It's going to be one month since I use Infuse. I'm totally convinced so I took the yearly subscription and I'm happy so far. Just one thing, I had buffering once so I had to chose the "legacy" protocol for SMB.
I am considering now a Synology NAS DS718+ with 2x4TB or 2x8TB. Today, I download on my Mac mini with uTorrent 4K UHD HDR movies and I use an Apple TV 4K with Infuse and all works like a charm.
I have the following questions:
- If anyone using Synology NAS + Apple TV 4K + Infuse...could you share your feedback, what you like, what you don't?
- How noisy is the NAS and do you have recommendations regarding low-noise HDD?
- Can I use 1 bay for the movies and the second for backing-up the first HDD? Would that be the recommended workflow and what setting-up shall I need to do?
- Would it be possible to leave 1 TB for a Time Machine?
- What protocol shall I use to avoid buffering on Infuse? Do I need to configure "SMB Legacy" on the NAS, too?
- Shall I install a torrent client on the NAS directly or shall I still use the Mac mini and transfer the downloaded file once completed to the NAS?
- Will 1 Gbps ethernet be enough for playback without buffering?
Thanks in advance for taking the time to read my message!