10 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  July 3, 2018 - 6:52am
brightonguy's picture
Kudos: 2

Hello all,

I have two questions:

1. Is it possible to put an nfo file or an xml file into the folder of each TV show and/or movie with the corresponding TheTVDB / TheMovieDB URL - so that Infuse simply looks at that URL instead of executing its own search on these websites? If so, how?
  2. Is it possible to point certain TV shows / movies to grab a different language from TheTVDB / TheMovieDB - other than the one set in Settings? If so, how?

Thank you for your help and huge thanks to the Infuse team! One of the best subscriptions I ever have.

July 19, 2018 - 10:12am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,206

Welcome to the forum!

1. Unfortunately you won't be able to point Infuse at a TMDb/TVDb title through the use of XML files, but you can use the Edit option in Infuse to search either of these databases and select a title manually. More info on this can be found here. https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...
  2. This isn't officially supported, but one way to get the desired result would be to set the language in Settings to the language that you want to have for most of your content, and let Infuse fetch info for everything. Once this is done, you can go back and adjust this setting to a different language, and use the Edit option on the titles you wish to have metadata for in this new language. This can be repeated for languages 3, 4, etc...

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

July 20, 2018 - 6:21am
brightonguy's picture

Thank you @James,

While I am not "too" concerned about #2, I think implementing #1 would certainly solve many scraping related concerns here. Or, alternatively, enabling a feature so that entering the TMDb / TVDb ID of the item in the search box would show the exact film / series I am looking for. There has been some occasions that despite using the exact name based on what's on TMDb, Infuse fails to find the correct item.

Thanks again Smile

.anythingstrange

July 20, 2018 - 10:59am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,206

One thing you can try that is very effective in getting Infuse to find the correct match, is adding the year to the filename.

For example.

"Mad_Max.mp4" would give you the original film from 1979. However, "Mad_Max_2015.mp4" would give you the new 2015 Mad Max: Fury Road film.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

July 24, 2019 - 1:58pm
remo's picture
Kudos: 6

Hi. Even this thread is bit older, I have a question in addition to brightonguy‘s #1:
Is it possible to append the unique(?) TMDB‘s movie id to a movie‘s filename?
So Infuse could fetch metadata directly out of TMDB - manual corrections wouldn‘t be neccessary anymore and you don‘t have to worry about.
-remo

October 6, 2019 - 5:32am
thepopol777's picture
Kudos: 0

I must give a big +1 to this request.
We should be able to browse by title, like now, OR enter a specific ID so it would directly catch the correct movie / show.

Plus, it's easier to type some numbers instead of some long titles.

C'mon firecore, it's WAY TOO EASY to dev this and add this feature.

Please, make your paying clients happy.

Thank you

October 6, 2019 - 12:33pm
vdatanet's picture
Kudos: 9

+1

Since Infuse reads the data contained in nfo files, it would be great if you read thetvdb / themoviedb ids and use them to match the file, instead of searching in thetvdb/themoviedb.

October 26, 2019 - 3:12am
beijiaoff's picture
Kudos: 0

I have the same request.
Sometimes the search in app can not give exact result.
For example, https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/75956?language=e...
this tv series, not matter using key word "the kite" "kite" or “风筝”(chinese name), there is no exact result.

by the way, this meida is recoginzed well in nPlayer app, using tmdb.

October 26, 2019 - 6:52am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 385
  beijiaoff wrote:

I have the same request.
Sometimes the search in app can not give exact result.
For example, https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/75956?language=e...
this tv series, not matter using key word "the kite" "kite" or “风筝”(chinese name), there is no exact result.

by the way, this meida is recoginzed well in nPlayer app, using tmdb.

Welcome to the forum!

First, Infuse doesn't use tmdb for TV shows, it uses thetvdb and it doesn't appear that thetvdb has an entry for this particular show. The good thing is that you can join thetvdb and help add the show to their database and support their site. Then you'll have it available for your library and others will too.

Maybe somewhere down the line Infuse will have the ability to user either service for either type of file (TV or Movie) but for now it's an easy thing to do. Join the sites and add your own data.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

October 31, 2019 - 1:56am
jhoyos's picture

+1 to proposal to have infuse reading TMDB or TVDB ID for a correct matching, could be on .nfo file or better, into the specific Filename (that way we can forget about having .nfo files)

For example

Alien (1978) [TMDB 348].mkv