19 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  March 8, 2018 - 4:54am
Pargeo's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi,
(Infuse Pro 5 on Apple TV, iPad & iPhone).
After the last update I cannot access to my shared folders any more (via SMB protocol). Any attempt ends up with 'Error has occurred while trying to connect' message.
The shared folders are accessible, and I can still play their contents using VLC player.

March 8, 2018 - 10:41am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,062

Sorry to hear about that.

We're looking into a few reported quirks in 5.6.9. Would you mind sending in a report from your device so we can look further into your particular case?

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

March 8, 2018 - 10:57am
Pargeo's picture

Hi,
I managed to solve the situation by recreating the share, but using my PC's IP address instead of its mnemonic name. After I did it, the shared folder immediately became visible again.
However, I used the name of my computer before.

March 8, 2018 - 11:02am
james's picture
Staff

Hmm, interesting.

Was Infuse able to detect this share automatically, or did you need to set it up manually?

March 8, 2018 - 11:13am
Pargeo's picture

No, I had to do it manually (after having reinstalled the app; it would probably have worked even without reinstalling the app, but did it anyway.)

March 8, 2018 - 11:31am
james's picture
Staff

Thanks for the info. Smile

March 9, 2018 - 5:20am
BDX's picture
BDX

There’s still a problem when using several users on one SMB-share:
I got 3 users to access different folders on my NAS. The first user I setup works fine, but any additional users just get the access to the folders of the first user and access is denied to the actual folders of that user.

Hopefully I was able to describe it intelligibly. Smile

March 9, 2018 - 11:18am
james's picture
Staff
  BDX wrote:

There’s still a problem when using several users on one SMB-share:
I got 3 users to access different folders on my NAS. The first user I setup works fine, but any additional users just get the access to the folders of the first user and access is denied to the actual folders of that user.

Hopefully I was able to describe it intelligibly. Smile

Hmm, I may be misunderstanding you - but it sounds like you are setting up 3 different shares with different logins, that all connect to the same device. Is that right?

March 9, 2018 - 12:47pm
BDX's picture
BDX

Exactly.

I got three folders with movies on one NAS. And I have configured three users on my NAS that each got access to only one folder. Different usernames and passwords btw.

In Infuse I set up three shares - one for each user. The first user I configure works finde. The second and third user then get access to the folder of the 1st user, but not to their dedicated folders.
It doesn’t matter which user I set up first. The first always works, the others won’t.

Before the last update (or the one before?) it worked all fine and it still works fine on our Macs and in VLC on the same iOS device. So it’s definitely an issue of Infuse.

March 9, 2018 - 1:02pm
james's picture
Staff
  BDX wrote:

Exactly.

I got three folders with movies on one NAS. And I have configured three users on my NAS that each got access to only one folder. Different usernames and passwords btw.

In Infuse I set up three shares - one for each user. The first user I configure works finde. The second and third user then get access to the folder of the 1st user, but not to their dedicated folders.
It doesn’t matter which user I set up first. The first always works, the others won’t.

Before the last update (or the one before?) it worked all fine and it still works fine on our Macs and in VLC on the same iOS device. So it’s definitely an issue of Infuse.

Got it.

I don't think this is a scenario we've tested, but we can definitely take a look.

Would you mind sending in a report from your device (after attempting to connect to the second share and it fails) then either post or PM me the code that is displayed?

March 9, 2018 - 1:24pm
BDX's picture
BDX

I don’t mind, but there isn’t any error message or something like that. The second share gets stored, but using it doesn’t provide access to the right folder(s) (“access denied”), but to the folders of the first user/share.

So how exactly should I do that?

March 9, 2018 - 1:26pm
BDX's picture
BDX

Sorry, I was stupid.

Here it is: DJXPF

March 9, 2018 - 4:18pm
samdout's picture

Same problem. Added the Windows shared folder using the computers IP address instead of computer name. Everything seems to working.

March 21, 2018 - 2:38am
BDX's picture
BDX
  james wrote:

Got it.

I don't think this is a scenario we've tested, but we can definitely take a look.

Would you mind sending in a report from your device (after attempting to connect to the second share and it fails) then either post or PM me the code that is displayed?

I just updated to 5.6.10 (2015), deleted all shares and configured them again. My problem is still present. Frown

March 21, 2018 - 8:54am
james's picture
Staff
  BDX wrote:

I just updated to 5.6.10 (2015), deleted all shares and configured them again. My problem is still present. Frown

No change in this area yet, but if you switch the SMB version from Auto to Legacy you should be able get it working with the old implementation for now.

March 21, 2018 - 3:27pm
BDX's picture
BDX
  james wrote:

No change in this area yet, but if you switch the SMB version from Auto to Legacy you should be able get it working with the old implementation for now.

Yay! That works fine. Thank you! Smile

April 30, 2019 - 5:04am
mspnll's picture

SO, JAMES, I’M STILL ANOTHER USER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SMB.........
PLEASE, SOLVE IT QUICK, THE INFUSE 6 PRO IS A TOTAL MESS, EVERYONE’S COMPLAINING ABOUT MANY STUFF....
SEEMS LIKE U USED YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS AS BETA TESTERS, ‘CAUSE INFUSE 6 PRO IS DEFINITELLY NOT READY YET....

April 30, 2019 - 5:05am
mspnll's picture

We bought the same app, with new bugs.

April 30, 2019 - 7:50am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 329
  mspnll wrote:

SO, JAMES, I’M STILL ANOTHER USER HAVING PROBLEMS WITH SMB.........
PLEASE, SOLVE IT QUICK, THE INFUSE 6 PRO IS A TOTAL MESS, EVERYONE’S COMPLAINING ABOUT MANY STUFF....
SEEMS LIKE U USED YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS AS BETA TESTERS, ‘CAUSE INFUSE 6 PRO IS DEFINITELLY NOT READY YET....

Sorry your having problems. It would help if you would provide a bit more detail as to what problem you're having and some info on what your settings for SMB are.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•