iPad Picture-in-Picture mode button missing for certain videos

I was recently watching a season of King of the Hill (from my Infuse collection) in the background, through the use of my iPad’s Picture-in-Picture (PiP) feature. For some reason the PiP button that usually appears in the bottom right of Infuse (during playback), is showing up for every single episode except 1. I thought it was a fluke, but I went ahead and reset everything and it still happens with the same episode.

Is there a special video spec requirement in order for Picture-in-Picture to function? Even if there is though, all of this season’s videos have identical specs:

MKV - H.264 / MPEG-4 part 10 - 360p - AAC 2.0

iPad Pro 12" (2017 model) - iOS 11.1.2 - Infuse Pro 5.6.2

NEVERMIND! THE ISSUE RESOLVED ITSELF 24 HOURS LATER.

I’m experiencing the same thing: PiP is available for some videos on my iPad Pro (iOS 11.2.1) but not others.
Is there any way to know in advance whether a video will support it?

[UPDATE] I just found this description of which files support it and which don’t. Since it was written by a user, not a Firecore rep, it would be nice to get some official confirmation that it’s valid: iOS Picture in Picture support - #20 by TheToid

My issue ended up fixing itself. I would recommend force quitting app, or resetting device, or resetting your network drive.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.