7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 4, 2017 - 8:06am
durniplot's picture
Kudos: 0

I have a kodi instance running, and everything is shared with dlna. Infuse can connect, browse and play from this share just fine, but it cannot scan to library. Why not? This would be so great, as kodi keeps everything in sync for me, and masks rar-files etc. when going through the dlna share.

January 31, 2018 - 4:51am
durniplot's picture

Bump. Am I the only one who wants this, or was my request unclear?

January 31, 2018 - 9:02am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 359

Unfortunately Library won't be available when using most DLNA/UPnP devices. You would need to connect via SMB, NFS, FTP/SFTP, or WebDAV.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

February 1, 2018 - 4:25pm
durniplot's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Unfortunately Library won't be available when using most DLNA/UPnP devices. You would need to connect via SMB, NFS, FTP/SFTP, or WebDAV.

That's too bad. See, by using Kodi's DLNA-server, all media is served through Kodi's VFS. This enables transparent access to e.g. rar'ed media and other Kodi media sources that are implemented as a VFS.

Assuming media on a DLNA share has a static identifier, I don't see why one shouldn't be able to store these in the library in the same way as paths to files on a network drive.

June 5, 2019 - 6:31am
durniplot's picture

Bump again. Why can't this be done? Aren't the DLNA generated "paths" static?

June 5, 2019 - 11:59am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,115

Unfortunately, links from UPnP/DLNA sources are not static, and can change frequently when content is added or removed.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

June 5, 2019 - 1:36pm
durniplot's picture

Alright, thanks for the clarification. How about rar-archive support then? the Infuse library is basically useless for me and many others, too, I think, as our media is stored in (mostly uncompressed) multipart rar.