62 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  February 28, 2019 - 11:05am
ionut's picture
Kudos: 3

when is infuse 6 coming? it's been more than a month since the last update..

February 28, 2019 - 11:11am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 371

The most current news on the release can be found here https://firecore.com/forum/topic/22050

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

February 28, 2019 - 11:14am
ionut's picture

so tomorrow ?!

February 28, 2019 - 1:37pm
elchupete's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 85

1st quarter ends 31.03.2019 Wink

March 25, 2019 - 12:59am
sojer2005's picture
Kudos: 1

I bet it will be realesed today, alongside tvOS 12.2 Wink

March 26, 2019 - 12:51am
Yasoo's picture
Kudos: 0

looks like no release today....

March 26, 2019 - 4:43am
Hempie's picture

Late March 2019 .... lol... Make it VERY late March 2019.

Using Apple TV 4K 5th generation, Samsung UHD tv, Denon X3500H Receiver, Dali Oberon 7 Speakers

March 26, 2019 - 12:15pm
sojer2005's picture

Smile
Maybe a new version will be released today? James is on-line Wink

March 26, 2019 - 12:41pm
NC Bullseye's picture

Maybe a new version will be released today? James is on-line ;-)[/quote]

That's not a good indicator, James is on line most of the time. LOL That's what customer service is all about.

James is like Paul Masson wines of the 70's, he's sell no version before it's time.... Wink

March 26, 2019 - 4:07pm
elmerfreak's picture

No pressure but... It is a long wait 😬

March 26, 2019 - 11:07pm
MartinSawicki's picture
Beta Tester

I'm hoping for this week. Can't use Infuse for 4K HDR since the last update Confused

March 28, 2019 - 1:00am
Jecht_Sin's picture
Kudos: 18

3 days to go? Grin

March 28, 2019 - 6:30am
zigourney's picture

its probably not ready for prime time, otherwise it would have been released already.

March 28, 2019 - 8:50am
sojer2005's picture

It’s happening Smile

Attachments: 
  March 28, 2019 - 10:16am
NC Bullseye's picture

Presto!

March 28, 2019 - 10:17am
elmerfreak's picture
  March 28, 2019 - 3:20pm
Dandemon's picture

Disappointing. I thought we were told we're getting search by actor, director etc. Nothing's changed there at all.

March 28, 2019 - 11:36pm
kubrick7007's picture

Yes, I agree. A lot of disappointments with Infuse 6. No extended search, no Collections for Plex, no file-detail, no alphabetic right indicator and the latest added is stil not working properly (6 years and counting). I do not care, if the Infuse logo has changed and other unnecessary things.

March 28, 2019 - 11:44pm
astirling's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37

The sticky post in the suggestions version is a good indicator of what is in each version. Anything which is listed as ‘in progress’ is either coming in the next release or one very soon after. Anything which is listed as ‘planned’ is unlikely to make the next imminent release. Just keep an eye on that and see if the features you want transfer over. Might help with any further disappointment.

Regarding features in 6.0, I would agree that there aren’t that many but what is there will have required enormous work. They have re-written the core player and implemented iCloud libraries both of which have resulted in huge speed improvements. It was important that they got these right or the end result could have been catastrophic. I would expect to see a focus on features in upcoming point releases.

March 28, 2019 - 11:45pm
astirling's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37

The sticky post in the suggestions forum is a good indicator of what is in each version. Anything which is listed as ‘in progress’ is either coming in the next release or one very soon after. Anything which is listed as ‘planned’ is unlikely to make the next imminent release. Just keep an eye on that and see if the features you want transfer over. Might help with any further disappointment.

Regarding features in 6.0, I would agree that there aren’t that many but what is there will have required enormous work. They have re-written the core player and implemented iCloud libraries both of which have resulted in huge speed improvements. It was important that they got these right or the end result could have been catastrophic. I would expect to see a focus on features in upcoming point releases.

March 29, 2019 - 12:51am
Jecht_Sin's picture

It seems most changes are "under the hood". A major rewriting/optimisation of the code which get clear only playing a video. For example i was playing just before the update a quite heavy 4K HDR movie. Seeking back/forward was a bit of a pain. Now, with that movie, it takes 1-2 seconds, and best of all the audio starts nearly immediately (but I should check other videos regarding the delayed audio issue I had).

The UI is just identical. And the Favourite icons are still flashing, loading the custom icons over the default ones. I did expect at least those small glitches could be fixed!

March 29, 2019 - 2:01am
devilsown's picture
Beta Tester

I'm also a litte disappointed by this major update, features that i was expecting (better search for e.g. all movies with actor XY still doesn't work) weren't implemented, but they're making a big deal about it that you can change the app icon to black... wow, kinda regreting my lifetime license atm - hope there'll be more relevant features in the upcoming versions...

Full list of changes

NEW

• iCloud libraries
  • Ad-free subtitles from OpenSubtitles
  • iOS Files app integration
  • AirPlay 2 & HomePod support
  • Switch between light/dark icons
  • Download external subtitles from Plex
  • Redesigned app icon

Two of the seven new Features are regarding the Icon...

March 29, 2019 - 6:47am
Constantine's picture

I really do not see any speed improvements on my Apple Tv 4K

Plus:
Infuse 4 was 9.99
Infuse 5 was 12.99
Infuse 6 is 24.99 ????

March 29, 2019 - 7:26am
Dandemon's picture

Quick marketing lesson, Firecore.

1. If the changes are mostly under the hood, it's not a new X.0 release. This isn't Infuse 6.0. It's 5.10 at best.
  2. If you're upping the price for something that is no different to 90% of users, then shelve the price rise until you have new functions to offer in exchange for the extra money. (I mean this is REALLY basic stuff, guys.)
  3. If you want to keep the price rise, get searching by actor and director into the 6.x release. When? A week ago. You're way behind.
  March 29, 2019 - 8:16am
Constantine's picture
  Dandemon wrote:

Quick marketing lesson, Firecore.

1. If the changes are mostly under the hood, it's not a new X.0 release. This isn't Infuse 6.0. It's 5.10 at best.
  2. If you're upping the price for something that is no different to 90% of users, then shelve the price rise until you have new functions to offer in exchange for the extra money. (I mean this is REALLY basic stuff, guys.)
  3. If you want to keep the price rise, get searching by actor and director into the 6.x release. When? A week ago. You're way behind.

Totaly,
This is absurd. For first year I will not buy the "update".

March 29, 2019 - 8:27am
Hempie's picture

Using Apple TV 4K 5th generation, Samsung UHD tv, Denon X3500H Receiver, Dali Oberon 7 Speakers

March 29, 2019 - 8:40am
nope54's picture
  Hempie wrote:

I am happy that i am still in trial period and still can cancel before april 7. And head back to kodi

Girl, bye!

March 29, 2019 - 10:29am
mrbojangles's picture

Wow, all this fuss over a small amount of money.
For just over a $1 a week we get something that for me works pretty damn well and a lifetime of updates.
Yeah we’d all like something extra, but for what it does and the price asked i take my hat off to the guys at firecore.

March 29, 2019 - 10:37am
Hempie's picture

March 30, 2019 - 5:45am
Jecht_Sin's picture
  Jecht_Sin wrote:

For example i was playing just before the update a quite heavy 4K HDR movie. Seeking back/forward was a bit of a pain. Now, with that movie, it takes 1-2 seconds, and best of all the audio starts nearly immediately (but I should check other videos regarding the delayed audio issue I had).

I take it back. Most issues I had in v5 are there in v6. Especially the gap in time between the audio and the video after seeking. When I first tried it, it seeked to the position (no matter if +/- 10s, or swiping to the position from the touchpad), it loaded the first screen and then reloaded all video and audio, starting in sync. Last night instead it was exactly like in v5. And some other movies still do take a bit too much to start after seeking a position (my NAD and ATV 4K re wired to the same 1Gbps ethernet switch).

Honestly, if it wasn't for the different icon (which I also switched to a Black background) I would barely notice any difference at all. I was expecting a bit more like a Plex interface, with reviews, actors in the movies and so on. Even the stupid glitch about repainting the custom icons is there!! This doesn't feel like a major upgrade to me, just an excuse to charge extra money (which doesn't affect me having the life subscription. So I am not biased on this particular matter).

Unless there is a new framework, for new features to come, I wouldn't suggest anyone to spend money to go from v5 to v6. I mean, what's really new? The iCloud synching? And then? Sorry, but it's quite a huge disappointment!

March 30, 2019 - 1:38pm
litris's picture
  mrbojangles wrote:

Wow, all this fuss over a small amount of money.
For just over a $1 a week we get something that for me works pretty damn well and a lifetime of updates.
Yeah we’d all like something extra, but for what it does and the price asked i take my hat off to the guys at firecore.

Don't Be fooled I'm with them from AppleTV 2 and nape was for life.

I have Always had to pay again for the new application.

And this time you have to pay to change the logo.

And above in the previous version Pro never fixed the access to the NAS by NFS this last update if it works just when the new version comes out.

You Can See more back post with the NFS issue and problem.

1 whole year without being able to use my folder by NFS that if it worked with Plex with Kodi with DSvideo etc and not with infuse.

And all this paying for the PRO version.

And to top it off, the database was erased every x days.

And Now we are told that our PRO life version is not for life is over now.

I have always spoken very well of this application very well.

Who knows me installed the AppleTV and be able to use it with Synology nas.

But This is going to change because this is already laughing at the user who is allegedly paying for a PRO-life version more expensive than the normal session for a month or a year and the latter if they have free the new version.

I repeat incredible;-)