250 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  May 24, 2018 - 7:16pm
Phil_C's picture
Kudos: 5

I just finished watching a TV show episode and went back to the home screen. All Favorites, Up-Next, in-progress markers, etc. were suddenly lost. Why?

This is on ATV 4 connected to Synology NAS via NFS. No previous problems.

This is a real headache, since I've now lost my place in many TV series and other programs.

Is there a way to get any of this back? I have iCloud Sync turned on, but I don't see what good that does.

--- Mod edit ---

What happened and why?
https://firecore.com/comment/86838#comment-86838

What to do if you are affected
The recommended steps to get back up and running are below.

1. Remove Infuse
  2. Clear iCloud data as described here https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...
  3. Re-download Infuse from the App Store and set up shares from scratch

More info on re-adding shares can be found here https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles..., and adding favorites and lists can be found here. https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...

Alternatively, you can simply disable the iCloud Sync option found in Infuse > Settings and re-add your shares, favorites, and lists manually.

Update (5/25)
Things appear to be getting back to normal
https://firecore.com/comment/86911#comment-86911

Update (5/26)
We received confirmation from Apple that they are investigating what happened here. More updates to come.

Update (5/29)
We are working towards a 2-part plan to help prevent issues like this from occurring in the future. The first part is a short term solution that will simply display a popup prompt if Infuse notices a lot of data from iCloud has been removed. This will provide an opportunity to sync these changes, or disable iCloud sync to ensure the data on your device is unaffected. Phase 2 is a little more involved, and will allow Infuse to effectively sign all changes made in iCloud. Once this is implemented, only changes that have been signed by Infuse will be synced to other devices, and any change (including removed and/or missing data) that is not signed would simply be ignored.

Also, we received confirmation from Apple today that the issue has been escalated to their engineering team.

Thank you very much for responding to my previous email and providing additional information.

I know how concerning it is to have users reporting that their iCloud data has either been removed, corrupted or made temporary unavailable. 

Thank you for informing us of this issue. 

I have forwarded this to our engineering team to investigate further.

We'll follow up with you when we have an update or more information to provide. Thanks for your patience and understanding while our expert engineers investigate this issue.

Update (5/31)
We're getting some reports that the original data is starting to appear back on some affected devices which seems to indicate the issue was only temporary. We're continuing to monitor the situation, and plan to have the first round of safeguards available in Infuse 5.7.3 which we hope to submit to Apple next week.

Update (6/4)
We received confirmation from Apple today that the issue has been resolved. Grin

This is Nia, Senior Advisor with Apple Developer Program Support. I am following up with you to advise you that the Cloud Kit issue has been resolved by my internal teams.

It appears to have been an inttermittant issue. Please respond directly to this email if the issue re-occurs or is still happening to your users. 

Thanks so much for your patience during this process.

Update (6/6)
Infuse 5.7.3 has been released, and includes a new popup confirmation that will appear if Infuse notices your iCloud data is deleted or missing. This dialog will provide you with the option of syncing these deletions to your device, or keeping the data on your device. Should you choose to keep the data on your device, that data will then be saved back to iCloud.

May 24, 2018 - 7:23pm
firecorehart's picture
Kudos: 0

Firecore, this just happened to me too. Network shares lost. Restarted infuse, and it acted like this was the very time it had ever been run, except all of my settings were intact. Please help.

May 24, 2018 - 7:38pm
tfraley's picture

Same here,

They must of done something.
Also I noticed their are no options for cloud share no longer.

ie can not add my dropbox folder back.

However, things seem to be working fine on my iPhone but not my AppleTv4

May 24, 2018 - 7:44pm
merak75's picture

This happened to me this evening. Lost all my metadata and shares. It opened up as if it is the first time I ever used the program. This sucks!

May 24, 2018 - 7:45pm
jedgarau's picture
Kudos: 7

Same with me, everything gone on 2 x AppleTV & iPad. Basically it now looks like it has been freshly installed. This is actually a big issue, help!

May 24, 2018 - 7:54pm
arpena's picture
Kudos: 1

Same here!

May 24, 2018 - 8:05pm
msanchez1536's picture

Just ran into the same issue Frown

May 24, 2018 - 8:08pm
bbateman's picture

Yup - happened to me too. Lost my connection to my shares (even though the network didn't drop etc) - for some reason the connection the plex stayed this whole time. Even after I added back in the shares - still don't have any of the other stuff on my home screen.

WTH?

May 24, 2018 - 8:10pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 416

Add me to the list. ATV 4K

Don't forget to send in the diagnostics from the Infuse app right after it happens.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

May 24, 2018 - 8:51pm
NC Bullseye's picture

Now I'm curious as to if there was a glitch with icloud that told everyone they didn't have any share and if that happened then the metadata would disappear since there were no shares with files to have any metadata.

May 24, 2018 - 8:51pm
NSBrad's picture
Beta Tester

Just happened to me too. I posted a bug report and diagnostics in beta.

May 24, 2018 - 8:58pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 130

Me too: QCWH4

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

May 24, 2018 - 9:03pm
NC Bullseye's picture

I wanted to add a question here for those that have lost shares. On the devices that lost shares, was iCloud Sync on or off?

My ATV 4K that lost the shares had the iCloud Sync on. I have other ATVs that have it turned off and so far haven't lost shares.

May 24, 2018 - 9:06pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
  NC Bullseye wrote:

I wanted to add a question here for those that have lost shares. On the devices that lost shares, was iCloud Sync on or off?

My ATV 4K that lost the shares had the iCloud Sync on. I have other ATVs that have it turned off and so far haven't lost shares.

It was on for me

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

May 24, 2018 - 9:08pm
jeayese's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

lost months of metadata as well, icloud sync was on.

May 24, 2018 - 9:14pm
Phil_C's picture
Kudos: 5

iCloud Sync was on, but I have no other devices where it is on. I thought everything was backed up to iCloud, but I guess not. Seems to me now that this function is only to sync with other devices.

I just turned iCloud Sync OFF. Someone in another thread said he never had a problem like this until he turned it on.

Phil

May 24, 2018 - 9:19pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
  jeayese wrote:

lost months of metadata as well, icloud sync was on.

Not sure I understand this. What metadata are you talking about? Once you redo a share it will start grabbing new metadata. Unless you are referring to manually adjusting the metadata. In that case, you can adjust the filenames so that they get picked up correctly in the first place. Yes takes more work, but safer in case something else happens.

May 24, 2018 - 9:21pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
  Phil_C wrote:

iCloud Sync was on, but I have no other devices where it is on. I thought everything was backed up to iCloud, but I guess not. Seems to me now that this function is only to sync with other devices.

I just turned iCloud Sync OFF. Someone in another thread said he never had a problem like this until he turned it on.

I think this is just a random server issue happening. Maybe iCloud, maybe infuse, or both? Have had iCloud Sync on with no problems for years.

May 24, 2018 - 9:30pm
jedgarau's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

My iCloud sync was on (2x 4K TV & iPad Pro) all gone. Hopefully it is recoverable, if not my priority would be to concentrate efforts on having a local backup feature. I am still optomistic though this can be resolved!

P.S - what is the best plan of attack at the moment to try and preserve the previous data. I am not very technical at all but am wondering if the app remains open, it may overwrite everything stored in iCloud for Infuse?? Should we turn off iCloud sync or just quit the application and leave it alone until Infuse reply?

May 24, 2018 - 9:55pm
jeayese's picture
Beta Tester
  munpip214 wrote:

Not sure I understand this. What metadata are you talking about? Once you redo a share it will start grabbing new metadata. Unless you are referring to manually adjusting the metadata. In that case, you can adjust the filenames so that they get picked up correctly in the first place. Yes takes more work, but safer in case something else happens.

Living in Australia and having ADSL speeds to search through 80+ TB of Media only to have it vanish after all the time it took to complete.

May 25, 2018 - 12:10am
Gramophone's picture
Kudos: 10

Same here. I also checked the memory. Infuse uses less than 60mb. All in all I use less than 1gb.
Update: My second ATV did it as well, now.

May 25, 2018 - 12:59am
keza00's picture

Same here and my internet is bloody slow so this is going to take ages to sort out.
Is this to do with the limited memory on the apple tv?

May 25, 2018 - 1:34am
kyi561's picture

Same with me. Lost favourites, watch history everything. The missingness also propagated to my iPad/iPhone. Issue definitely with cloud syncing. Not happy!

May 25, 2018 - 1:38am
emenches's picture

Also happened to me on an ATV4K.

May 25, 2018 - 1:42am
r1mick's picture

Same.. 20TB of local metadata gone.

Seriously this is not on

May 25, 2018 - 1:46am
Gramophone's picture
Kudos: 10

Hi all, do you think that can be avoided by switching iCloud syncing off?

May 25, 2018 - 2:12am
jedgarau's picture
  Gramophone wrote:

Hi all, do you think that can be avoided by switching iCloud syncing off?

Yeah, I get the impression, that switching iCloud sync off would be a good idea.

Infuse staff are going to wake up to a bit of fun this morning...

May 25, 2018 - 2:19am
fatcat's picture

New user here, migrated from Plex recently. Like many others my shares and metadata disappeared this morning. Would disabling icloud sync fix this issue? I have also noticed that disk usage on aTV4 hasn't changed. Previously fetched metadata is obviously still there but no longer recognised. Re-adding shares is now fetching metadata again and using additional space. News, views, clues?

May 25, 2018 - 2:33am
coops's picture
Kudos: 13

Yup, wife finshed watchng an episode...

went to exit/ move back and Infuse decied to no longer know of any library or shares at all.
Arse.

Currently metadata and etc etc is all re scanning... hopefully as i've got Trakt setup ( originally to keep Plex in sync) watched status should, i hope be ok once scan is done.

And yes, the other Infuse settngs were as before.

Maybe i'll disable cloud sync as i don't actually use Infuse on my ipad etc... but i hoped/thought it would keep the settings includng th fricking library setup backed up to icloud.... but apparently not.

UPDATE:- did you all lose your watched status for epsodes? If so... may be best to get a free account with Trakt. My Infuse has finiahed rescanning and watched status is all ok - i use Trakt, as it enabled Plex to be updated also (not using Plex anymore)... but it's a useful independent show watched stauts backup which is widely supported, Infuse, Plex, and probably Emby and Kodi etc .

May 25, 2018 - 2:34am
danneboy's picture

This just happened for me as well. And it does not connect or find any network shares any longer.

What have the developers done? This is madness!!

Dan Kvarnström
Sweden

May 25, 2018 - 2:44am
ceekay's picture

Add me to the list, all shares, metadata, everything is gone.

Extremely unimpressed.