axelv73's picture
Kudos: 0
  iFrog wrote:
  1. Set the Apple TV from best to do Dolby digital 5.1, and InFuse to Auto

That's the way I found last evening Wink

May 6, 2018 - 11:58am
serif83's picture

Tell Apple that the problem needs to be resolved by you, give information that will be resolved or not resolved. If not, I'll return the application and sell apple tv.

May 7, 2018 - 11:19am
iFrog's picture
Kudos: 2

Just thought I would mention that beta 4 of TVOS has been released, so anyone running the software, please let us know if there is any change. Still no word yet from either company to a set answer / fix.

May 7, 2018 - 12:45pm
sputnik65's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1
  iFrog wrote:

Just thought I would mention that beta 4 of TVOS has been released, so anyone running the software, please let us know if there is any change. Still no word yet from either company to a set answer / fix.

DTS Passthrough on iOS 11.4 beta 4 its..... STILL AWOL! Firecore should pressure Apple to fix this darn problem. Otherwise there's no sense of buying this app for us who cares about DTS. And no, I wont buy a new receiver that will allow me to do 5.1 PCM. Mine is and old Sony and cannot do 5.1 PCM and its in very good condition.

May 7, 2018 - 12:59pm
iFrog's picture
  sputnik65 wrote:

DTS Passthrough on iOS 11.4 beta 4 its..... STILL AWOL! Firecore should pressure Apple to fix this darn problem. Otherwise there's no sense of buying this app for us who cares about DTS. And no, I wont buy a new receiver that will allow me to do 5.1 PCM. Mine is and old Sony and cannot do 5.1 PCM and its in very good condition.

It's a minor pain here because I have two set ups. 1 is 1080p only so using HDMI passthrough works out nicely because all HDMI devices are 1.4, which gives a direct HDMI connection for PCM 5.1 to work as well as the standard codes DD, DTS, and DD+. Where passthrough was really nice for me, and it's more the fault of the Apple TV as a whole, is on my 4K setup where I have a mix of HDMI 1.4, and 2.0. My TV can passthrough the standard codecs via optical / arc so it will pass standard DD, and DTS, and convert DD+ to standard DD. While I can set the 4k Apple TV 4k to Dolby digital in settings and auto in the inFuse settings, transcoding everything to DD 5.1 doesn't always translate well. So for me, I can only use InFuse the way people are suggesting for now, on one setup only. For Plex, iTunes, Netflix ,etc the Apple TV 4k works fine on the existing setup since they're all dolby based sources already. InFuse works, but is really pointless on the setup until there is a fix one way or the other. Either with apple fixing the bug, or getting a new device that can do more formats over then DD 5.1, or PCM.

May 7, 2018 - 2:52pm
xfreeezer's picture

TVOS 11.4 Beta 4 and Sorry the dirt still does not work! Firecore solves the problem or I want my money back the according to the statement is with them DTS-HD and TrueHD! It does not work! Wrong data are not legal and are entitled to take back !!!!

May 7, 2018 - 3:49pm
remotevisitor's picture
Kudos: 34

If you wish a refund you will have to ask for it from Apple (not Firecore) via the App Store (stating your reason) because for privacy reasons Apple do not pass user purchase details to app developers so Firecore do not have any details of your individual purchase or able to process refunds.

May 7, 2018 - 3:57pm
iFrog's picture
  remotevisitor wrote:

If you wish a refund you will have to ask for it from Apple (not Firecore) via the App Store (stating your reason) because for privacy reasons Apple do not pass user purchase details to app developers so Firecore do not have any details of your individual purchase or able to process refunds.

I was thinking the same thing, but doesn't Apple only give a certain amount of time from purchase that you can ask for a refund before it's too late? I haven't checked recently so not caught up on their policies here.

May 7, 2018 - 11:23pm
xfreeezer's picture

Here the problem is pushed back and forth and nobody feels responsible! If at least Firecore would comment on it !!!

May 8, 2018 - 12:41am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 371
  xfreeezer wrote:

Here the problem is pushed back and forth and nobody feels responsible! If at least Firecore would comment on it !!!

If you'd take the time to read through the last few pages you'd see where James has commented a few times on the situation.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

May 8, 2018 - 7:55am
serif83's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

If you'd take the time to read through the last few pages you'd see where James has commented a few times on the situation.

Not us comments, solution needed ....

May 8, 2018 - 8:02am
Taucheranzug's picture
Kudos: 4

...which Infuse are working on together with Apple because this seems to be a bug, not a feature that was done on purpose. This was also described on the last few pages. If you have a complaint about anything you bought, you have to give the seller the opportunity to find a solution for the issue at hand before you have the right to demand your money back, you know?

May 11, 2018 - 6:52am
serif83's picture
  Taucheranzug wrote:

...which Infuse are working on together with Apple because this seems to be a bug, not a feature that was done on purpose. This was also described on the last few pages. If you have a complaint about anything you bought, you have to give the seller the opportunity to find a solution for the issue at hand before you have the right to demand your money back, you know?

I am writing to the authorities of the firm, you are writing to me with which authority.

May 14, 2018 - 1:54am
Taucheranzug's picture

...you do realize that this is a user support forum, right? No authorities are needed here.

May 14, 2018 - 3:36am
Nmeunier's picture
Beta Tester
  xfreeezer wrote:

Firecore has already answered... but you don't like the answer : It's a TVOS bug... we have to wait for Apple to fix the bug. Firecore can not do that and is not responsible for a bug of Apple. During the previous beta Apple had a bug giving HDR to SDR conversion a very bad look... again... it was solved by Apple.

I have a strong feeling that Apple will repair the passtrue because there is some mention of Dolby Atmos in current betas of TVOS...

I am also very upset, that the AppleTV, like EVRY SINGLE other boxes, has some bugs... but it's not the fault of Firecore.

ATV4k 32 - Panasonic 55EZ950 OLED - Synology 1815+ - Ubuntu Server

May 14, 2018 - 3:39am
Nmeunier's picture
Beta Tester
  serif83 wrote:

Not us comments, solution needed ....

Solution = Apple has to fix there bug... Apple does not give access to the OS... and it's an OS problem. If you ask a tire compagny to fix your car engine... it's going to be difficult.

ATV4k 32 - Panasonic 55EZ950 OLED - Synology 1815+ - Ubuntu Server

May 14, 2018 - 4:18am
iFrog's picture

There is one issue I'm still having related to this issue that I think is on Firecore's end based on testing I've done. Whenever I play a movie / TV show with a standard Dolby digital 5.1 track, and the settings are Best quality for TV OS, and auto for inFuse, the channels get mapped wrong. At first I thought this was only related to DVD Mpeg2 and standard DD 5.1, but Planet Earth had the same issues and it's VC-1 and standard DD 5.1.

I've found a couple ways to fix this:
1. select a DTS track if present (DTS doesn't seem to trigger the bug)
2. set TVOS audio to DD 5,.1, this also corrects the bug.

Lossless Dolby doesn't seem to have this issue, nor does standard DD with h.264.

Plex does not have this issue on the same setup, and the same content streamed through a Blu-ray Disc player doesn't have the issue.
Beyond that little issue, I'm able to use InFuse on that Apple TV with very few problems.

I did want to note that MrMC, which I also own a copy of, also has that problem, so that too, could be a bug with TVOS. I know by default Apple doesn't natively support other video codecs found on disc, so that could also be causing an issue.

With all this said, I'm ok waiting for a fix to the bugs. I'm more bothered by the attitude of people on this forum at this point. I can understand people being upset and frustrated. I think though, we've come to the point where people have started going overboard on that and have lost professionalism.

I've had a couple of good conversations with James on my issues, and I've also good experiences with other forum users regarding different issues I had separate of these here. I'm just making the point that if I hadn't had those experiences, based on some of the comments I've read here, I would have thought twice about doing business with Firecore, based on the image given here in the community.

May 14, 2018 - 8:17am
Magenof's picture
Kudos: 3
  iFrog wrote:

Plex does not have this issue on the same setup

On Apple TV you mean? Probably because it transcodes your content to a usable format AC3.

May 14, 2018 - 8:25am
iFrog's picture
  Magenof wrote:

On Apple TV you mean? Probably because it transcodes your content to a usable format AC3.

You are correct about Plex Transcoding, but it's not the audio. Since the audio is already AC3, that's direct played. Plex transcodes the video into a compatible format which eliminates the audio issue. The Video is transcoded to h.264 if it's not already.

May 14, 2018 - 8:32am
Magenof's picture
Kudos: 3
  iFrog wrote:

You are correct about Plex Transcoding, but it's not the audio. Since the audio is already AC3, that's direct played. Plex transcodes the video into a compatible format which eliminates the audio issue. The Video is transcoded to h.264 if it's not already.

My bad, misread your issue about channel swapping.

May 14, 2018 - 8:41am
iFrog's picture
  Magenof wrote:

My bad, misread your issue about channel swapping.

That's OK, the issue is standard DD AC3 gets the channels swapped when being converted to multi channel PCM with inFuse and the only way to fix that is to set the TV os setting to DD 5.1, or use a DTS track, or lossless audio. This seems to happen when the video track of the file being played is something other then h.264 when standard AC3 is used. This doesn't happen with lossless audio, and I referenced Plex because it transcodes the video making that a non issue.

May 14, 2018 - 10:55am
Iano's picture
  iFrog wrote:

That's OK, the issue is standard DD AC3 gets the channels swapped when being converted to multi channel PCM with inFuse and the only way to fix that is to set the TV os setting to DD 5.1, or use a DTS track, or lossless audio. This seems to happen when the video track of the file being played is something other then h.264 when standard AC3 is used. This doesn't happen with lossless audio, and I referenced Plex because it transcodes the video making that a non issue.

I see the same issue with DD Plus too.

May 14, 2018 - 11:10am
iFrog's picture
  Iano wrote:

I see the same issue with DD Plus too.

I never thought of DD Plus since I've never seen it on any physical media, that I'm aware of. Makes me wonder if this issue is also on Apple's end rather then Firecore. I know Apple doesn't support very many audio and video formats, and it seems to only show up using a combination Apple doesn't support. Transcoding with Plex puts it into a format that apple supports. The only thing I can think about as to why the issue doesn't show up with DTS is because InFuse has native and direct DTS support.

May 14, 2018 - 12:45pm
sputnik65's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1

tvOS 11.4 beta 5 still NO DTS passthrough

May 14, 2018 - 11:13pm
astirling's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37

I wouldn’t hold your breath on a fix coming. DTS isn’t officially supported by the Apple TV and my understanding is that infuse managed to get it to work via some workaround. Although James is confident a fix is coming from Apple, the guys over at MrMC suggest it’s gone for good (their player also has the same issue since Apple released 11.3). My advice would be to approach Apple for a refund of infuse. You could argue that it doesn’t work as intended since dts passthrough was an advertised feature. I’d be surprised if Apple didn’t refund you the cost of your app. You might not be successful getting a refund on your Apple TV however as DTS passthrough was never an advertised feature of the device.

May 15, 2018 - 1:26am
Taucheranzug's picture

I'm slowly starting to believe the same, honestly. Even if the Apple contacts of Infuse claim that it's a bug and are demanding more info, I tend to believe that the passthrough feature is simply gone, be it just because re-inventing the feature is not actually a top-priority for Apple or because there is some weird strategy behind this. Who knows what's going on behind the scenes. If bringing back passthrough was somehow important to Apple, it would have showed up again in one of the recent 11.4 betas, that's what I think.
But one thing's for sure - if passthrough shouldn't be back in the final version of tvOS 11.4, it won't come back at all.

May 15, 2018 - 2:03am
xfreeezer's picture

Apple probably does not want it as it seems! Then let's see if the HIMEDIA Q10 Pro does so without the Infuse. The now dominates DTS-X Atmos HDR HLG and Dolby Vision! That with the Apple policy is the last joke ...

May 15, 2018 - 2:16am
astirling's picture
Beta Tester

I think it’s worth recognising that the Apple TV is primarily desigmed as a means of playing iTunes movies. And it’s hard to argue that it does a decent job of that. Furthermore, for ‘most’ users this is a non issue as they can still get DTS in all its glory by allowing it to be output with absolutely no loss of quality via PCM. If you’re primarily looking for a streaming box there are better options out there at far cheaper prices. The vero 4k does pretty much everything you need it to at half the price for example.

May 15, 2018 - 2:23am
ronald.vapelt's picture
Kudos: 8

No no no! I have a bit older equipment (pricey at that time) and I can't stream PCM and so I chose Infuse to stream the best possible audio for my equipment and that is DTS!! That is/was the main purpose that I acquired (twice) the Infuse software that allowed the DTS sound through the passthrough feature. So please don't speak about what others think they need! I also prefer to use Apple equipment over anything else.

May 15, 2018 - 2:52am
astirling's picture
Beta Tester

Well go rant at Apple then because there’s nothing Infuse can do until Apple update their firmware.