4K iso freezing

Occasionally a 4K iso (incredibles 2) will freeze and have a spinning wheel. If I cancel and play again it starts working perfectly. On a single movie this happened 3 times.

Any idea how to diagnose?

Are you running wireless? How is the host file being shared? These are usually either network related or source related (ie: USB drive plugged into a router and shared)

High performance nas. Didn’t have issues before.

1Gb Ethernet only. No way this will work wirelesss…

Is this the only title you’ve seen this on, or has it happened with others?

This is a new title but there are lots of variables here including a new tvOS, new infuse and a new title.

The question is whether there is a test that I can or should run to check if there is a network degradation, restriction in the new tvOS or appletv or something else.

Can you play a different iso with your current set up without this problem occurring?

It only happened twice during watching of the movie, so it’s hard to say. It’s not an issue that occurs all the time.

I will have to try additional items to see.

You could hook up another wired machine and do an iperf to your NAS (iperf3 -ZVc ). This will give you numbers for max raw network performance.

Also I’ve had issues on my Android Zidoo media player with certain Disney iso’s that do branching.

I tried a few other movies and no issues. The NAS performs perfectly - does multiple 200Mbps streams without sweating (it’s dual bonded to the router)

Ok. This is a network issue for sure. Still trying to track it down but it does not seem to be appletv or infuse related.

If you’re running Ethernet try a new cable. I had to replace my first one not long ago for causing buffering issues.

It was actually a patch cord (short ethernet cable) that I replaced that solved it for me… Will be running more tests tonight but it was definitely unrelated to infuse, it was just the first to actually sense the issue.

Glad you found your problem! It seems that for every new advance in entertainment technology we find new ways for the old tech to bite us. Ten years ago I wouldn’t have believed that a good cat 5 cable would just quit working but only partially with changes in software. I’m starting to buy the higher rated (cat 6+) cables for everything now, even for the older systems.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.