45 posts / 0 new / Last post
  November 8, 2019 - 8:15am
uguu's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0
  james wrote:

We have a number of changes in this area available in the current beta version.

We'd love to get some feedback here, so if you are interested in giving this version a try please let me know.

Yes, I would be interested in trying that.

  November 8, 2019 - 8:43am
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,951
Kudos: 1,186
  devilsown wrote:

I'd love to try it out... Smile

  uguu wrote:

Yes, I would be interested in trying that.

Invites sent.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  November 8, 2019 - 8:45am
Technoholic's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 12
Kudos: 5

And me please! It says I'm a beta tester but I don't have the beta version.

  November 8, 2019 - 9:20am
vdatanet's picture
Offline
Joined: Jul 2019
Posts: 46
Kudos: 7

I'm interested too. Thanks!

  November 8, 2019 - 10:35am
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,951
Kudos: 1,186
  Technoholic wrote:

And me please! It says I'm a beta tester but I don't have the beta version.

  vdatanet wrote:

I'm interested too. Thanks!

Sent!

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  November 8, 2019 - 1:57pm
mweisel's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2019
Posts: 1
Kudos: 0
  james wrote:

FYI, we've found a lead which we believe will help speed things up.

Working to have this available in the upcoming 6.2.2 release.

Did some of these Plex library sync optimizations make their way into the recent 6.2.1 release? Just curious because I'm noticing a massive improvement in sync time on all my (iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV) devices. Very happy.

  November 8, 2019 - 2:01pm
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,951
Kudos: 1,186
  mweisel wrote:

Did some of these Plex library sync optimizations make their way into the recent 6.2.1 release? Just curious because I'm noticing a massive improvement in sync time on all my (iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV) devices. Very happy.

6.2.1 includes some general syncing improvements, which apply to both Plex and non-Plex.

Glad to hear things are working well for you. Smile

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  November 8, 2019 - 2:03pm
Technoholic's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 12
Kudos: 5

Beta is definitely quicker. Marking played on a show in Plex app then immediately switching to Infuse and clicking refresh and it updates quickly.

BUT, my main want would be to not have to click refresh at all just like in plex. Is that possible?

  November 8, 2019 - 2:56pm
matchmee's picture
Offline
Joined: May 2019
Posts: 4
Kudos: 1

I would love to get the beta version. Thank you.

  November 8, 2019 - 4:32pm
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,951
Kudos: 1,186
  Technoholic wrote:

Beta is definitely quicker. Marking played on a show in Plex app then immediately switching to Infuse and clicking refresh and it updates quickly.

BUT, my main want would be to not have to click refresh at all just like in plex. Is that possible?

This should happen automatically when opening the app.

If the app is already open, you might need to tap refresh.

  matchmee wrote:

I would love to get the beta version. Thank you.

Sent!

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  November 11, 2019 - 9:28am
uguu's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0

I finally got home and installed TestFlight on my Apple TV. Then I noticed that the regular Infuse app also had updated to 6.2.2 on November 8th, and it is one digit above the build number shown in the beta. Did this just get published immediate or is there something new in the beta anyway?

  November 11, 2019 - 9:39am
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,951
Kudos: 1,186
  uguu wrote:

I finally got home and installed TestFlight on my Apple TV. Then I noticed that the regular Infuse app also had updated to 6.2.2 on November 8th, and it is one digit above the build number shown in the beta. Did this just get published immediate or is there something new in the beta anyway?

Sorry for the confusion.

The 6.2.2 (2815) version on the App Store includes a single change to address a crash that could happen in 6.2.1.

The changes for Plex are included in the beta version of 6.2.2 (2814) will be rolled into 6.2.3 for the App Store release.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  November 11, 2019 - 9:59am
uguu's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0
  james wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.

The 6.2.2 (2815) version on the App Store includes a single change to address a crash that could happen in 6.2.1.

The changes for Plex are included in the beta version of 6.2.2 (2814) will be rolled into 6.2.3 for the App Store release.

I see, I'll install that version again to test then.

However just like mweisel noticed in post #37 this version and its general improvements had also massively sped up finding new episodes to the point that I was thinking I had whatever the fix is already.

  November 11, 2019 - 11:22am
uguu's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2019
Posts: 5
Kudos: 0
  uguu wrote:

I see, I'll install that version again to test then.

Seems to be the same so far.

Installing the beta made the subscription version of Infuse think I was eligible for the discounted lifetime license so I jumped on that though Smile