8 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  November 18, 2018 - 1:17am
DarthMicky's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0

Hello,

With the new 5.9 version, I have the same issue on my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. File management feature is active but I always have the same error when I try to delete a file on my NAS from Infuse. Error message is: "An error occurred"

I have tried to reboot my NAS but the problem remains. I never had this issue before with previous Infuse versions.

Am I alone?

Thank you.

  November 20, 2018 - 10:16pm
Toonces's picture
Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 71
Kudos: 1
  DarthMicky wrote:

Hello,

With the new 5.9 version, I have the same issue on my iPhone, iPad and Apple TV. File management feature is active but I always have the same error when I try to delete a file on my NAS from Infuse. Error message is: "An error occurred"

I have tried to reboot my NAS but the problem remains. I never had this issue before with previous Infuse versions.

Am I alone?

Thank you.

Yes, I have this problem now, too. Infuse can't seem to delete files anymore. I've checked the permissions on the files and they’re correct, but Infuse now fails with an error when I try to delete any video files.

  November 20, 2018 - 10:38pm
remotevisitor's picture
Online
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 369
Kudos: 29

Assuming you are using NFS, this is a known issue which will be fixed in 5.9.1 according to https://firecore.com/forum/topic/13575

  November 20, 2018 - 10:52pm
DarthMicky's picture
Beta Tester
Offline
Joined: Aug 2017
Posts: 28
Kudos: 0

Hi,

Indeed, I only have the issue with NFS protocol. When I use SMB, file deletion works fine. Thanks for the info.

  November 23, 2018 - 2:57pm
james's picture
Staff
Online
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,169
Kudos: 1,063

Yes, this is a bug which has been resolved for the 5.9.1 update which is due out within the next few days.

Thanks for your patience. Smile

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  January 27, 2019 - 3:34am
dRm42's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Kudos: 1

Hey Guys!

I’m on 5.9.4 and this feature is still not working for me neither on my iphone or my apple tv. The delete icon is there, but every single attempt ends with “an error occurred”. Playing directly from a time capsule through smb with rw access controlled by pw. Verified that the pw is correct.

Can you guys please confirm that this has been properly fixed on 5.9.1+?

Cheers,
dRm

EDIT: I figured it out and it’s working now. As the time capsule only needs a password for rw access, I didn’t have a username set in Infuse. This is how it’s set up on my raspberry pi as well, so it’s not that SMB requires a username in order to work. Anyway, it looks like if username is not set, Infuse does not use the pw either. Adding a random username did the trick.

EDIT 2: The 5.9.5 update broke it again and my workaround of using a random username doesn‘t seem to work anymore either.

  February 4, 2019 - 10:58am
james's picture
Staff
Online
Joined: Jun 2008
Posts: 13,169
Kudos: 1,063
  dRm42 wrote:

Hey Guys!

I’m on 5.9.4 and this feature is still not working for me neither on my iphone or my apple tv. The delete icon is there, but every single attempt ends with “an error occurred”. Playing directly from a time capsule through smb with rw access controlled by pw. Verified that the pw is correct.

Can you guys please confirm that this has been properly fixed on 5.9.1+?

Cheers,
dRm

EDIT: I figured it out and it’s working now. As the time capsule only needs a password for rw access, I didn’t have a username set in Infuse. This is how it’s set up on my raspberry pi as well, so it’s not that SMB requires a username in order to work. Anyway, it looks like if username is not set, Infuse does not use the pw either. Adding a random username did the trick.

EDIT 2: The 5.9.5 update broke it again and my workaround of using a random username doesn‘t seem to work anymore either.

We recommend using a username of 'admin' for Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme. You may also try restarting the Time Capsule itself to see if that helps.

Aside from that, we're not aware of any remaining issues, but if you are still having trouble please send in a report from your device and open a support ticket so we can look further into what may be going on.

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

  February 12, 2019 - 12:18am
dRm42's picture
Offline
Joined: Jan 2019
Posts: 2
Kudos: 1
  james wrote:

We recommend using a username of 'admin' for Time Capsule and AirPort Extreme. You may also try restarting the Time Capsule itself to see if that helps.

Aside from that, we're not aware of any remaining issues, but if you are still having trouble please send in a report from your device and open a support ticket so we can look further into what may be going on.

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...

Good stuff! Using 'admin' for username worked! Thanks much James! Wink