7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 10, 2009 - 3:39pm
colep74's picture
Kudos: 0

Just purchased aTV Flash 4.02 (latest build) factory reset my ATV, updated it to 3.01 - Installed all options except XMBC and Boxee (didn't want the menu options too much to mess with to configure). Have a 500GB mini external USB HD loaded with two folders, FILM, and AUDIO (audio containing 56GB of music, FILM has yet to be loaded) which is plugged-in through the iMac USB KB (w/mouse).
[b][u]3 QUESTION[/u][/b]

[b]1.[/b] Where is the install package for Google Earth, I see all of this mentioning of it, but have found no install source in any Applications menu. :?:

[b]2.[/b] When I pull up my Audio folder (from the HD) ATVF loads the song list, then hangs. After a bit, I can scroll down the list, 2-3 screens, then it hangs for 30 seconds to a minute again (using apple remote). This happens when HD is plugged in through USB KB Hub, and plugged directly into ATV.

[b]3.[/b] If the music list is slow to load, I wonder if the same will happen when I load movies on the HD. :?

Thanks for any answers (ATVF mods included Smile

December 10, 2009 - 4:15pm
colep74's picture

OK found this video about adding apps, makes it look relatively simple :arrow: [url]http://wiki.atvflash.com/index.php?title=Install_Applications[/url]
Wonder how GoogleEarth.app will fair...

Still having HD lag however...

[b]Sidenote[/b]: Something I've noticed about these videos, when are they going to be updated showing the ATV 3.01 interface?

December 12, 2009 - 3:12pm
fschaeffer's picture

Have just updated to the latest 4.0.3 version.
Where do I install Google Earth. I remember being able to install it via some menu within ATVFlash..

December 13, 2009 - 8:03pm
iv.michael's picture

I've followed the Instructions and installed Google Earth.app in the Applications folder (using CyberDuck which works fine)
However, there's no Maintenance option to Install it and when run from the NitoTv menu got an update message (which I've done and put the latest app into the folder) but now when I run it I just get the silver Apple logo and nothing happens.

Any ideas ?

December 15, 2009 - 6:34am
max's picture
max
Kudos: 1

Unfortunately Google Earth is not currently compatible with the 3.0+ AppleTV software.

December 16, 2009 - 6:41am
fschaeffer's picture

Are there any plans to have Google Earth compatible with the latest apple TV firmware?

June 19, 2010 - 1:46am
neji's picture

hello,

here is google earth for you.
download it from the following link.