17 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 16, 2018 - 9:28am
chaosngn's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

Any chance we could get a little 4K graphic that goes over the cover on the main library screen of 4K films? In my previous media programs I could create my own categories and had a 4K category, but now all of the movies are mixed in together. It would be nice to separate them somehow.

Or, can I actually create my own category (like TV, Movies, Other) and I'm just new and don't know how?

Also, loving Infuse so far. If you guys could get framepacked 3D working, you would have THE BOX/SOFTWARE to trump everything else since Atmos and bitstreaming are supposedly in the pipeline at Apple.

April 26, 2018 - 3:04am
Grifone1893's picture
Kudos: 0

I will be interested too.
It should be easy to create category based on filename.
For example if you use "4K" or "3D" in filename (Inception.4K.mkv or Inception.3D.mkv) then you will ave a 4K or 3D category.
It's just an idea, of course.

April 26, 2018 - 9:24am
chaosngn's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

In the meantime since I wrote that, I'm just using a favorite with all my 4K films in it. This works for me now because I've change to a new server with EVERYTHING on one box, but for some people who have 4K movies strewn about, this isn't a great solution and a little tag would be great.

April 26, 2018 - 9:35am
Grifone1893's picture

That's my case.
I have my movies mixed in various folders, so some kind of playlist maker (as in Kodi) would be great.

April 26, 2018 - 12:04pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,099

This is on our list to look into.

Since Infuse tracks the resolution for each video, there will be no special tagging required. Smile

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

April 26, 2018 - 11:52pm
Grifone1893's picture

Good news James.
So my only concern will be 3D movies Smile

August 28, 2018 - 5:57am
caryl's picture
Kudos: 1

Hello James !
How about this new feature ? It would be great, as « collections », to add a favorite by « resolution »
(.....and I can say an other time : I’m in love with your software !!!! Chuuut)

October 16, 2018 - 3:24pm
movie lover's picture
Kudos: 21

Pretty sure release 5.8.4 has solved this by introducing a filter by resolution option.

AppleTV4 (32 GB), tvOS 12.3, Infuse Pro 6.1.2, NFS streaming from Netgear ReadyNAS

March 26, 2019 - 10:05am
gtrogue's picture
Kudos: 2

Where is the filter by resolutions option mentioned here? Plex has the capability but I can't find it in Infuse.

March 26, 2019 - 10:39am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 352
  gtrogue wrote:

Where is the filter by resolutions option mentioned here? Plex has the capability but I can't find it in Infuse.

Library > Movies > By Resolution

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

March 26, 2019 - 10:52am
gtrogue's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Library > Movies > By Resolution

That doesn't help me. If I go to Library>Movies I don't see anything about resolution. If I select the search button I also don't have an option for By Resolution.

March 26, 2019 - 10:55am
gtrogue's picture

I know the confusion. I am looking at the iOS app. I know about the option in Mac/PC player. It doesn't appear to have this option on iOS.

March 26, 2019 - 10:55am
NC Bullseye's picture
  gtrogue wrote:

That doesn't help me. If I go to Library>Movies I don't see anything about resolution. If I select the search button I also don't have an option for By Resolution.

What do you see when you click on "Movies" in the "Library"?

March 26, 2019 - 10:57am
NC Bullseye's picture
  gtrogue wrote:

I know the confusion. I am looking at the iOS app. I know about the option in Mac/PC player. It doesn't appear to have this option on iOS.

Sorry bout that. Give me a few to look at the iOS version.

March 26, 2019 - 10:57am
gtrogue's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

What do you see when you click on "Movies" in the "Library"?

I am looking at the iOS app. I know about the option in the other players. You don't have that option in iOS.

March 26, 2019 - 11:01am
NC Bullseye's picture
  gtrogue wrote:

Looks like resolution isn't a sort option in iOS but I may be missing something too. I don't use the iOS version very often.

Where are you seeing a Mac/PC version of Infuse?

March 26, 2019 - 11:18am
gtrogue's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Looks like resolution isn't a sort option in iOS but I may be missing something too. I don't use the iOS version very often.

Where are you seeing a Mac/PC version of Infuse?

I was talking about other players on Mac and PC, Plex specifically. I keep everything synced with PMS so I get confused sometimes as to what is what.