43 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  March 29, 2019 - 12:19pm
dagiam's picture
Kudos: 0

hi guys,
just to be sure. I see the infuse 6 pro price is 27.99 eur (in Italy). I already have infuse 5 pro and I see from the bundle link that price is 26 eur.

I read a click baiting title "update for free for pro users) and the discount is only of 1.99 eur?

thanks and ciao
d

March 29, 2019 - 3:48pm
litris's picture

I was told it would be free or discounted for users of version 5 Pro.

And I find that I do not have the new free version or even a discount.

I bought all the Pro and lifetime versions.

And now they're forcing me to pay back this is unheard of a robbery.

I Do Not understand why they do this to those of us who trust from the outset in the application and support it.

In The coming year they will return to do the same.

I got a message that tells me I would have the upgrade to version 6 Pro for having the 5 Pro for life.

Now I say no but I have a discount.

I Go to the link and the discount is almost €30!!!

Where's the promised discount?

Attachments: 
  March 29, 2019 - 4:08pm
Spats Colombo's picture
Kudos: 18

I too am confused as to how I update my 5 Pro installation to 6 Pro.

March 29, 2019 - 5:14pm
mstrike's picture
  Spats Colombo wrote:

I too am confused as to how I update my 5 Pro installation to 6 Pro.

By paying the extremely high price.
I bought previous PRO version why should I have to pay again, this is ridiculous!

On top of that, they recommend downloading version 6, which is not playing files 5 Pro does.
Why should we do that, is that even legal?

March 29, 2019 - 5:18pm
Spats Colombo's picture
Kudos: 18

Based om the marketing materials I assume this is just some technical glitch which firecore will have resolved shortly.

March 29, 2019 - 5:35pm
mstrike's picture

If you pay for the lifetime version, you better hope they will not be acquired in less than 5 years.
If you think this might happen, buy a year plan.

This happened to me with NEST.
I bought lifetime camera recording, and once Google acquired them, my plan was finished after a year.
New company, new rules. They lost many customers due to that.

To bad Firecore is skimming existing customers, instead of focusing on bringing new once.
It's time to reach out to few publications and start giving a bad publicity.

March 30, 2019 - 1:14am
thinksinc's picture

I'm a lifetime Infuse 5 Pro user as well and was surprised I had to pay $25 for Infuse Pro 6 on my Apple TV. Thought this was a free upgrade.

March 30, 2019 - 1:22am
nicknick's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 10

Was a free upgrade from Infuse Pro 5 to Infuse 6 not to Infuse Pro 6.
Also the lifetime purchase is misleading and in violation of iTunes T&Cs.

March 30, 2019 - 2:56am
sky4055's picture

Upgrade to Infuse 6 today...for free!

Infuse 6 is a free update for all Infuse Pro subscribers (monthly, yearly, lifetime). Simply visit the App Store and all the new goodies will be ready and waiting for you.

Discounted upgrade options are available for those with the standalone Infuse Pro 5 app. Download the free Infuse 6 app and follow the prompts to upgrade to Pro -or- download the Infuse Pro 6 upgrade bundle.

If you're new to Infuse, you can download Infuse 6 and test drive all the awesome new Pro features for free!

March 30, 2019 - 3:49am
jedgarau's picture
Kudos: 7

I am wondering if some of you may be experiencing issues because you have the incorrect app downloaded. Make sure you have downloaded Infuse 6 (NOT 6 Pro). The app labelled Infuse 6 Pro (or 5 Pro) is stand alone, you pay for just that version of the app and then have to pay again to upgrade. Whereas Infuse 6 (note no word PRO) is upgraded to Pro within the app via subscription or a once off lifetime fee.

March 30, 2019 - 6:13am
dagiam's picture

This is clear. But this was not so clear in previous communications.

We are pro user too. This is not fair.
Then you can say whatever you want

March 30, 2019 - 6:52am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,186

Sorry for the confusion.

In essence, the in-app purhcase options will include all future updates. The standalone paid app would include updates for that specific version only.

If you have the standalone Infuse Pro 5 app, you can get a full credit of your purchase price when upgrading to a lifetime license, or a slightly smaller discount when purchasing the standalone Infuse Pro 6 bundle.

A bit more info on these options can be found here.

https://firecore.com/forum/topic/17587

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

March 30, 2019 - 6:58am
litris's picture

No, don't put the link back because it's not right.

If I'm pro I'm Pro is not a separate app.

Turns Out If you're not Pro you have more advantages.

I went to the link and I appeared a lot of versions:

€52
€42
€38
€27

All put Pro then where is the offer and what is my version that is pro for life and do not charge me again next year.

So that we have Version 5 Pro is Stantalone and has no rights?

And another who buys the normal version and pays a little give the free version to 6 Pro.

I don't know how you eat it.

March 30, 2019 - 7:02am
litris's picture

You think this is clear!!!

Or maybe it's to laugh about the ones we ve trusted since the beginning of you even from appletv 2.

In short, I paid for each of the versions.

So where's the advantage of being a pro for life?

Attachments: 
  March 30, 2019 - 7:09am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,186
  litris wrote:

You think this is clear!!!

Or maybe it's to laugh about the ones we ve trusted since the beginning of you even from appletv 2.

In short, I paid for each of the versions.

So where's the advantage of being a pro for life?

By chance, did you download Infuse Pro 5 using a promo code? If so, that would explain why the bundle pricing is higher, which I agree is confusing. In essence, Apple will credit you with the actual price paid for an app, so if a promo code was used then there wouldn't really be a credit you can use.

With regard to the in-app options. The monthly, yearly, and lifetime options available in the free Infuse 6 app will cover all future updates. Since you're upgrading from Pro v5, you have a discounted lifetime option available - which is the same as the normal lifetime license, just at a lower price.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

March 30, 2019 - 7:29am
litris's picture

No I pay for the 4 Pro and all the others and by the 5 I think so too.

The problem I was told would have a discount that I don't see anywhere.

I'm not telling you this for saying.

But I am in groups and many where I help in configurations and problems.

And always in Appletv recommend and when I configure Nas to customers infuse them amount in their Appletv.

This I assure you that for me is over I will stay with the 5Pro because I have no discount or will be for life that I bought because I see many different prices and then you will say if you bought it one way or another.

If I have infuse 5 Pro I have the Pro because if I did not have it would be free.

And by the way the 5 Pro was the one that has had the most problems was incredible what we have suffered if the 6 Pro happens to him the same alerted that nobody buys it.

That they do not because they will never have help me after a year a week ago I was able to access my films by NFS you can see the open threads.

I could Never use that folder with infuse and suddenly in this last update was fixed just when you salt version 6 that chance.

I said I'll keep the 5 Pro for life and hope so.

And It is true that I will never advise.

I Don't do it for threats, it's because it's true.

You only refer us to the link where more than six different prices appear and no discount as I said last year, you will have a discount for having version 5 Pro.

But now version 5 Pro is no longer Pro is incredible.

I'm sorry I use a translator.

March 30, 2019 - 7:38am
litris's picture

Don't send that link because you don t say anything.

I have the Pro version.

And it turns out if it's not pro you have advantages.

As I said in the forum, I have just recommended that it be infused.

I take the way I do, and I configure them with applettes and advice for any infusion in you, you see Plex or dsvideo.

I assure you this is over.

Now I'm advise Plex because they re gonna pay the same and they're cutting.

And dsvideo is free.

I know you're giving it the same.

But what they've done is amazing.

They'd have to have a little discount.

And we'd still be with the Infuse.

Or charge the same 12,99€ or a minimum.

March 30, 2019 - 9:28am
lucas3d's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4

Hi James,

james wrote:

Sorry for the confusion.
A bit more info on these options can be found here.
https://firecore.com/forum/topic/17587

Thanks for the clarification, I didn't know it was possible to share the in-app pro future with family share using the same Track.tv account.

Regarding the new 6 version, I'm sad to don't see multi-user on Apple TV (multiple Track.tv account, so watching list isn't mess up by my teenager :-), "Rotten Tomatoes ratings" and "Search/browse by actor, director, writer".

Infuse 5 was released end of 2016, I was thinking to get more futures in version 6 after 2 years and a half...

I'm hoping we don't need to wait until Infuse 7 to see it!

March 30, 2019 - 1:28pm
litris's picture

They've marked the thread as "Solved” :-)) Ha Ha Ha

I do not know that the solution has echo that we remain unchanged without free update and without the possibility of getting a discount.

And finally if we buy the version 6 pro will again happen again.

Because Pro version is not pro to use the free to get the updates..

March 30, 2019 - 2:50pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 380
  litris wrote:

They've marked the thread as "Solved” :-)) Ha Ha Ha

I do not know that the solution has echo that we remain unchanged without free update and without the possibility of getting a discount.

And finally if we buy the version 6 pro will again happen again.

Because Pro version is not pro to use the free to get the updates..

Would you prefer an option to purchase once and get all updates for the lifetime of the application?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

March 30, 2019 - 3:07pm
mstrike's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Would you prefer an option to purchase once and get all updates for the lifetime of the application?

Purchasing PRO version once should allow you to get the PRO updates.
Take this Expenses app for example: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-expense...
The same goes for Apple, and my Final Cut Pro version.
Upgrading to PRO version, provides you future PRO updates.

What Infuse is doing is skimming their existing PRO customers instead of focusing on acquiring the new ones.
This means they are not doing well, and these pricing is crazy if they think new users will pay.

March 30, 2019 - 3:28pm
litris's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Clear! that's why I pay for the Pro version I prefer to pay more if I have to worry that some day the month or the year of subcription ends, I do not want to subscribe to an application is adsurdo.

A subcriction is for netflix hbo or another but not for an app that I will use to see my movies and that there are also very good free options.

Even so I bought it for the price and why it was for life.

I do not think anyone pays that barbarity if he sees these messages and knows that any day they will abandon it.

As it has happened to me and to all those who advise, buy everything now and there are many who are calling me.

March 30, 2019 - 3:36pm
NikG's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37
  mstrike wrote:

Purchasing PRO version once should allow you to get the PRO updates.
Take this Expenses app for example: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-expense...
The same goes for Apple, and my Final Cut Pro version.
Upgrading to PRO version, provides you future PRO updates.

What Infuse is doing is skimming their existing PRO customers instead of focusing on acquiring the new ones.
This means they are not doing well, and these pricing is crazy if they think new users will pay.

Infuse Pro 5 is a standalone app though it’s not exactly confusing, where does it say infuse 5 Pro gets future versions(6.7...etc) for free? You should have read what you’re purchasing when buying infuse 5 Pro, it’s perfectly clear to me on this website what you get with each version. It’s easy to blame firecore but you should take responsibility too that you made a mistake in not understanding what you were buying.

I don’t understand why you didn’t buy the free version with in app purchase (subscription payment - monthly, yearly, lifetime) that lets you upgrade to future versions of infuse?

If you don’t want to pay again and again for different versions and just want to pay once then buy the lifetime option in the free version with in app purchases (monthly, yearly, lifetime)

The fact is buy the standalone infuse 6 Pro app if you think it’s worth the price but personally I would buy the lifetime option in the free version of infuse and be done with the payments.

March 30, 2019 - 3:48pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  litris wrote:

Clear! that's why I pay for the Pro version I prefer to pay more if I have to worry that some day the month or the year of subcription ends, I do not want to subscribe to an application is adsurdo.

A subcriction is for netflix hbo or another but not for an app that I will use to see my movies and that there are also very good free options.

Even so I bought it for the price and why it was for life.

I do not think anyone pays that barbarity if he sees these messages and knows that any day they will abandon it.

As it has happened to me and to all those who advise, buy everything now and there are many who are calling me.

Then all you have to do is to download the free version with in app purchases and then purchase the lifetime subscription to the Pro version. Then you'll never have to pay for another version of Infuse.

March 31, 2019 - 3:33pm
mstrike's picture

It is too bad that Moderators and the firecore team don’t want to understand their existing costumers.

Keep saying, buy lifetime now and you will get new versions and it is users fault for not understanding their marketing messages.

Buying lifetime license is like betting on the company for the next 5 years to keep releasing good product. What about if you decide to shout down, or you exit?

You should stop and try looking from users point. I gave you examples of other companies but no comments on that.

March 31, 2019 - 4:09pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  mstrike wrote:

It is too bad that Moderators and the firecore team don’t want to understand their existing costumers.

Keep saying, buy lifetime now and you will get new versions and it is users fault for not understanding their marketing messages.

Buying lifetime license is like betting on the company for the next 5 years to keep releasing good product. What about if you decide to shout down, or you exit?

You should stop and try looking from users point. I gave you examples of other companies but no comments on that.

First, I am a user. I am not an employee of Firecore just as my tagline says. I am just trying to clarify the options for a way to have lifetime upgrades. While it seems that there are some users that didn't understand what they were purchasing there are also many that did take the time to read the options and choose the option that fit their needs.

Worrying about Firecore going out of business is like every other purchase you make through the Apple app store. There is always a chance that any vendor will go out of business or exit the software biz and you would be in the same situation. If you don't trust Firecore to stick around and you still want to use their software then buy the standalone version each major update and then if they go away you'll have the last major release. Otherwise, go with a subscription at the level you feel meets your risk considerations and enjoy all the future upgrades as long as your subscription is active.

March 31, 2019 - 5:35pm
ppasteur's picture

Hi. I have been reading this thread and doing lots of research on this. It is now clear to me that there are the two versions. One Infuse PRO, which is a one time purchase with all of the features and updates within that major version only. The other is NOT called PRO at all. It is either the free version with limited capabilities, or the subscription version with the PRO features unlocked, but NOT called PRO. The subscription version allows updates/upgrades to all future point and version updates. In my ATV4K the app is called Infuse, period. No PRO in the name. But it has all for the features provided in the standalone PRO version. I chose the lifetime subscription both for the upgrades and so I did not need to remember to pay a dollar per month on my credit card.
So, I think the problem is where the PRO designation is applied in discussion. I think it should only be used when writing about the one time purchase standalone version. The subscription versions, well just as subscriptions. As we know that they include the pro (small letters) features.
One is this correct? Two is it helpful?

March 31, 2019 - 5:40pm
thinksinc's picture

This is all super confusing. I assumed that purchasing the "Pro" version meant I was getting all of the features in the Lifetime version that I signed up for. So I was surprised and confused when I saw that I had to pay $25 to get the Pro 6 upgrade on my AppleTV. Now what am I supposed to do, ask Apple for a refund, reinstall the non-pro 5 version, and THEN upgrade "for free" using an in-app feature?

What a mess.

March 31, 2019 - 5:53pm
nicknick's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 10
  ppasteur wrote:

Hi. I have been reading this thread and doing lots of research on this.

This is the sad bit, that you have to research the payment process of an app. Pity, such a good app will get criticised for the complete mess of its business model.

March 31, 2019 - 8:25pm
ppasteur's picture

What is even more sad is that we all seem to think that PRO means better without fully understanding what it means in the context of every purchase.
I buy software at work. When anyone needs a full version of Acrobat, they say and think that they need Acrobat PRO. 90% + only need Standard. Which costs half as much.
So maybe the PRO moniker on the one time purchase, one major version, app should be changed. Maybe just Infuse, with a description of "fully featured" version with updates for only the current major version of the app. Then free, with an available subscription that unlocks all features, making it a full featured version and is eligible for all future updates and upgrades as long as the subscription is in place.

The thing is that this may be confusing, but a bit of careful reading removes the confusion. I am not saying that it cannot be communicated more clearly. But in the end it is up to the buyer to understand what they are paying for... isn't it?

March 31, 2019 - 8:30pm
ppasteur's picture
  thinksinc wrote:

This is all super confusing. I assumed that purchasing the "Pro" version meant I was getting all of the features in the Lifetime version that I signed up for. So I was surprised and confused when I saw that I had to pay $25 to get the Pro 6 upgrade on my AppleTV. Now what am I supposed to do, ask Apple for a refund, reinstall the non-pro 5 version, and THEN upgrade "for free" using an in-app feature?
What a mess.

Yes. Uninstall the "PRO" version f 6. Get a refund. Then install the free version of Infuse 6. Then do an in app purchase for the subscription level that you are comfortable with.

Not too bad really.