800 posts / 0 new / Last post
  July 5, 2018 - 4:46pm
patrice.moracchini's picture
Kudos: 0

oh I know that I'm just really disappointed in Apple.

July 5, 2018 - 4:49pm
JS.9125's picture
Kudos: 10
  patrice.moracchini wrote:

oh I know that I'm just really disappointed in Apple.

Its all still beta. Nothing is desided

July 5, 2018 - 4:57pm

Having apple products for years now I'm very pessimistic on that point lol.

July 5, 2018 - 5:15pm
JS.9125's picture

Having apple products for years now I'm very pessimistic on that point lol.

Hehe.So have i. I'm all in for Apple. Have so many Apple devises. Including the 3TB Time Capsule. BUT.
If Apple don't allow Atmos passtrough. They will stop selling the ATV

July 5, 2018 - 5:16pm

they don't sell it well anyway

July 5, 2018 - 5:22pm
JS.9125's picture

I hope Apple will allow TrueHD Atmos. In geneal Aplle devises just works.
Have a 12.000,-$ Surround setup. I want to have Atmos soon

July 5, 2018 - 5:48pm
CucNZ's picture

Isnt the full Atmos update not due til like November ?
So worrying about whats not working in the early beta releases at this stage is a waste of time

All we can really do is keep trying to get Apple to do the RIGHT thing and allow full Atmos in local content as well as their obvious cut down Atmos for their streaming content

but ,does Apple do the right thing,or the cheap thing?

never owned an Apple product,so asking Tongue

July 5, 2018 - 5:52pm
riddle's picture
Kudos: 2

I was have Nvidia Shield Tv and he have some others serious problem...

July 5, 2018 - 5:56pm

May I ask you which problems?

July 5, 2018 - 5:56pm
JS.9125's picture
  CucNZ wrote:

Isnt the full Atmos update not due til like November ?
So worrying about whats not working in the early beta releases at this stage is a waste of time

All we can really do is keep trying to get Apple to do the RIGHT thing and allow full Atmos in local content as well as their obvious cut down Atmos for their streaming content

but ,does Apple do the right thing,or the cheap thing?

never owned an Apple product,so asking Tongue

I like your optimisme. Apple now has an opportunity to have the best player on the marked. lets hope they grab it

July 5, 2018 - 6:06pm
CucNZ's picture

exactly
if they allow full atmos passthru(hopefully dts-x too ? ),they would pretty much corner the whole worldwide market for all the current media players out there atm

currently im using a Zidoo x9s to cover all my 4k atmos /Dts-x HDR viewing

id certainly upgrade to the ATV 4k if it added those to the DV im currently missing

July 5, 2018 - 6:15pm
gbastug's picture
Kudos: 4

Why is everyone expecting Infuse to work at this point? People are delirious here.

Infuse has not a) addressed the issue since their initial comments that there were no developer guidelines for Atmos; and b) Infuse has not released any update referencing Atmos.

Whether or not Atmos will be available to (local content) apps like Infuse is unknown, and if it will be, it is not known whether it will only support Atmos over DD+ or also over TrueHD.

So chill a bit here... The next post should be from Infuse if they can clarify what is known to date.

I'm surprised (though very pleased) that an app like Infuse is even permitted on the app store, given its ability to play bit perfect ripped content.

July 5, 2018 - 6:22pm
JS.9125's picture

Some of us expect a lot from Infuse. Being the best, causes big expectations Smile

July 5, 2018 - 6:38pm
gbastug's picture
Kudos: 4

Infuse has a bigger problem. Apple's 4K streams are outstanding, and the Atmos rendering is acoustically indistinguishable from UHD discs, I think many will stop buying and ripping their own content. (I write this with the assumption that people buy their discs and then rip them, not illegally share them. Buying discs and ripping them is what I've being doing up till now, but I'm looking to the opportunity to leave discs behind if there is a qualitative streaming equivalent from Apple).

Plus the new AACS encoding has tripped up Slysoft, with no assurance it can be overcome, so the ability to rip your own discs may slowly fade.

If people here download rips illegally and use Infuse to watch, I have no sympathy for your laments to be honest. Pay for what you consume.

July 6, 2018 - 1:00am
riddle's picture

Shield TV have problem with pictures, quality its not good. They made some fixes at last fw oreo update they dont fix dynamic range matching its still broken

July 6, 2018 - 1:10am
astirling's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37
  riddle wrote:

Shield TV have problem with pictures, quality its not good. They made some fixes at last fw oreo update they dont fix dynamic range matching its still broken

Dynamic Range matching is actually fine. That is it switches between SDR and HDR appropriately. However it does not switch colour space between rec 709 and rec 2020 accordingly. This results in films playing back with incorrect and washed out colours unless you manually change video modes. In addition to this it’s a bit of a buggy mess. I often had to reboot due to the picture skipping or the sound dropping out. Finally, many apps won’t switch framerate - Netflix being the most obvious culprit.
I owned the device for 6 months before selling it. I’ve never been so glad to get rid of a piece of hardware.

July 6, 2018 - 3:10am
rubento's picture
Beta Tester

Just wanted to confirm that the two donwloadable Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital+) trailers work perfect in Plex using AppleTV latest public Beta (2). Hope an easy way to convert uncompressed Atmos (Dolby TrueHD) to DD+ appears…

Regards

July 6, 2018 - 3:16am
VelimirSaban's picture
Kudos: 3
  rubento wrote:

Just wanted to confirm that the two donwloadable Dolby Atmos (Dolby Digital+) trailers work perfect in Plex using AppleTV latest public Beta (2). Hope an easy way to convert uncompressed Atmos (Dolby TrueHD) to DD+ appears…

Regards

This is the most probable option Infuse will use to get Atmos to our AVRs

July 6, 2018 - 3:20am
riddle's picture

Its hard to set Plex server on pc for apple tv?

July 6, 2018 - 2:26pm

where can I get the the Dolby Atmos trailers?

July 7, 2018 - 12:43am
VelimirSaban's picture
Kudos: 3

Did anyone notice instability with latest public beta? Never had restarts or video problems until the latest build... Confused I know It's beta, problems are expected.

They changed the "Check cable" UI?

July 7, 2018 - 2:46am
rubento's picture
Beta Tester

where can I get the the Dolby Atmos trailers?

https://www.dolby.com/us/en/guide/test-tones.html

July 7, 2018 - 3:05am
riddle's picture
  July 7, 2018 - 11:23am
JS.9125's picture

The test files are both mp4 files with E-AC3 Atmos.
I fear that Apple will only allow Atmos in mp4 format.
Will the Apple TV 4K (via Infuse) be power full enough to realtime convert a UHD TrueHD mkw to mp4 E-AC3.
Perhaps. But it will probably require some additional Dolby licenses. Making Infuse more expensive. I think it would be worth it, but not all will.
But lets see what the next months bring

July 7, 2018 - 11:35am
Bjarne.aksdal's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1

I tried some .m2ts files today with EAC3 but no sound and the reciever did not light up with anything. So sound did not get sent to reciever.

July 7, 2018 - 11:41am
JS.9125's picture
  Bjarne.aksdal wrote:

I tried some .m2ts files today with EAC3 but no sound and the reciever did not light up with anything. So sound did not get sent to reciever.

Are your .m2ts files available for download? I would like to test

July 9, 2018 - 4:05pm
Bjarne.aksdal's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1
  JS.9125 wrote:

Are your .m2ts files available for download? I would like to test

In the kodi link above, point 1 and 2 under chapter 2.

July 11, 2018 - 9:19pm
cookies's picture
  VelimirSaban wrote:

Did anyone notice instability with latest public beta? Never had restarts or video problems until the latest build... Confused I know It's beta, problems are expected.

They changed the "Check cable" UI?

The latest rounds of iOS/macOS/tvOS public betas have been the most stable I've ever tried. Zero bugs across the board on all devices. Infuse is playing nicely, with the exception of audio passthrough, which has been broken for some time. Which isn't a huge deal, since it just passes through lossless audio via PCM, but I wouldn't mind having my receiver light up with the decoders properly.

July 12, 2018 - 4:02am
riddle's picture

I am not sure but for me Dolby Atmos on Infuse PRO still dont works, i try it with PLEX but still nothink, my AVR is Marantz SR5012. I cant check Atmos on itunes becaouse in my country we dont have no Atmos track on Apple TV.

July 12, 2018 - 4:16am
xinseo's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 5
  james wrote:

We'll be digging into the 12.0 beta in the coming days to see what sort of useful things we can find.

However, at first glance it doesn't appear as though Atmos is included in this first build.

Any word on if this is achievable with Infuse? Should we get our hopes up Smile