3rd Party Ratings and Sorting / Filtering Option

Hi guys,

One of the features that would be very valuable for hardcore movie lovers is the ability the view and sort / filter by 3rd party ratings, such as:

1. Letterboxd - this has an official API: http://api-docs.letterboxd.com/
  2. Metacritic - no official API listed, but they likely have some commercial version
  3. RottenTomatoes - no official API listed, but they likely have some commercial version
  4. IMDB - no official API listed, but they likely have some commercial version

I believe the current ratings are fetched from Traktr? I am not a fan of the current ratings, they don’t seem to reflect my tastes, and I’m sure I’m not alone. I know it’s highly subjective, but after watching 2-3.000 movies you tend to differentiate your tastes from the vast majority, which is why letterboxd or metacritic would be a valuable alternative, as they are tailored for hardcore movie lovers.

Accessing those APIs would probably come at a cost, but I’d be happy to pay an in app purchase if needed.

Thanks for considering!

PS: I think there’s a thread for RottenTomatoes ratings, but I felt we needed a general thread for movie ratings. If you guys have any other suggestions or if you know the official API sources for the above let me know and I can update this post.

1 Like

I agree with everything except paying extra for this feature for existing subscribers, I’ve already paid for my lifetime subscription which should already cover any development costs, otherwise they could always change the price of their subscription or standalone app in the future if money is an issue but not for current subscribers who have already paid.

I also agree that the ratings Infuse currently uses are not the best for me personally, I refer to Letterboxd, as the OP suggested. I am still anticipating more sources as far as rating preferences are concerned in the future.