901 posts / 0 new / Last post
  June 28, 2018 - 6:32am
claire78's picture
Kudos: 3
  redbaronf2001 wrote:

TVOS 12 Public Beta here - with Atmos enabled, I cannot play any files with Infuse. If I turn Atmos off, it works.

Yep, same here. No matter Automatic or Passthrough selected in Infuse. I have never seen Atmos logo on my Denon receiver with AT4K.

June 28, 2018 - 8:25am
andreas.nilsson's picture
Kudos: 0

Same here also, using 2 Apple TV.
One with dev beta 2 and the other with public beta. Infuse doesn’t work with Atmos and the video showing Atmos to work is just at clickbate dude that is talking bullshit.
I have Pioneer SC-LX89 with Atmos and can’t get Apple TV to bitstream it.
My Dune 4K works perfect 👌

June 28, 2018 - 9:15am
VelimirSaban's picture
Kudos: 4

Just tried it and DENON receiver show Atmos but I can only hear subwoofer channel. Atv: Auto, Atmos, Infuse: Passtrough.

June 29, 2018 - 4:06am
claire78's picture
  VelimirSaban wrote:

Just tried it and DENON receiver show Atmos but I can only hear subwoofer channel. Atv: Auto, Atmos, Infuse: Passtrough.

I have Denon AVR as well, but with this settings Infus doesn't play movies neither. So weird..

June 29, 2018 - 4:14am
VelimirSaban's picture
  claire78 wrote:

I have Denon AVR as well, but with this settings Infus doesn't play movies neither. So weird..

A bit "offtopic" but now that I know you are on DENON too: Are you experiencing any audio out-of-sync problems with ATV and Denon, especially with Dolby Vision/HDR content?

June 29, 2018 - 4:20am
patrick.corrado's picture
  VelimirSaban wrote:

A bit "offtopic" but now that I know you are on DENON too: Are you experiencing any audio out-of-sync problems with ATV and Denon, especially with Dolby Vision/HDR content?

Denon here. And yes. Especially Dolly Vision.

June 29, 2018 - 4:36am
VelimirSaban's picture
  patrick.corrado wrote:

Do you use a Belkin cable maybe? Confused

June 29, 2018 - 4:53am
  VelimirSaban wrote:

Do you use a Belkin cable maybe? Confused

I use BlueJeans Cable and have tried Amazon and Monprice. It’s obky an issue with frame matching on. Many people on the AVS forums report the same problem.

Toggling AutoLipSync corrects it for me slightly bur I have to do that every time I watch some thing. (I note it doesn’t matter if you toggle it on or off just need to toggle)

June 29, 2018 - 4:59am
VelimirSaban's picture
  patrick.corrado wrote:

I use BlueJeans Cable and have tried Amazon and Monprice. It’s obky an issue with frame matching on. Many people on the AVS forums report the same problem.

Toggling AutoLipSync corrects it for me slightly bur I have to do that every time I watch some thing. (I note it doesn’t matter if you toggle it on or off just need to toggle)

I can confirm that on Sony dn1080 Atmos AVR, on the same cables nad TV, there are no issues whatsoever, so it is something with DENON processing/passtrough.Just can't figure out what is causing it. Tried all the combination of settings.

June 29, 2018 - 5:16am
  VelimirSaban wrote:

I can confirm that on Sony dn1080 Atmos AVR, on the same cables nad TV, there are no issues whatsoever, so it is something with DENON processing/passtrough.Just can't figure out what is causing it. Tried all the combination of settings.

Me too. I find if I go through the tv’s ARC, it’s much improved to perfect. But since I can’t pass atmos through ARC that’s not really an option I want to explore.

June 29, 2018 - 5:24am
dhruv's picture
Kudos: 2
  patrick.corrado wrote:

Yep, it's a Denon issue whereby the audio is sent ahead of the AVR passing through the picture to the TV when using Dolby Vision. Hoping Denon can upgrade the firmware to sort it out. I've found that experimenting with the HDMI cable can make it more deterministic. Eg. my original HDMI cable had different delays based on the specific video I'm watching (which meant I'd have to adjust the delay all the time), but now with another HDMI cable I use a ~200ms delay and all content is perfectly in sync.

June 29, 2018 - 6:52am
matseprak's picture
  dhruv wrote:

Yep, it's a Denon issue whereby the audio is sent ahead of the AVR passing through the picture to the TV when using Dolby Vision. Hoping Denon can upgrade the firmware to sort it out. I've found that experimenting with the HDMI cable can make it more deterministic. Eg. my original HDMI cable had different delays based on the specific video I'm watching (which meant I'd have to adjust the delay all the time), but now with another HDMI cable I use a ~200ms delay and all content is perfectly in sync.

Hm, is lip-sync really functioning like that?
If there's no problem with SONY receiver but only with Denon my theory isn't correct.

My theory, lip-sync only works between TV and Receiver, that is when sound comes from TV and sound outputs to receiver through HDMI ARC or optical.

When attaching HDMI device to receiver and then to TV I believe there isn't any auto lip-syncing?
Audio gets before video if TV is taking too long to process the image. In this case Dolby Vision is more "heavy" for the TV, TV takes longer time to process the image and therefor audio gets before image and delaying audio on the receiver solves the problem.

I usually preferred Game mode on my LG TV since I was experience this problem. However, since there isn't any game mode for Dolby Vision I am now using picture modes on my TV that takes longer time to process the image(aka input lag) to compensate for Dolby Vision so I can use the same audio delay on receiver for all content on my Apple TV. Isf picture mode is slow, regular hdr mode is slow and also dolby vision.

I have a NAD T777v3 by the way.

June 29, 2018 - 7:13am
VelimirSaban's picture
  matseprak wrote:

Hm, is lip-sync really functioning like that?
If there's no problem with SONY receiver but only with Denon my theory isn't correct.

My theory, lip-sync only works between TV and Receiver, that is when sound comes from TV and sound outputs to receiver through HDMI ARC or optical.

When attaching HDMI device to receiver and then to TV I believe there isn't any auto lip-syncing?
Audio gets before video if TV is taking too long to process the image. In this case Dolby Vision is more "heavy" for the TV, TV takes longer time to process the image and therefor audio gets before image and delaying audio on the receiver solves the problem.

I usually preferred Game mode on my LG TV since I was experience this problem. However, since there isn't any game mode for Dolby Vision I am now using picture modes on my TV that takes longer time to process the image(aka input lag) to compensate for Dolby Vision so I can use the same audio delay on receiver for all content on my Apple TV. Isf picture mode is slow, regular hdr mode is slow and also dolby vision.

I have a NAD T777v3 by the way.

I'm always for the Apple TV - AVR - TV setup, because that way I can avoid ARC restrictions. DENON is def. the cause, because with the same setup, with Sony, everything is perfect as it should be. With DENON I don't know what else to try...

June 29, 2018 - 9:56am
Churre's picture

Is atmos and maybe dtsx working on tvOS 11.2.6?

June 29, 2018 - 10:02am
astirling's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37

No. Atmos is scheduled for release with tvos12 this fall. You can enroll in the public beta which is atmos as an option and plays back Vudu titles in Dolby Atmos. Infuse does not work however and there is currently no atmos enabled iTunes content.

June 30, 2018 - 7:49am
thierrym's picture
Kudos: 16
  KOKOtm wrote:

Tried out the public beta today. Sound output doesn't work quite well.

Infuse: I have to disable Atmos for sound, but still no bitstreaming, getting PCM. If i enable paththrough in Infuse, i just get static noise.
iTunes: Very weird here. Sometimes i just get stereo, or PCM, never Dolby Digital or Atmos. Have to play a little bit more with it.

Exactly the same here, using my LG E7. I had to deactivate Atmos in the iOS settings: the stream is now recognized as Dolby Surround by the TV instead of Dolby Atmos.

June 30, 2018 - 7:57am
astirling's picture
Beta Tester

It’s not rocket science really. Apple have pullled all of the Dolby Atmos content from iTunes and infuse needs an update to work properly. We do not know at this stage if it will be possible for infuse to support Dolby Atmos. MrMC doesn’t support atmos either but does manage to play non atmos titles without any issues.
Passthrough has been broken since 11.3 if I remember correctly and there is currently no indication that it’s coming back.

The only way to experience atmos content on the Apple TV at the present moment is via vudu.

June 30, 2018 - 4:08pm
patrice.moracchini's picture

For me nothing works, even via Vudu. I got the Dolby Atmos trailers available from Vudu and all I get is LPCM 5.1 so no atmos.

June 30, 2018 - 4:17pm
astirling's picture
Beta Tester

Apparently the trailers don’t work. Just some 4k vudu movies

July 1, 2018 - 1:23pm
riddle's picture

On Marantz dont works too, no Atmos...

July 1, 2018 - 1:39pm
claire78's picture
  astirling wrote:

Passthrough has been broken since 11.3 ...

Any chance to revert back to 11.3? Is there any info why Apple done that?
A really passtrough would be awesome..I’m dreaming. Frown

July 1, 2018 - 1:40pm
astirling's picture
Beta Tester

Nobody is getting atmos in Infuse irrespective of their amplifier. The only current way to get any atmos content on the Apple TV is via the vudu app whilst running the latest TVOS 12 beta. There was some iTunes content in the US but this has now been pulled and is no longer available.

July 1, 2018 - 2:03pm
riddle's picture

I hope they will fix it soon, this is my first week with apple tv 4k..

July 1, 2018 - 2:07pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 385
  riddle wrote:

I wouldn't hold my breath since the official release of tvOS 12 isn't due out till fall. Even then it's not guaranteed that Atmos will be available to all apps.

There's plenty of time to have many more bugs and issues deployed for beta testers pleasure.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

July 1, 2018 - 2:16pm
astirling's picture
Beta Tester
  riddle wrote:

Fix? It’s not broken. Atmos support is scheduled to come ‘this fall’. The Apple TV has not supported atmos since launch and does not currently support it.

July 1, 2018 - 2:24pm
riddle's picture

Yes i know... but i am come from Android Nvidia Shield TV and there all sound (Atmos, DTS:X) works perfect at all. But he have other isuess. Perhaps Infuse Pro is one of the things I've decided for Apple TV instead of Shield.

July 1, 2018 - 2:53pm
astirling's picture
Beta Tester

Yeah that’s the same route I’ve taken. I can say however that there is absolutely no guarantee that Apple will allow app developers to stream local content with lossless atmos. I hope they do but I’m not convinced they will.

July 1, 2018 - 3:02pm
IMWhizzle's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 31

All of you public beta testers can let Apple know that we want local Atmos support (Losless TrueHD version) by using their feedback support app, or by filling in their feedback request form:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

I already did.

July 1, 2018 - 3:06pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 120
  claire78 wrote:

Any chance to revert back to 11.3? Is there any info why Apple done that?
A really passtrough would be awesome..I’m dreaming. Frown

True full quality passthrough was never supported. Only up to 5.1 lossy was supported before.

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

July 1, 2018 - 3:20pm
riddle's picture
  IMWhizzle wrote:

All of you public beta testers can let Apple know that we want local Atmos support (Losless TrueHD version) by using their feedback support app, or by filling in their feedback request form:

https://www.apple.com/feedback/appletv.html

I already did.

I made feedback on Atmos too... Smile