4 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  January 5, 2019 - 12:40am
WilfredR's picture
Kudos: 0

Just wanted to double check about playing music files.

I wanted a simple solution for kids to play audiobooks from a webdav server I have set-up (cloud) without computers at home being on. As work around I'm now packing the audiobook in an mkv file, add chapters and off we go.

By accident I came across the "[Showcase] Favorite icon artwork" https://firecore.com/forum/topic/13990 post on here, and noticed several ones are called "Music"...

So is there a way to make Infuse play music-files that I'm not aware off??

Thanks.

January 5, 2019 - 6:48am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 112

No, inFuse only plays video files. Whether support for music files will ever appear in a future version I have no idea.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

January 5, 2019 - 3:13pm
vitaprimo's picture

Is there some feature roadmap? I want the same thing. I'm getting rid of iTunes Match this February when my membership expires, Apple lost about at least 6000 tracks from my Library, I hand't noticed until I logged in to my old Google Music account which is included with YouTube Premium and realized I had 6000 tracks more than I had in iTunes! ...and I stopped syncing with Google Play Music shortly after both launch--that like 5 years worth of discovery and compilation, and going to events to get exclusive sets. Frown I'm in the hunt for a WebDAV player too, only I didn't know what was what I needed until I read it in this post.

I betcha think this post is about you ♪
Don't you, don't you, don't you? ♪

July 21, 2019 - 12:56pm
SydeEye's picture

I guess I was confused by the bottom of the Infuse product webpage. It states audio tracks and lists a bunch of formats. This lead me to believe Infuse could play music files so I purchased a PRO license. Now I find out it can't. I would really like to see this capability added as well. I have a decent sized FLAC collection that I would like to play on my AppleTV and iPhone but I absolutely can't stand using iTunes to load music and I don't want to pay for yet another subscription to Apple Music to do so. Please add this functionality in a future update. I'm sure plenty of other people would enjoy this functionality.

Thanks.

Attachments: