10 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 16, 2017 - 9:53pm
coops's picture
Kudos: 13

First - thanks for Infuse... very, very happy to turn off my Plex server on my Synology and switch to Infuse on my new ATV 4k.

But, as always there's some 'first world issues' that I'd still like to see, so here t'is....

1. Browsing in the TV show folders, the 'top level' display (with all the Shows on display, poster style) does not have any watched status. Selecting a particular show, will then show watched status for any season and selecting a season shows individual episode watched status... but no watched status for the entire show from the 'main' listing.
  2. Not sure how uich time left is needed to trigger the 'watched' status to update - but perhaps an option to make it larger like 5 minutes - i.e. as soon as an episode is watched to within 5 minutes of file end, it will toggle the status to watched. Current setting seems a bit short, with a show with longer credits.
  December 30, 2017 - 1:18pm
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 151

2. Not sure how uich time left is needed to trigger the 'watched' status to update - but perhaps an option to make it larger like 5 minutes - i.e. as soon as an episode is watched to within 5 minutes of file end, it will toggle the status to watched. Current setting seems a bit short, with a show with longer credits.

Similarly, if you play an item for just a second or less (if it fails to load and jumps to next item), it will be added to the "Watching" section. An item should only be added to the "Watching" section when it's been watched for at least several seconds or a minute. The only way to then remove it from "Watching" is to mark it as watched, even if the item hasn't been watched, which means it then needs to be marked as unwatched. All of this just to keep the "Watching" section clean. It should be handled the same way Plex does it.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime
  January 1, 2018 - 9:02pm
coops's picture
Kudos: 13

And in the 'Watching' section - like in the Plex 'On Deck' - when a new episode of a watched show arrives in your media folder... this should trigger and be shown in the watching section... at present if you're 'watching' a show and finish all current episodes, it does not show up again even when a new episode is ready.

January 10, 2018 - 2:58am
dave1447's picture
Kudos: 3

+1 If I stop playback during closing credits of a TV show, I consider it watched. Sometimes it can be tricky to come back and catchup to where you were under the current system.

January 10, 2018 - 2:06pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 416
  dave1447 wrote:

+1 If I stop playback during closing credits of a TV show, I consider it watched. Sometimes it can be tricky to come back and catchup to where you were under the current system.

The problem I've seen is that there in no set time duration for credits so if the credits run for 5 minutes it may not be marked as watched but some credits are sped up and last only a few seconds and those will show as watched when quit before end. Then there's the shows that the credits have been eliminated and then if you quit early to come back later it will still show as watched and not in process.

It appears Infuse has chosen a middle of the road time for the marking as watched and that seems to work the majority of the time. I don't think there's any "markers in videos that signal the start of credits so it will always be a toss of the dice where to mark it watched.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

January 10, 2018 - 11:54pm
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
  NC Bullseye wrote:

The problem I've seen is that there in no set time duration for credits so if the credits run for 5 minutes it may not be marked as watched but some credits are sped up and last only a few seconds and those will show as watched when quit before end. Then there's the shows that the credits have been eliminated and then if you quit early to come back later it will still show as watched and not in process.

It appears Infuse has chosen a middle of the road time for the marking as watched and that seems to work the majority of the time. I don't think there's any "markers in videos that signal the start of credits so it will always be a toss of the dice where to mark it watched.

In my many years of using Plex, which does exactly what is requested, I've never been burned by this assumption. I want that assumption. We don't need markers. Who watches half-hour TV shows and legitimately pauses with only one minute to go--and moreover does this all the time, to the point that it inconveniences them on the regular? It's a practical assumption to assume that if there's a minute left in anything that it's almost certainly done with. I don't know anyone who constantly pauses everything they watch during the last climactic minute only to return to it later. That's just not the general use case--not by a long-shot. By and large, users are done with the content if that condition exists. It's an intelligent assumption to make. I am constantly marking items I'm done watching as watched in Infuse; I never need to do this with Plex: when I'm done watching something, it's just marked as watched. I'm regularly getting burned by shows not being marked as watched in Infuse.

I've mentioned elsewhere that the assumption can be a calculation based on the length of the item. If it's a three-hour movie, it's probably safe to assume that leaving it with five minutes left means it is watched. Similarly, a 30-minute TV show with five minutes left to go might not be completely watched, but it's probably watched if there's only one minute to go.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime
  March 25, 2018 - 12:00pm
letchu22's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4

Hope that this can be implemented.

March 26, 2018 - 8:23am
jjross's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

Agreed. +1

March 26, 2018 - 8:23am
jjross's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

Agreed. +1

March 26, 2018 - 7:42pm
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester

Upvote the original post, guys. Adding a comment will not increase the visibility of the issue.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime