36 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 28, 2017 - 2:59am
Illusia's picture
Kudos: 13

Does infuse have BD MENU?if no any plans for future updates?

Best regards

November 28, 2017 - 10:29am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,203

By default, Infuse will automatically select the main title track. You can then pick from other titles (special features, deleted scenes, etc...) through the Video section of the Playback Menu while a video is playing.

Actual Blu-ray menus are not currently supported.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

November 28, 2017 - 11:16am
Illusia's picture

So its like a DUNE hd 303D?

Do you plan in future release bd menu obviously not for free. But this feature could be a market killer for atv4k+infuse pro

November 28, 2017 - 11:21am
james's picture
Staff

Sorry, I'm not familiar with that device so I can't comment on how it works.

Adding support for DVD/Blu-ray menus may be something we look into for a future update, but we don't have any kind of ETA right now.

November 28, 2017 - 11:25am
Illusia's picture

Thank you

November 28, 2017 - 6:37pm
FranknStein7's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 23

James can you provide a little more insight into how Infuse selects the main title track? This isn't necessarily straightforward because of playlist obfuscation on some discs and movies with different 'angles' (seen mainly in Disney/Pixar discs), so I'm wondering what logic Infuse uses. In my opinion this in the main advantage of full menu support.

November 29, 2017 - 2:56pm
james's picture
Staff
  FranknStein7 wrote:

James can you provide a little more insight into how Infuse selects the main title track? This isn't necessarily straightforward because of playlist obfuscation on some discs and movies with different 'angles' (seen mainly in Disney/Pixar discs), so I'm wondering what logic Infuse uses. In my opinion this in the main advantage of full menu support.

Infuse uses a custom algorithm to identify the main title, and for the most part it has worked pretty well since we added BDMV/ISO support back in March. We have a few tweaks for some UHD discs we'll be rolling out in 5.6.3 which we hope to submit to Apple this week.

If you're having trouble with any particular titles feel free to let us know.

November 29, 2017 - 3:15pm
FranknStein7's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 23

Interesting! Good to know, will have to do some more testing myself.

January 23, 2018 - 2:36am
cesarleeds's picture
Kudos: 6

Bump, i'm also very interested in this feature, would love to see this happening.

January 23, 2018 - 8:36am
Ph886's picture
Kudos: 9

While they would be nice to have, BD Menus (especially BD Java menus) can be a beast to deal with. There are only a small number of media players that actually handle them and even then its not "perfect". Supposedly Kodi has been working on it with the newer versions of libbluray. If it were easy to enable this, I would expect man more players and software to enable them. Right now, the ability just to play ISOs is great for me, Menu's would just be icing on the cake.

June 10, 2018 - 4:32am
OlivierQC's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1

Hi all,

i agree with Ph886,

It is a major step forward for infuse to have added support for ISO and BDMV...thanks a lot Infuse Smile

Having the support of the BD Menus (especially BD Java menus) would be the icing on the cake.

@James,
Do you have any news or is this dead and buried?

Thanks in advance

OlivierQC

Egreat A11, Zidoo X20 PRO and Apple TV 4K with the great Infuse PRO

June 10, 2018 - 5:14am
Illusia's picture

Everyone is aware about licence for BDmenu.
So any chance make it as an add-on for some fee?
Im ready to buy!!!
Just make it happen

June 10, 2018 - 8:24am
OlivierQC's picture
Beta Tester

so do I,

Zidoo, Egreat and soon Dune multimedia box have the support of BD menu, we can hope to have it on Infuse PRO ... one day Smile

Egreat A11, Zidoo X20 PRO and Apple TV 4K with the great Infuse PRO

August 25, 2018 - 1:26pm
rootMBX's picture
  james wrote:

Infuse uses a custom algorithm to identify the main title, and for the most part it has worked pretty well since we added BDMV/ISO support back in March. We have a few tweaks for some UHD discs we'll be rolling out in 5.6.3 which we hope to submit to Apple this week.

If you're having trouble with any particular titles feel free to let us know.

Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Season 1 Blu-ray (at least Disc 1) starts with playing an episode not being the first. It looks like it might be in reverse order; last title is first episode, etc.

Does Infuse have road map or feature priority list that can be shared? DVD and Blu-ray menus would make navigating these discs much easier.

August 25, 2018 - 3:41pm
BdoUK's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

Rogue One also has a slight issue with title selection. By default Infuse appears to be selecting the Spanish title (you will see this during the "A long time ago..." section) instead of the default English title.

September 25, 2018 - 11:26am
jowi's picture

Are there any plans of implementing DVD, Bluray and UHD menu's? That would make Infuse a killer app/media player... why isn't this implemented yet? Will it ever? I would pay premium for this...

September 25, 2018 - 2:58pm
Ph886's picture
  jowi wrote:

Are there any plans of implementing DVD, Bluray and UHD menu's? That would make Infuse a killer app/media player... why isn't this implemented yet? Will it ever? I would pay premium for this...

Its not as easy as it looks (as has already been discussed). Ever is a long time, not sure anyone can see that far out.

September 26, 2018 - 6:56am
costaud's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4

Hello,
Waiting for UHD menu support, is someone has a tips to have poster available on infuse for UHD BD structure including AVCHD folder ( to have global support on oppo 203) Wink
ex: movie name folder / AVCHD folder / UHD structure folder
thanks

October 1, 2018 - 1:22am
Betfair's picture

i would def. want to see this on infuse pro in soon.

October 1, 2018 - 5:19am
jowi's picture

@James, any news on this? It would really make Infuse a killer app.

I've got a large collection of dvd's of (old) tv series etc, that can not be played in chronological order by Infuse. Also a lot of music dvd's that basically can not be played or setup without the actual menu. Same for bluray's of tv series; there are multiple episodes on a bluray, and without the menu you just don't know what the correct order is. 0001.m2ts is episode 4, 0003.m2ts is episode 1 etc. I don't have many UHD's yet, but in time the same issues will show up there as well.

October 1, 2018 - 12:14pm
james's picture
Staff

Moving to suggestions.

November 9, 2018 - 9:15am
tlagrassa's picture
Kudos: 0

Here is my suggestion even though I'm late to the party. I posted this in another menu thread after which I was prompted to post here:

If menu implementation is not feasible, how about a way to cycle back and forth through titles and chapters on the main play screen?
Like this:
| Title | Timeline Scrub-bar | Chapter |
Swiping to (Title) or (Chapter) and pressing main remote button right and left side to cycle up and down for example.
Yes, no, maybe so?

November 9, 2018 - 9:54am
jowi's picture
  tlagrassa wrote:

If menu implementation is not feasible, how about a way to cycle back and forth through titles and chapters on the main play screen?

That still does not solve the issue with blurays that have multiple chapters which are not stored chronologically on the disc... your 'chapter 3' might still be episode 1 etc. We don't need some 'menu light' feature, we NEED full menu's, it's as simple as that.

February 9, 2019 - 8:48am
jowi's picture

Just to be annoying, and to keep the subject alive, any updates on bluray/uhd menu's yet?

February 22, 2019 - 5:21pm
mensa's picture
Beta Tester

When will blu-ray menus be supported?

February 25, 2019 - 7:53pm
seanrt's picture

I really hope to see DVD menu support for ISOs soon

Saturday Morning Cartoon Historian in my head

February 25, 2019 - 9:28pm
Ph886's picture
  mensa wrote:

When will blu-ray menus be supported?

I would not expect anytime soon (if ever). Implementing them is NOT easy (as you can see from previous posts) and no program on iOS or TvOS does them (that I’m aware of). I’m one of the ones that would love to see it, but I know how difficult it was for Kodi to implement them and these days o oh a couple of decides actually do them via “proprietary” methods.

March 3, 2019 - 9:20am
fredrikr.8650's picture

I vouch for BD/UHD-Menu support as well. This would free up a whole lot of Dune boxes still in use. (Which does them pretty much perfectly)

BD TV-series is a pain without BD-Menu support as they are often not in the chronological order on the disc which Infuse assumes...

March 4, 2019 - 8:00am
Sledgehamma's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 14
  Ph886 wrote:

I would not expect anytime soon (if ever). Implementing them is NOT easy (as you can see from previous posts) and no program on iOS or TvOS does them (that I’m aware of). I’m one of the ones that would love to see it, but I know how difficult it was for Kodi to implement them and these days o oh a couple of decides actually do them via “proprietary” methods.

MrMC actually does support BD menus via libbluray. Relying on libbluray is significantly easier than building your own solution, but its far from perfect.

March 4, 2019 - 8:31am
Ph886's picture
  Sledgehamma wrote:

MrMC actually does support BD menus via libbluray. Relying on libbluray is significantly easier than building your own solution, but its far from perfect.

Didn’t know they had implemented full java support. Since it’s a form I’m Kodi, May be easier (Kodi has non java support for awhile). I know implementing the bd java support (the one people want) wasn’t easy for Kodi and took a long time. I would think that the libbluray may be able to be implemented with Infuse, but I think they have higher priorities right now.

March 4, 2019 - 8:44am
Sledgehamma's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 14
  Ph886 wrote:

Didn’t know they had implemented full java support. Since it’s a form I’m Kodi, May be easier (Kodi has non java support for awhile). I know implementing the bd java support (the one people want) wasn’t easy for Kodi and took a long time. I would think that the libbluray may be able to be implemented with Infuse, but I think they have higher priorities right now.

Damn! I forgot the java part. It's been a while since I tested it with MrMC, can't remember if Java worked or not. Sorry!
Afaik Kodi just uses libbluray.