901 posts / 0 new / Last post
  May 1, 2019 - 10:18am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383
  archer75 wrote:

Does the zidoo support dolby vision for local content? Does it support Dolby Vision and Atmos in the streaming services such as netflix, vudu, etc.? I'm looking it up but it appears not.
Is there a list of all the streaming channels on the box?

https://firecore.com/comment/97848#comment-97848

Maybe here? https://firecore.com/forum/104

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

May 1, 2019 - 10:51am
migzy_1's picture
Kudos: 0

I think this is getting besides the point here, we would all like passthrough on the apple 4k I had one, got rid of it shield does everything I need. I download pretty much everything. If it ever come to the Apple TV again then I would 100% consider it

May 1, 2019 - 11:44am
lioraclev's picture
Kudos: 1

I really don't know what the issue.
U see pcm in acr, but after all the sound is atmos.

May 1, 2019 - 11:58am
archer75's picture
Kudos: 4
  lioraclev wrote:

I really don't know what the issue.
U see pcm in acr, but after all the sound is atmos.

If you see PCM, no, it's not atmos. You do get atmos from several streaming services. Just not local content.

May 1, 2019 - 12:44pm
migzy_1's picture

Unless your about receiver says it’s Atmos then it ain’t Amos simples

May 1, 2019 - 1:43pm
mabo's picture
  DocRunner wrote:

Finally i think the better thing i have to do is to buy a shield !!
For streaming channel like Netflix => ATV4K
For movies with NAS, the shield nvidia

same here:
I have the ATV4K for some time now and recentlybought the Shield to have best of both worlds....

May 1, 2019 - 11:22pm
lioraclev's picture
  May 4, 2019 - 3:44am
RynuX's picture

To all those who reply about getting a Shield or whatnot for Atmos because every other format are « poor quality »... I must be hallucinating. Have you ever heard a DTS HDMA soundtrack ? It is way better than the DD+ lossy Atmos track you get on Netflix (enjoy your 768kbps) !

This topic is to get attention to pass through feature, in order to get lossless Atmos and DTS X. Please stop complaint about Infuse and threaten to leave the app but choose your side (support Infuse or leave, but ACT thank you).

May 11, 2019 - 10:24am
Andrewtst's picture
Kudos: 2

I know lossless track (Dolby TrueHD) with Atmos is not possible yet.

But lossy track (Dolby Digital Plus) with Atmos is possible as MrMC support it, I had try it and it is support as my system show Dolby Atmos detect for lossy Dolby Atmos Track.

Hope infuse can at least support this for future update as I still much prefer Infuse, MrMC sorting is problematic and also the apps is not very smooth.

May 11, 2019 - 10:36am
lioraclev's picture
  Andrewtst wrote:

But lossy track (Dolby Digital Plus) with Atmos is possible as MrMC support it, I had try it and it is support as my system show Dolby Atmos detect for lossy Dolby Atmos Track.

Hope infuse can at least support this for future update as I still much prefer Infuse, MrMC sorting is problematic and also the apps is not very smooth.

can u plz say whats setting u setup in mrmc?
thanks

May 11, 2019 - 10:48am
Andrewtst's picture
  lioraclev wrote:

thanks

Hi, no special setup is required. The default setting is work for it on lossy Dolby Atmos track in MKV format file.

Information - https://mrmc.tv/mrmc-and-mrmc-lite-3-8-1/

Edit: I just remember I had change one thing, make sure your "Number of channel is change from default to more channel others than 2.0".

May 11, 2019 - 10:53am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383
  Andrewtst wrote:

lioraclev wrote:

thanks

Andrewtst wrote:

Hi, no special setup is required. The default setting is work for it on lossy Dolby Atmos track.

Information - https://mrmc.tv/mrmc-and-mrmc-lite-3-8-1/

Instead of derailing this thread and causing notifications to be sent to thread followers who are looking for updates on Apple changes that would allow Atmos to be implemented in Infuse could you please start a thread in the general/lounge area to discuss other software products? This is a Firecore / Infuse forum.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

May 11, 2019 - 10:56am
Andrewtst's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Instead of derailing this thread and causing notifications to be sent to thread followers who are looking for updates on Apple changes that would allow Atmos could you please start a thread in the general/lounge area to discuss other software products? This is a Firecore / Infuse forum.

I post this is just to inform the maker about this possibility, it is unnecessary to open new thread in my opinion.

I am Infuse 6 Pro user and I love Infuse, I just highlight they is possibility to enable Dolby Atmos in Lossy Track because others apps already possible make it. Thank you.

May 13, 2019 - 10:57am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,204
  Andrewtst wrote:

This has been on our list to look into, and will likely make it into a future update of Infuse. However, the E-AC3 + Atmos format is mainly used for streaming services, and there is relatively little content available outside of these services (at least for right now).

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

May 13, 2019 - 11:10am
Andrewtst's picture
  james wrote:

This has been on our list to look into, and will likely make it into a future update of Infuse. However, the E-AC3 + Atmos format is mainly used for streaming services, and there is relatively little content available outside of these services (at least for right now).

Appreciate much for the feedback and great to know this may be added in future. Smile

Yup agree not much such title in E-AC3 and I only got 3 titles of it for the moment.

May 13, 2019 - 12:48pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 52
  james wrote:

I have seen numerous iTunes 4K HDR rips that feature eac3 atmos. In addition 4K Netflix rips can sometimes also feature the audio format.

May 16, 2019 - 7:13am
guillaumeinfuse30119's picture
Beta Tester
  james wrote:

You already license some stuff from Dolby for the Pro version, can the Dolby Encoder be licensed ? And can it even be integrated to an iOS app or is it just not something Dolby ever considered useful ?

June 3, 2019 - 5:09pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 52

Here's hoping something is in tvOS 13

June 3, 2019 - 5:30pm
blenky's picture
  JarvisMeier wrote:

Here's hoping something is in tvOS 13

Would be nice but I don't think Apple care about users with stuff outside their walled garden. They offer Dolby Vision, 4K and their flavour of Atmos. That ticks all the boxes as far as they are concerned.

Any public beta will be available later this month so lets see.

July 3, 2019 - 6:25am
averyl.0468's picture

Anyone with the public beta see if anything has changed?

July 21, 2019 - 12:05pm
EssamB's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 19

Plex using the NATIVE player ( not the enhanced mpv based player) under tvOS 13 beta 4, DIRECT play Atmos sample files with EAC3 audio tracks an the receiver indicates it too, I.e. it’s receiving an atmos stream.
It also Direct Streams 4K, HEVC, HDR mkv media files.
So, it seams that the new native player in tvOS 13 has received a major upgrade!

July 21, 2019 - 12:40pm
xinseo's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5
  EssamB wrote:

Plex using the NATIVE player ( not the enhanced mpv based player) under tvOS 13 beta 4, DIRECT play Atmos sample files with EAC3 audio tracks an the receiver indicates it too, I.e. it’s receiving an atmos stream.
So, it seams that the new native player in tvOS 13 has received a major upgrade!

What about TrueHD Atmos?

July 21, 2019 - 2:23pm
EssamB's picture
Beta Tester
  xinseo wrote:

What about TrueHD Atmos?

The receiver displays it as DTS Neural:X

July 21, 2019 - 2:33pm
xinseo's picture
Beta Tester
  EssamB wrote:

The receiver displays it as DTS Neural:X

That is weird.

July 21, 2019 - 6:27pm
JamesUK's picture
  EssamB wrote:

Really?? it plays mkv. Are you certain of this? It would be great if true, but I have a hard time believing it!

July 22, 2019 - 11:40am
EssamB's picture
Beta Tester
  JamesUK wrote:

Really?? it plays mkv. Are you certain of this? It would be great if true, but I have a hard time believing it!

So, do you want me to swear? 😄
Probably, it changes the mkv container while streaming, that’s why it is Direct STREAMING and not Direct PLAYING.

July 22, 2019 - 11:46am
JamesUK's picture
  EssamB wrote:

So, do you want me to swear? 😄
Probably, it changes the mkv container while streaming, that’s why it is Direct STREAMING and not Direct PLAYING.

Ahh ok. I understand. That's a shame though. I have been hoping for mkv support for a long time. Hasn't the native player always direct streamed via plex? If so then it's really nothing new as far as I can see.

July 22, 2019 - 4:42pm
EssamB's picture
Beta Tester
  JamesUK wrote:

Ahh ok. I understand. That's a shame though. I have been hoping for mkv support for a long time. Hasn't the native player always direct streamed via plex? If so then it's really nothing new as far as I can see.

You could easily find out if you try to playback a 4K, HEVC, HDR, Atmos, mkv with Plex using the native player (with the enhanced player switched off) under tvOS 12 or earlier and see whether it can convert the container on-the-fly and direct stream.

July 22, 2019 - 6:05pm
JamesUK's picture
  EssamB wrote:

You could easily find out if you try to playback a 4K, HEVC, HDR, Atmos, mkv with Plex using the native player (with the enhanced player switched off) under tvOS 12 or earlier and see whether it can convert the container on-the-fly and direct stream.

4k hevc with HDR has seemed to work ok for me with direct streaming. Haven't tried atmos.

July 23, 2019 - 5:26am
xinseo's picture
Beta Tester

What does all this mean for TrueHD Atmos?