43 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 6, 2017 - 1:15am
stephaaan's picture
Kudos: 45

Hi there,

First post being a feature request - sorry! Smile

Would it be possible to have multiple versions added to the naming scheme, something like this:

• My awesome vacation (2017)
    • My awesome vacation (2017) [1080p].mkv
    • My awesome vacation (2017) [2160p].mkv

Background is that some devices in the house are not 4k-able and this way, I could select which version to play beforehand, similar to what Emby provides (see screenshot). This would also avoid having duplicate entries within the library Smile Or maybe there's another way to accomplish this?

Attachments: 
  November 17, 2017 - 4:03pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 120
  stephaaan wrote:

Hi there,

First post being a feature request - sorry! Smile

Would it be possible to have multiple versions added to the naming scheme, something like this:

• My awesome vacation (2017)
    • My awesome vacation (2017) [1080p].mkv
    • My awesome vacation (2017) [2160p].mkv

Background is that some devices in the house are not 4k-able and this way, I could select which version to play beforehand, similar to what Emby provides (see screenshot). This would also avoid having duplicate entries within the library Smile Or maybe there's another way to accomplish this?

Although not necessarily ideal, you can put different qualities in different directories and exclude those from library

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

December 6, 2017 - 7:28am
vanYth's picture
Kudos: 5

I have a similar „problem“ with 3D/2D versions of the same movie. Or theatrical version and extended cut.

December 6, 2017 - 3:45pm
Sketchthis31's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 21
  vanYth wrote:

I have a similar „problem“ with 3D/2D versions of the same movie. Or theatrical version and extended cut.

Same for me

March 18, 2018 - 3:47am
lixe's picture
Kudos: 0

I just thought about the same suggestion. It would also be really helpful if you want to take a movie with you (downloading it on your ipad), but want to choose a smaller version, for example only 720p or 1080p instead of 2160p.

March 19, 2018 - 1:40am
RexManning's picture
Kudos: 1

I had the same issue with trailers not being shown and put them in a sub folder. I will start doing the same with movies I have 3d versions of next to the normal 2d hd files.

March 19, 2018 - 3:04am
JohanBoskamp's picture
Beta Tester
  vanYth wrote:

Same for me, some options for this would be nice

March 20, 2018 - 7:40am
IGI2's picture
Kudos: 61

I have similar issue with language version.

But I suspect this would be more complicated.

However, if it's possible it would be great if Infuse could scan audio tracks and display flags or text names for the languages.

I have a variety of English and Polish movies. And only some of them has double tracks inside one file.

Sometimes popular movie has at least 3 audio tracks, English (original), Polish (lector), Polish (dubbing). But sometimes I have them as two separate files, one with original English, and second, a Polish edition.

July 25, 2018 - 9:35pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 382

It'd be great to be able to have multiple versions (different resolutions and audio tracks) of the same movie show as one entry with an option to select which one is played without having to have Plex involved, just Infuse.

This feature was listed as "Pending" and was noted in another thread

james wrote:

For 5.7.4, we're working to allow multiple versions of the same movie to be grouped together. This will work whether you use Plex or not.

Those of us who are "Infuse" purists and have zero interest in running a Plex server shouldn't have to take a back seat in the features arena. Would be nice to at least get back on the Pending list for Infuse only features.

If you agree, don't forget to "Like" the first post in this thread. Smile

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

July 25, 2018 - 9:47pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 120
  NC Bullseye wrote:

It'd be great to be able to have multiple versions (different resolutions and audio tracks) of the same movie show as one entry with an option to select which one is played without having to have Plex involved, just Infuse.

This feature was listed as "Pending" and was noted in another thread

Those of us who are "Infuse" purists and have zero interest in running a Plex server shouldn't have to take a back seat in the features arena. Would be nice to at least get back on the Pending list for Infuse only features.

If you agree, don't forget to "Like" the first post in this thread. Smile

Ditto

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

August 14, 2018 - 9:12pm
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 146

For reference, NC is referring to this discussion: https://firecore.com/forum/topic/21003

• Infuse Pro Lifetime
  August 15, 2018 - 5:56am
joro_abv's picture
Kudos: 5

This is an issue, indeed. It happens to get two versions of the same movie - one higher quality, but original audio only and one lower quality, but with voices in my language. This mostly happens with my daughter animations, of course, but no the less - it happens :-D.

September 21, 2018 - 11:08pm
MONKiSTREAM's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

This is much needed!

I've got most of my movies encoded in 2 or more qualities. With over a 1000 movies, seeing doubles or triples creates a hell of a mess Frown This is one of the main reasons I'm still using Plex. It's much more pressing for non-tech savvy family members because for them it just looks like a bug and they can't tell what's going on.

October 11, 2018 - 7:17am
Gonzalo_CL's picture
Kudos: 3

Totally agree, in my case i have a lot of 3D movies and it would be great if i could see some "3D" tag (similar to the new "4K" in order to select the version i wanted to see.
Thumbs up !!!

October 31, 2018 - 6:15am
joska1993's picture

+1

November 3, 2018 - 10:20am
IGI2's picture
Kudos: 61

+1

November 19, 2018 - 8:18pm
peterjcat's picture
Beta Tester

Definite +1 for me. I have full ISOs in InFuse and lower-quality MP4s in Plex. It would be great to have both versions grouped together in the InFuse library, though I'm not assuming this would be simple to do!

November 30, 2018 - 5:29am
Allex's picture
Kudos: 4

This would be good for multi servers also to avoid having duplicate entries within the library

December 16, 2018 - 4:36pm
jakeadams's picture
Beta Tester

This would be great, especially since 4K is being more and more popular . Any updates on this @James?

Jake Adams

December 26, 2018 - 5:05pm
Wassindabox's picture
Beta Tester

+1

January 4, 2019 - 8:38am
Rohan1986's picture

Yes! This would be great!

January 17, 2019 - 3:39pm
plowman.ds's picture

+1

January 31, 2019 - 9:19am
Lamigo's picture
Beta Tester

+1

February 5, 2019 - 12:50pm
Haldir's picture
Beta Tester

Hello,

With the new icloud sync engine, can we imagine a multiple version for non-plex share even if the match is made manually ?

Thanks

February 10, 2019 - 1:49pm
coryd.9075's picture
Beta Tester

100% +1. Albeit I have numerous server racks and servers, racks handling 4K and 8K lossless content for McIntosh Labs home theatre systems and Synology DS918+ servers for light/away from home streaming and most newer hardware handles H.265, yet there are times when I have various movies with DTS tracks that won’t play even with stereo audio tracks always being default. I’ve had to create subfolders and/or rename the various other versions which isn’t fun especially as I painstakingly metatag everything according to universal standards for proper local caching.

Being able to recognize the differences between files (DTS, H265, 4K, 1080P, etc) and “stacking” the films as though they were in a series, allowing the user to click on the film and see the various versions available for play would be perfect. Storage space isn’t a problem (for most), having the ability to maintain a library with various versions of the same title would be the best addition to Infuse 6.

Also, proper tagging/caching of Extras, deleted scenes, etc would be incredible. I often keep them in a subfolder for each movie yet even though they’re tagged (via Subler or another tagging/remuxing app), Infuse always mistags them and doesn’t read the included local tagged content.

February 10, 2019 - 2:48pm
Wassindabox's picture
Beta Tester

I would absolute love to see how big your cache folder is... that’s one hell of a setup you have.

March 21, 2019 - 2:50pm
movie lover's picture
Kudos: 25

I'm looking for a way to differentiate between the theatrical release and director / extended cut releases. I am aware that themoviedb.org doesn't support this currently but it would be a great innovation if Infuse could manage to produce a solution for multiple versions of the same move, albeit with different run times.

AppleTV4 (32 GB), tvOS 13.2, Infuse Pro 6.2.3, NFS streaming from Netgear ReadyNAS

March 24, 2019 - 2:53pm
peterjcat's picture
Beta Tester

With all the metadata InFuse has on each file it should be possible to identify what is different about the versions -- at the moment the Plex implementation shows resolution and bitrate, but if there are significantly different running times then that would also be something to identify. There could also be file naming conventions for theatrical/extended/uncut etc.

However, I'm not sure if any progress is being made on multiple versions for non-Plex content.

April 1, 2019 - 5:54pm
jakeadams's picture
Beta Tester

Any updates on this + @James?

In my opinion, this is the biggest drawback with Infuse vs. Plex.

Jake Adams

May 11, 2019 - 6:04pm
peterjcat's picture
Beta Tester

Multiple versions work pretty well with Plex content through Infuse (though there could be a bit more info to help tell the versions apart), is it really too hard to extend the functionality to non-Plex content?

Is anyone else interested in this feature or is just not an issue for most people?

May 11, 2019 - 7:15pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 382
  peterjcat wrote:

Multiple versions work pretty well with Plex content through Infuse (though there could be a bit more info to help tell the versions apart), is it really too hard to extend the functionality to non-Plex content?

Is anyone else interested in this feature or is just not an issue for most people?

I think if you read this thread and those referenced in it you'll see that there is quite a bit of interest in this feature both with plex and as a feature of Infuse only.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•