5 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 4, 2019 - 5:24am
walkerx's picture
Kudos: 1

In infuse you get the option of setting audio to auto or passthrough

If I select passthrough I get no audio on true hd titles, while others its just white noise

Looking through older posts it seems this feature doesn't work, so what is the point of the option actually being there?

January 4, 2019 - 9:06am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 352

This topic has been discussed ad nauseam and it pretty much boils down to Apple disabling the pass through somewhere around iOS 11 and hasn't corrected it (yet). You can read about the recommended settings for Infuse here https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...

If you want more info you can read the thread "Help get Dolby Atmos" https://firecore.com/forum/topic/20983

There are some good nuggets mixed into that thread.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

January 5, 2019 - 6:57am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,101

FWIW, we left the setting in place in the hopes Apple would resolve the bug that prevented passthrough from working in 11.3 and later.

With each day, it seems less and less likely they will be fixing this, and we're currently planning to remove the setting for the upcoming Infuse 6 release.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

January 5, 2019 - 7:48am
toegelr's picture
Kudos: 0

When you letting the passthrough setting away in Infuse 6 then I have no reason to let my AppleTV 4K is on 11.2.1 !

I don't no if this is good for me.

January 5, 2019 - 8:04am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,101
  toegelr wrote:

When you letting the passthrough setting away in Infuse 6 then I have no reason to let my AppleTV 4K is on 11.2.1 !

I don't no if this is good for me.

The setting will remain available if you are running 11.2.1 (or earlier).

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!