5 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  December 20, 2018 - 6:57pm
luminarycrush's picture
Kudos: 1

First, thanks for a great application! Until Infuse I've had to keep a separate XBMC hockey puck in addition to my ATV just to read my local media collection, or Airplay from my laptop. I've since recommended this to several other people, all of whom love it.

My suggestion is why not make this app available for Mac OSX and Linux? It seems like the code is mostly in place and it would be a minor addition to make it available on Mac OSX App Store and Ubuntu/Red Hat.

February 10, 2019 - 1:31pm
BriceJ28's picture
Kudos: 0

I can't believe there isn't already a Mac app for Infuse 5. I would gladly pay more for a subscription if a macOS version was made, even if it was a separate subscription to the iOS/tvOS versions.

April 13, 2019 - 5:57am
macintologist's picture
Kudos: 2

Let's see what is announced at WWDC 2019 because there might be a new development tool that makes porting iOS apps to Mac much more streamlined. See https://www.imore.com/marzipan

April 13, 2019 - 7:01pm
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 146

The first apps to leverage Marzipan came out last year (Home, News, Stocks) and were truly low-hanging fruit, so with the rumored additions of Music, Podcasts, and TV--effectively splitting iTunes--the upcoming version of MacOS is going to have to highlight just how great Marzipan can be for app developers. I have high expectations, so I can't help but feel like porting Infuse to MacOS might be in the realm of possibility. There's another discussion in these forums with a tonne more comments and votes, so maybe we should go support that one. I can't find the link, but if someone can, please post it here so we can focus the discussion.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime
  April 29, 2019 - 8:12pm
munpip214's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 107

Apple TV 4, Apple TV 3, iPhone Xs, iMac 5k, iPad Pro, Airport Extreme, Airport Express, Synology DS916+