19 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  June 6, 2018 - 10:01am
NC Bullseye's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,587
Kudos: 371

It'd be great to be able to have multiple versions (different resolutions and audio tracks) of the same movie show as one entry with an option to select which one is played without having to have Plex involved, just Infuse.

Mod edit

Please vote/discuss this feature here.
https://firecore.com/forum/topic/19150

  June 7, 2018 - 9:34am
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 739
Kudos: 113
  NC Bullseye wrote:

It'd be great to be able to have multiple versions (different resolutions and audio tracks) of the same movie show as one entry with an option to select which one is played without having to have Plex involved, just Infuse.

Definitely. Also, would be nice to have it automatically pick a default quality depending on your device. For instance, on iOS I would want it to choose the lower quality for downloading. For Apple TV I want it to choose the highest quality.

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

  June 10, 2018 - 10:54am
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Jul 2017
Posts: 251
Kudos: 146

Agreed. Infuse's core functionality becoming a second-class actor in its own software is not something I'm keen on. I'm using Infuse not because I've never been with the alternatives, but because I've used the others--like Plex with a Lifetime Plex Pass for years--and determined that Infuse is a better fit. I'm seeing multiple of these Plex features that should be ported to Infuse's core offering first, and not only for those who obviously cannot let go of Plex.

  • Infuse Pro Lifetime
  June 15, 2018 - 10:16am
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,801
Kudos: 1,152

For 5.7.4, we're working to allow multiple versions of the same movie to be grouped together. This will work whether you use Plex or not.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  June 15, 2018 - 11:33am
remotevisitor's picture
Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 382
Kudos: 34
  james wrote:

For 5.7.4, we're working to allow multiple versions of the same movie to be grouped together. This will work whether you use Plex or not.

Is this just done for resolutions?

The reason I ask is that I have a number of normal and HSBS 3D versions of a movie; so will they also be grouped together?

Is the grouping done by the fact that the films have the same IMDb ID, in which case it should work for my case?

  June 15, 2018 - 11:57am
james's picture
Staff
Offline
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,801
Kudos: 1,152
  remotevisitor wrote:

Is this just done for resolutions?

The reason I ask is that I have a number of normal and HSBS 3D versions of a movie; so will they also be grouped together?

Is the grouping done by the fact that the films have the same IMDb ID, in which case it should work for my case?

Should work in this case too.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  July 19, 2018 - 6:45am
movie lover's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 135
Kudos: 23

OK, as a non-Plex user, I excitedly updated to 5.7.5 in anticipation of being able to host multiple versions of my movies aka "Plex Play". The anticipation quickly turned to disappointment when I realised that Infuse users that don't use Plex seem to have been re-prioritised!
I checked the upcoming features list and it wasn't there either.
I realise that the commercial focus for the 5.7 release was all about supporting our Plex using buddies, but what about the rest of us!
Please bring some focus back to the "Just say no to Plex" community !!!

AppleTV4 (32 GB), tvOS 13.0, Infuse Pro 6.1.8, NFS streaming from Netgear ReadyNAS

  July 19, 2018 - 7:49pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,587
Kudos: 371
  movie lover wrote:

OK, as a non-Plex user, I excitedly updated to 5.7.5 in anticipation of being able to host multiple versions of my movies aka "Plex Play". The anticipation quickly turned to disappointment when I realised that Infuse users that don't use Plex seem to have been re-prioritised!
I checked the upcoming features list and it wasn't there either.
I realise that the commercial focus for the 5.7 release was all about supporting our Plex using buddies, but what about the rest of us!
Please bring some focus back to the "Just say no to Plex" community !!!

It did seem to drop off the radar for those of us that only use Infuse. Hopefully the Infuse team will remember us and get this feature back to "Pending" soon instead of disappearing totally.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

  July 25, 2018 - 9:25pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,587
Kudos: 371
  james wrote:

For 5.7.4, we're working to allow multiple versions of the same movie to be grouped together. This will work whether you use Plex or not.

@james
I know this thread has been directed to another thread but this one is specifically for those of us who do not use Plex and have no plan of implementing a Plex server and want the option to select individual versions of shows we have multiple different copies of solely with Infuse.

This thread was labeled as pending but lost that when the version selection for Plex users was implemented. Can we get back on the board as least?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

  July 25, 2018 - 9:47pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2016
Posts: 739
Kudos: 113
  NC Bullseye wrote:

@james
I know this thread has been directed to another thread but this one is specifically for those of us who do not use Plex and have no plan of implementing a Plex server and want the option to select individual versions of shows we have multiple different copies of solely with Infuse.

This thread was labeled as pending but lost that when the version selection for Plex users was implemented. Can we get back on the board as least?

Ditto

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+

  July 26, 2018 - 3:33am
movie lover's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 135
Kudos: 23

Thanks for representing the Infuse users who don't wish to use Plex with this feature request NC Bullseye

AppleTV4 (32 GB), tvOS 13.0, Infuse Pro 6.1.8, NFS streaming from Netgear ReadyNAS

  September 26, 2018 - 2:11pm
Haldir's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Kudos: 1

Hello,
I’m testing the Google drive integration where i have a folder for the regular resolution and an other for 4K. In the Movies view, i have multiple version for a same movie displayed. Is there some limitation for cloud storage ?

Thanks

  September 26, 2018 - 3:08pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,587
Kudos: 371
  Haldir wrote:

Hello,
I’m testing the Google drive integration where i have a folder for the regular resolution and an other for 4K. In the Movies view, i have multiple version for a same movie displayed. Is there some limitation for cloud storage ?

Thanks

Seeing multiples of the same movie is the limitation of Infuse, not the cloud service. This thread is suggesting that a movie only be shown once even with multiple copies at different resolutions or versions with the ability to have a choice of which resolution or version to show when selected to play.

Please do the +1 on the first post in the thread referenced in post one of this thread.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

  September 26, 2018 - 4:15pm
movie lover's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 135
Kudos: 23

Hey NC Bullseye,
I noticed that around a month ago you asked a question on the forum as to what Firecore's plans were for this feature given that it was planned, tagged as pending and then mysteriously dropped.
I also noticed that your question and that entire thread was deleted. Given that multiple versions is not even represented in the upcoming features but was planned and confirmed by Firecore, was it unreasonable to ask what happened?

AppleTV4 (32 GB), tvOS 13.0, Infuse Pro 6.1.8, NFS streaming from Netgear ReadyNAS

  September 27, 2018 - 9:51am
NC Bullseye's picture
Moderator
Offline
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 2,587
Kudos: 371
  movie lover wrote:

Hey NC Bullseye,
I noticed that around a month you asked a question on the forum as to what Firecore's plans were for this feature given that it was planned, tagged as pending and then mysteriously dropped.
I also noticed that your question and that entire thread was deleted. Given that multiple versions is not even represented in the upcoming features but was planned and confirmed by Firecore, was it unreasonable to ask what happened?

Not unreasonable at all. That particular feature turned out to be far more involved for the Plex version than they had anticipated and the non plex version would be even more complicated so the resources are being directed to other more pressing issues for now. It's still on their radar so We can keep on asking for others to up vote the first post in the thread to move it up the list.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

  November 29, 2018 - 3:08pm
movie lover's picture
Offline
Joined: Sep 2016
Posts: 135
Kudos: 23

It would be nice if v6 of Infuse had this planned for its upcoming features list Smile

AppleTV4 (32 GB), tvOS 13.0, Infuse Pro 6.1.8, NFS streaming from Netgear ReadyNAS

  November 30, 2018 - 5:31am
Allex's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 32
Kudos: 4

This would be good for multi servers also to avoid having duplicate entries within the library

  July 30, 2019 - 1:22am
atlas3686's picture
Offline
Joined: Feb 2019
Posts: 13
Kudos: 6

+1

  August 6, 2019 - 11:33pm
peterjcat's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Feb 2018
Posts: 12
Kudos: 2

Between this thread and the other thread there are clearly a lot of people who are hanging out for this feature -- more than some of the other features that have been implemented or are on the roadmap. For something that was raised almost 2 years ago and announced for 5.7.4 it's frustrating that this still isn't even on the roadmap anymore. James, can we please have an update on this feature?