798 posts / 0 new / Last post
  April 1, 2019 - 7:24am
archer75's picture
Kudos: 4
  migzy_1 wrote:

it passthrough of dolby atmos ever likely to happen, this request has been going over for near a year and no letup from apple

It will never happen. A petition was started back when the ATV4k first came out and that went nowhere. This here is actually the 2nd petition that i'm aware of.

April 1, 2019 - 9:33am
lioraclev's picture
Kudos: 0

How can I install kodi without developer payment?

April 1, 2019 - 9:38am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 328
  lioraclev wrote:

How can I install kodi without developer payment?

Installing another developers software is a bit of a derail for this thread. You may want to try the kodi website. This thread is targeted to get people to contact apple with requests to add the Atmos option for outside developers.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

April 1, 2019 - 9:56am
Cristian's picture
  archer75 wrote:

It will never happen. A petition was started back when the ATV4k first came out and that went nowhere. This here is actually the 2nd petition.

In my opinion if this happens, Infuse will loose a lot of their subscribers, no need to pay only for a half job: great image but poor sound. In my case, i will resubscribe only when i get atmos on Infuse ATV. Till then, Shield is doing great handling 4k atmos files, and no matter what everybody else says, atmos does make a difference !

April 1, 2019 - 10:06am
archer75's picture
  Cristian wrote:

In my opinion if this happens, Infuse will loose a lot of their subscribers, no need to pay only for a half job: great image but poor sound. In my case, i will resubscribe only when i get atmos on Infuse ATV. Till then, Shield is doing great handling 4k atmos files, and no matter what everybody else says, atmos does make a difference !

1080p and TrueHD/DTS-HD infuse handles wonderfully. So there is a reason to keep it. And most atmos titles really don't use atmos to it's advantage so it doesn't sound any different than anything else. Most, not all. Some good examples were mentioned earlier. And on those letting your stereo upmix the heights ends up sounding better than the real thing. I do have a very large home theater. In fact we bought this house because it had a great room for a home theater. I actually have 2 home theaters in the house now, a second smaller setup upstairs. So if there's a noticeable difference I assure you I would hear it. Most of it is all placebo.
And don't forget DTS:X which, IMO, is superior to atmos.

April 1, 2019 - 10:21am
migzy_1's picture

i only subscribed to infuse in the hope that atmos passthrough would be bought in version 6. think i'll cancel if nothing changes in the near future

April 1, 2019 - 10:25am
NC Bullseye's picture
  migzy_1 wrote:

i only subscribe to infuse in the hope that atmos passthrough would be bought in version 6. think i'll cancel if nothing changes in the near future

Just curious, what response did you receive from Apple to your requests? I haven't heard any responses lately.

April 1, 2019 - 10:36am
mabo's picture
  migzy_1 wrote:

i only subscribe to infuse in the hope that atmos passthrough would be bought in version 6. think i'll cancel if nothing changes in the near future

Same here, dissapointed, I have a monthly subscription, but still not playing (even not recognising) DTS wav files in the new version, while other players don't have any issues with my DTS files (like MrMC / VLC).
I have a lot of DTS (music) albums so this is a major must for me!
I'm not gonna stick to Infuse and wait/hope that Atmos and, for me very important DTS wav files, somewhere in the future will play... Okay the interface of Infuse is great, but I don't care that much. I need a player which plays it all and MrMC does! sorry...(and it's only € 8,99).

April 1, 2019 - 10:53am
mabo's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Just curious, what response did you receive from Apple to your requests? I haven't heard any responses lately.

haha, I also filed a request (actually 2 under different accounts to make sure).....believing Apple will respond to these requests is the same as believing Santa exists.....

April 1, 2019 - 11:49am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,060

The idea here is to let Apple know there are a lot of people who would appreciate having passthrough available on the Apple TV.

This doesn't necessarily mean they will provide a meaningful response to those who submit requests (chances are they probably won't), but each request is reviewed and marked as a duplicate if a similar request already exists in their system.

We can't say if or when Apple will add the changes we're asking for, but a feature which is requested by 10,000 or 100,000 people is likely to get more attention than something only 50 people have asked for.

The more the better. Smile

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

April 1, 2019 - 3:08pm
astirling's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37
  migzy_1 wrote:

i only subscribed to infuse in the hope that atmos passthrough would be bought in version 6. think i'll cancel if nothing changes in the near future

Not sure why you thought infuse 6 would introduce atmos. Atmos won’t be available in infuse 26 unless Apple gives developers the tools to implement it.

April 5, 2019 - 9:36am
Sebastian Manteuffel's picture
Translator
Kudos: 43
  astirling wrote:

Not sure why you thought infuse 6 would introduce atmos. Atmos won’t be available in infuse 26 unless Apple gives developers the tools to implement it.

Exactly

April 5, 2019 - 10:23am
migzy_1's picture

went and bought myself a nvdia shield, job done it’s perfect sod apple

April 11, 2019 - 10:02am
Azurisk's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1
  migzy_1 wrote:

went and bought myself a nvdia shield, job done it’s perfect sod apple

Except it still does not do automatic colorspace switching. Which, with current uhd content, is terrible.

ISF Level II Certified
LG C8 / BenQ W1070 / 120" Elitescreens SakerTab Cinegray 5D / Marantz SR7012 Cinemike / 5.1.4 Focal+Arendal Speakers / Antimode Cinema SII / Ps4 / Switch / AppleTV 4K / Oppo 203

April 11, 2019 - 10:08am
xinseo's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5
  Azurisk wrote:

Except it still does not do automatic colorspace switching. Which, with current uhd content, is terrible.

Uhm, it actually has been able to do that for a while now.

April 11, 2019 - 10:14am
NC Bullseye's picture

Let's try and keep this thread on track for getting more people to contact Apple requesting Dolby ATMOS. Platform debates belong elsewhere.

April 15, 2019 - 6:44am
Thrawn's picture

Not sure if this is the post to ask my question Smile

But here goes:

I have just recently gotten an ATMOS capable receiver and I have been playing around with Dolby test files.

I have an old Popcorn hour a400 and an old Denon Blu ray player. Both of setup with pass though. None of them gets to the receiver to say its playing Atmos. The only way I have for some time been able to active it is via Netflix's UHD subscription.

Im using infuse on Apple Tv 4k for its ease of use and its ability to handle everything i throw at it. But I also knew from this post that it does not support Atmos. And neither is Plex supposed to.

Today I read somewhere else that Plex CAN play atmos...at least if its put in a DD+ stream like Netflix does.

And low and behold I found a file called
"Nature's Fury (Dolby Digital Plus ATMOS)" That i can play on Plex on Apple tv which triggers atmos on my receiver.

So it a long winded text just to ask this:

Can infuse 6 do something the like with DD+? I cant get the file to trigger atmos with infuse.

Thank you in advance for your help, and sorry for my weird English, its my second language.

/Thrawn

April 20, 2019 - 3:08pm
DocRunner's picture

For those who thought, Shield is better with Atmos.. i can tell them, that it's dead with streaming channel like Netflix.

Nvidia shield + and netflix => no atmos

April 20, 2019 - 3:47pm
migzy_1's picture

Get Atmos on my shield with Netflix no problem

April 20, 2019 - 4:34pm
archer75's picture
  migzy_1 wrote:

Get Atmos on my shield with Netflix no problem

No you don’t. Netflix doesn’t support atmos on the shield.

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/64066

April 20, 2019 - 4:37pm
xinseo's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5
  DocRunner wrote:

For those who thought, Shield is better with Atmos.. i can tell them, that it's dead with streaming channel like Netflix.

Nvidia shield + and netflix => no atmos

That's true but a simple workaround for the few content on Netflix that supports Atmos is to use the Netflix add-on for Kodi.

April 20, 2019 - 4:39pm
DocRunner's picture

Finally i think the better thing i have to do is to buy a shield !!
For streaming channel like Netflix => ATV4K
For movies with NAS, the shield nvidia

April 20, 2019 - 5:00pm
archer75's picture
  DocRunner wrote:

For movies with NAS, the shield nvidia

4k movies only. The shields upconversion for 1080 is horrible.

April 24, 2019 - 7:50am
blenky's picture
  archer75 wrote:

4k movies only. The shields upconversion for 1080 is horrible.

True, but you can set the Shield to send 1080p and let your TV upscale.

April 24, 2019 - 8:32am
archer75's picture
  blenky wrote:

Yes, but then you'd constantly have to tweak the settings depending on what you want to watch which is a hassle. Picture quality on the ATV4k is great all the time.

April 24, 2019 - 9:30am
NC Bullseye's picture
  blenky wrote:

https://firecore.com/comment/97848#comment-97848

April 24, 2019 - 9:33am
blenky's picture
  archer75 wrote:

Yes, but then you'd constantly have to tweak the settings depending on what you want to watch which is a hassle. Picture quality on the ATV4k is great all the time.

Need to keep this on track but can't let that go by. Using Kodi/MrMc on the shield you can set it to match resolution and frame rate so you don't.

Anyway I have the ATV and think its pretty great. Bitstream would be the icing on the cake. But do Apple listen?

April 24, 2019 - 9:43am
DocRunner's picture

Finally.. i keep my ATV4K

I won't have Atmos when playing movies with Nas.
In order not to have sound issues , i have to select option Dolby Digital 5.1 ATV4K settings, and it works great with infuse and plex server on NAS
And i have atmos with streaming channels...

May 1, 2019 - 4:12am
zigourney's picture
Kudos: 3

Been following this thread for over a year now in the hopes of Atmos pass through coming to the APTV4K....I really love the GUI of infuse, but gave up waiting back in X-Mas last year. Passthrough is not coming to the APTV4K, therefore Atmos/DTS-X will not be coming to Infuse. Its not Infuse's fault, its Apples.

Anyway, anyone looking for 4K playback, with HDR support, frame perfect, no stutter with auto framerate and resolution switching, auto colour space switching and full HD audio bit stream (Atmos, DTS-X) should consider a Zidoo media player. I've bought 3 different models last Christmas, the Zidoo X9S, Z9S and the Z10 and they are brilliant.

Cancelling my infuse subscription, shame really because I really love the infuse GUI, but the Zidoo players offer better picture quality and Atmos/DTS-X.

May 1, 2019 - 9:54am
archer75's picture
  zigourney wrote:

Been following this thread for over a year now in the hopes of Atmos pass through coming to the APTV4K....I really love the GUI of infuse, but gave up waiting back in X-Mas last year. Passthrough is not coming to the APTV4K, therefore Atmos/DTS-X will not be coming to Infuse. Its not Infuse's fault, its Apples.

Anyway, anyone looking for 4K playback, with HDR support, frame perfect, no stutter with auto framerate and resolution switching, auto colour space switching and full HD audio bit stream (Atmos, DTS-X) should consider a Zidoo media player. I've bought 3 different models last Christmas, the Zidoo X9S, Z9S and the Z10 and they are brilliant.

Cancelling my infuse subscription, shame really because I really love the infuse GUI, but the Zidoo players offer better picture quality and Atmos/DTS-X.

Does the zidoo support dolby vision for local content? Does it support Dolby Vision and Atmos in the streaming services such as netflix, vudu, etc.? I'm looking it up but it appears not.
Is there a list of all the streaming channels on the box? Seems like you're giving up a lot just to get atmos for some local movies.