37 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 18, 2017 - 7:29pm
muttonhead's picture
Kudos: 1

So I received an email about older infuse pro users (me - on 4.3.7) upgrading to 5 pro with special pricing. I opened the new app (following the instructions in the blog post regarding upgrading) and now I am on a page titled 'Upgrade to Infuse Pro' with a 'special' lifetime cost of 39.99 CAD, but then off to the side another Lifetime option for $54.99 CAD… then at the bottom of this page a 'restore' button. Needless to say I'm confused. What is this 'restore' button? Is the upgrade special the 39.99? Why is there a 54.00 option too?

I'm thinking of taking the lifetime plunge, but if I'm clicking on something I want to get it right. Any help appreciated. (Note I'm in Canada in case that matters)

Dave

December 18, 2017 - 8:59pm
defn's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 3

I've seen the same thing, only a special lifetime option of SGD44.98 vs the regular SGD 59.98. Might be better to wait for James to give an official comment though.

December 18, 2017 - 10:45pm
Philip Roy's picture
Kudos: 2

My take...typically I think you'll see Monthly, Yearly and Lifetime options....but he's running a deal at the moment...so the cheaper lifetime option is (as it says) a special.

So the special is $39.99 (go for that if you want lifetime)....and later (when the special ends) the regular price will be $54 for those that take it up...a bit odd that both prices are currently listed on the same screen, which is a bit confusing.

Regarding restore, this is for when you reinstall Infuse or set it up on a new device...you "Restore" your previous purchase so it knows you have paid. You shouldn't have to do that unless the app doesn't realise you have an existing subscription but isn't showing it.

Hope that helps...but James can confirm if I have that correct.

Phil

December 19, 2017 - 7:24am
iceberg's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4

I also found it confusing – there was a choice on the far left for “lifetime” priced at $29.99 USD, and on the far right and option for $39.99 USD for “lifetime pro”

My annual subscription comes up in 2 days. Hope we get clarity before then.

December 19, 2017 - 10:57am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,152

Sorry for the confusion.

The regular lifetime and special lifetime are the same. The special is supposed to only be displayed for v4 upgrades, though there is a bug in the current version that is allowing it to show for some v5 people as well. Our mistake is your gain, so if you're interested in the lifetime special you probably want to snag it before 5.6.5 rolls out with the upgrade pricing fix. Wink

Alternatively, if you want to stay on the subscription, your price is locked in for life and will never increase.

The Restore is there in case your past purchase isn't being recognized in the app, though in most cases it's not required to use this.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

December 19, 2017 - 11:10am
iceberg's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4
  james wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

The regular lifetime and special lifetime are the same. The special is supposed to only be displayed for v4 upgrades, though there is a bug in the current version that is allowing it to show for some v5 people as well. Our mistake is your gain, so if you're interested in the lifetime special you probably want to snag it before 5.6.5 rolls out with the upgrade pricing fix. Wink

Alternatively, if you want to stay on the subscription, your price is locked in for life and will never increase.

Perhaps the bug is because I purchased Pro for Infuse v2, v3, v4, etc?

The $4.99 annual subscription will never increase? W00t!

December 19, 2017 - 11:12am
Celentano's picture

hi,
could u pls explain what is the difference to make an update and buy directly from the Apple store (the price is cheaper 2 times)?

December 19, 2017 - 12:39pm
james's picture
Staff
  Celentano wrote:

hi,
could u pls explain what is the difference to make an update and buy directly from the Apple store (the price is cheaper 2 times)?

Are you referring to the standalone Pro app?

If so, that's available as an option, and will include all updates until v6 is released.

December 19, 2017 - 12:57pm
Celentano's picture
  james wrote:

Are you referring to the standalone Pro app?

If so, that's available as an option, and will include all updates until v6 is released.

if i am paying for upgrade to Infuse Pro lifetime plan now, does it mean I am getting unlimited lifetime upgrades?

December 19, 2017 - 1:02pm
james's picture
Staff
  Celentano wrote:

if i am paying for upgrade to Infuse Pro lifetime plan now, does it mean I am getting unlimited lifetime upgrades?

Yes, the In-App options all include updates.

December 19, 2017 - 1:05pm
Celentano's picture
  james wrote:

Yes, the In-App options all include updates.

Great, Thx

December 19, 2017 - 3:32pm
muttonhead's picture

Thanks for all the help! Will be ordering soon. I'm extremely happy with infuse. Smile

December 19, 2017 - 5:04pm
PTDennis's picture

I just bought the lifetime subscription. Keep up the good work James!

December 20, 2017 - 2:12am
RbCEUcMK's picture
Kudos: 0

Can someone please post all the current pricings, preferably in euro? I'm currently in trial period started before this pricing change, and can't determine what I want to do without know current prices. Thanks.

December 20, 2017 - 6:09am
EVEBRAVE's picture

So the yearly subscription price has increased for new v5 purchasers and previous v4 owners, do I understand correctly?
Thanks

December 20, 2017 - 7:46am
james's picture
Staff
  RbCEUcMK wrote:

Can someone please post all the current pricings, preferably in euro? I'm currently in trial period started before this pricing change, and can't determine what I want to do without know current prices. Thanks.

If you started a trial before Dec 18, then you will have the old subscription pricing and keep that for life - your price will never increases.

Pricing can vary widely by country, but you can view the options available to you by tapping the 'View Subscription' button that appears underneath the Pro icon in Infuse > Settings.

EVEBRAVE wrote:

So the yearly subscription price has increased for new v5 purchasers and previous v4 owners, do I understand correctly?
Thanks

The subscription rate was increased slightly for all who choose to start a subscription on or after Dec 18. This does not affect those who have an existing subscription, or started a free trial before Dec 18.

Infuse 4 users can upgrade to a lifetime license at a substantial discount, and bit more info on how this works can be found here.

https://firecore.com/forum/topic/17587

December 20, 2017 - 8:00am
EVEBRAVE's picture

"The subscription rate was increased slightly ...", for me as a v4 Pro user, it increased from 5 to 10.50 CHF, that is not exactly "slightly" Smile

December 20, 2017 - 8:24am
james's picture
Staff
  EVEBRAVE wrote:

"The subscription rate was increased slightly ...", for me as a v4 Pro user, it increased from 5 to 10.50 CHF, that is not exactly "slightly" Smile

Are you currently subscribed to Pro?

There was a promo we ran last year after the initial release of v5 which offered a discounted subscription option for those that signed up before the end of 2016. If you subscribed during this time, then that is the price you would be locked in at.

Apple also has a 60 day grace period, so if you had a subscription that you chose not to renew, you have 60 days to reactivate it while still being able to keep your old rate.

December 20, 2017 - 9:35am
EVEBRAVE's picture
  james wrote:

Are you currently subscribed to Pro?

There was a promo we ran last year after the initial release of v5 which offered a discounted subscription option for those that signed up before the end of 2016. If you subscribed during this time, then that is the price you would be locked in at.

Apple also has a 60 day grace period, so if you had a subscription that you chose not to renew, you have 60 days to reactivate it while still being able to keep your old rate.

When I bought v4 Pro, there was no subscription; my v5 subscription expired Jan. 2017. So, it is the "old" situation either buy for even a higher -recurrent- subscription rate or leave it at v4 Pro. In this case, I will choose the later option because my needs are actually covered by MrMC (which does it all, and more, at a fraction of the price of Infuse's Life-Time subscription) for local playback and Plex/Emby for Remote Playback (MrMC supports both Plex and Emby). In fact, Infuse v4 got a new life with the Apple TV 4K and plays very well incl. HEVC.
So, there is no urgent need for me to upgrade except that I like the UI of Infuse which is almost identical to DS Video (Synology) and similar to the UI of Plex App on Apple TV.
Infuse is a great product but sorry, I will skip this Infuse upgrade round again Wink

December 21, 2017 - 7:40am
VpR's picture
Beta Tester
VpR

James, how about the 30% discount from last year? I got the yearly pro with 30%, but now I only see options for lifetime €49,99 or monthly €0,99. Why no lifetime with the 30% discount? I also came from 4 pro.

December 21, 2017 - 9:25am
EVEBRAVE's picture
  VpR wrote:

James, how about the 30% discount from last year? I got the yearly pro with 30%, but now I only see options for lifetime €49,99 or monthly €0,99. Why no lifetime with the 30% discount? I also came from 4 pro.

I also come from v4 Pro. In the Swiss Store, the prices that v5 shows me for an upgrade to Pro are (CHF): Life Time 29 (instead of 44), Monthly 1, Yearly 10.50.
It was 5.50 (instead of regular 7.50) for a yearly subscription and 13.0 for one time purchase (still available for 15.0, until v6 release; no time limit). All prices are in Swiss Francs (CHF)

December 22, 2017 - 1:36am
VpR's picture
Beta Tester
VpR
  EVEBRAVE wrote:

I also come from v4 Pro. In the Swiss Store, the prices that v5 shows me for an upgrade to Pro are (CHF): Life Time 29 (instead of 44), Monthly 1, Yearly 10.50.
It was 5.50 (instead of regular 7.50) for a yearly subscription and 13.0 for one time purchase (still available for 15.0, until v6 release; no time limit). All prices are in Swiss Francs (CHF)

I have pro 5 at the moment, but no discount on lifetime.

December 22, 2017 - 4:26am
EVEBRAVE's picture
  VpR wrote:

I have pro 5 at the moment, but no discount on lifetime.

Infuse is not Plex, so it remains restricted in use as a local player (client with only moderate media management capabilities) and, thus, the usability doesn’t not justify a „life time“ subscription IMHO. A one time purchase, like many other -more capable- players with proven media management capabilities (I mentioned some in a previous post) would be appropriate. The pricing scheme that Firecore implemented, suddenly cutting-off v4 Pro users from Upgrade or even support, changing the modalities yearly to substantially higer costs, confusing mix of customers categories has justified a lot of criticism. As I explained in an earlier post, I have accordingly adapted my use case.
So, you are experiencing what I have experienced exactly a year ago with the advantage that you are well until v6; I bought v4 Pro end of June 2016 and was abandoned by Dec. the same year when v5 was introduced (at will with no major difference to v4).

December 23, 2017 - 5:54pm
leocastillo's picture
Kudos: 0

Question: Does this also affect AppleTV or AppleTV app is bought separately?

December 23, 2017 - 9:12pm
Celentano's picture
  leocastillo wrote:

Question: Does this also affect AppleTV or AppleTV app is bought separately?

I bought the lifetime subscription (pro).
it’s works on iPad and AppleTV, you just need to use same AppleId.

December 28, 2017 - 9:56am
EVEBRAVE's picture
  james wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

The Restore is there in case your past purchase isn't being recognized in the app, though in most cases it's not required to use this.

Is there a trial period for the special life-time? If so, how long?

Thanks

December 28, 2017 - 1:00pm
james's picture
Staff
  EVEBRAVE wrote:

Is there a trial period for the special life-time? If so, how long?

Thanks

Since the lifetime license is a one-time purchase, it’s not actually a subscription so we’re not able to offer a trial.

The monthly and yearly options both have trials available which can be used for testing prior to purchasing a lifetime license.

December 28, 2017 - 3:33pm
EVEBRAVE's picture
  james wrote:

Since the lifetime license is a one-time purchase, it’s not actually a subscription so we’re not able to offer a trial.

The monthly and yearly options both have trials available which can be used for testing prior to purchasing a lifetime license.

I understand, and how long is the special offer, for v4 Pro users, available in case I choose a subscription?

December 28, 2017 - 3:42pm
james's picture
Staff
  EVEBRAVE wrote:

I understand, and how long is the special offer, for v4 Pro users, available in case I choose a subscription?

There's no end date set right now.

December 30, 2017 - 6:43am
EVEBRAVE's picture
  james wrote:

There's no end date set right now.

I had a one month trial a year ago (ended Jan. 2017) but v5 was then not much different from v5 that is why I wanted to give it another trial.
My plan is, if I am satisfied, I will upgrade to life-time before the end of the trial period.

Do I still get another one month trial period if I subscribe now for a year (or will it count the previous trial and do not offer another one)?

January 1, 2018 - 12:20pm
james's picture
Staff
  EVEBRAVE wrote:

I had a one month trial a year ago (ended Jan. 2017) but v5 was then not much different from v5 that is why I wanted to give it another trial.
My plan is, if I am satisfied, I will upgrade to life-time before the end of the trial period.

Do I still get another one month trial period if I subscribe now for a year (or will it count the previous trial and do not offer another one)?

Unforutantely not, as Apple only allows one trial per user.

You might be able to get a 1 week trial if you start a monthly subscription. You can tap this option on the Infuse Pro upgrade page, and you'll get an Apple prompt outlining the exact details (before you actually are subscribed to anything) which should state whether you receive a trial or not.