67 posts / 0 new / Last post
  January 31, 2020 - 3:45pm
Technoholic's picture
Kudos: 6
  themcbrooms wrote:

I have stopped using Infuse as a result of this not being addressed. I have also steered others away from Infuse because of this. They should pull Plex support if it is not going to work as expected.

Absolutely, I’ve pushed many plex users away from this as it’s just not being taken seriously or even understood why it’s a problem. Plex is so good now that although the infuse player appears to be slightly better, the lack of support for this means the system is not wife friendly, whereas plex “just works” instantly, updated the moment you enter the app.

I don’t get why this isn’t addressed here but at least Plex is now great and customisable.

January 31, 2020 - 3:56pm
matchmee's picture
Kudos: 1

I’m on the same boat as you guys. It’s pretty frustrating that this hasn’t been figured out. I used to rave about infuse but now like you guys I tell people to just use Plex.

January 31, 2020 - 4:48pm
devilsown's picture
Kudos: 0

Yeah, same here. I used to prefer infuse just because of the player being superior regarding direct play etc. - but now with the new plex player in the native app, there's no need for me to use it anymore, especially with this annoying library update problem...

February 1, 2020 - 11:12am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,265

We recently became aware of a (new?) scenario which could cause Infuse to be slow to update with some Plex libraries. This is most prevalent with Plex libraries which contain a large number of TV episodes. In essence, Plex may update these series at various times and re-assign new thumbnail image filenames (even though the images themselves may be unchanged). We've found this can cause a delay in Infuse, as it may need to scan through thousands of 'new' images.

We're looking into a better way to handle this, which may help those experiencing trouble here.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

February 14, 2020 - 10:43pm
lentash's picture
Kudos: 2

Hi James, any update to this? I’m having the same issue as the others and it’s getting old fast.
Thanks

February 16, 2020 - 9:51am
asr101's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 0

Hi James: I have a large amount of TV shows and have the very slow to update issue. If you need me to submit any logs to help out let me know. I hope you can roll out a fix soon.