43 posts / 0 new / Last post
  March 31, 2019 - 10:48pm
nicknick's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 10
  ppasteur wrote:

Yes. Uninstall the "PRO" version f 6. Get a refund.

Does the refund get processed automatically ?

April 1, 2019 - 5:51pm
ppasteur's picture
Kudos: 0

You will need to contact Apple to get the refund. I think you can start the process though the iTunes interface. I have only done it once a few months ago. I think others can tell you more specifics. There are online instructions too. Search "iTunes refund".

April 2, 2019 - 3:46am
Morien's picture
Kudos: 8

https://m.imore.com/how-to-get-refund-itunes-a...

Those are the instructions for a refund. Nothing is guaranteed.

Team, I understand the upgrade process, but it is pretty complicated for any ESL readers (or even some native speakers). The AppStore description of the Pro app doesn’t mention that it won’t include the follow up version, either (unless I missed it, I did just skim, but that I could miss it is also a problem). I think you can do more to explain this process and certainly not hide it away on the forum.

August 30, 2019 - 5:26pm
Kerildan's picture

Hi all I am new user and already lost with "the price" of the application.

If I understand correctly it's like Office 365 and Office 2019 in my work?

Pro version (for pro use)=

Like Office 2019 we pay once for this version to:

• Avoid the subscription system
  • No major version changes (security upgrade or upgrade only) A major new release that may cause compatibility or other issues and may also take hours if the installation is done on many devices. While the functionality of the new major version is not necessarily interesting for your users

And Firecore (Infuse) can make a discount on the price of the new PRO major release (if they want it Smile )

Suscription version =

Like O365 it's "always update" we pay at mouth or year to:

• Get the latest major releases automatically
  • We pay less but more often (we hope / believe that a new major version will soon be released :))

That's right?

August 30, 2019 - 7:12pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 380
  Kerildan wrote:

Hi all I am new user and already lost with "the price" of the application.

If I understand correctly it's like Office 365 and Office 2019 in my work?

Pro version (for pro use)=

Like Office 2019 we pay once for this version to:

• Avoid the subscription system
  • No major version changes (security upgrade or upgrade only) A major new release that may cause compatibility or other issues and may also take hours if the installation is done on many devices. While the functionality of the new major version is not necessarily interesting for your users

And Firecore (Infuse) can make a discount on the price of the new PRO major release (if they want it Smile )

Suscription version =

Like O365 it's "always update" we pay at mouth or year to:

• Get the latest major releases automatically
  • We pay less but more often (we hope / believe that a new major version will soon be released :))

That's right?

You're close but you're missing the best part, the lifetime subscription. One time pay and you get all future updates including major ones to Infuse. Period. The lifetime subscription gives you all of the pro features and you don't have to worry about making subscription payments after the first and only one.

It's all explained here https://firecore.com/forum/topic/17587

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

August 30, 2019 - 7:22pm
Kerildan's picture

So the dev team have solved the problem to switch of x infuse pro to y infuse pro for free?

August 30, 2019 - 8:01pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  Kerildan wrote:

So the dev team have solved the problem to switch of x infuse pro to y infuse pro for free?

If you're talking about updating major version in the lifetime subscription, yes it works. It never was a problem as far as I know.

Just remember if you by the stand alone pro that's the only major version you get, if you buy version 6 Pro you don't get version 7 for free. You have to download the free version Infuse 6 and then choose the in app purchase to lifetime pro then you will get all minor and major upgrades at no additional charge.

August 30, 2019 - 8:09pm
Kerildan's picture

We need to get a pro version IN APP to have major upgrade for free right?

August 30, 2019 - 8:13pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  Kerildan wrote:

Read the very first paragraph of the post I linked to above https://firecore.com/forum/topic/17587

August 31, 2019 - 1:39pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 52
  Kerildan wrote:

Think of the standalone version of pro as the same as a boxed copy of Microsoft office. You can use it forever but you won’t get the next release. The subscription is like office 365z. You’ll get each new version as it comes out.

November 7, 2019 - 2:02am
Elijahscott82's picture

So let me get this right. I currently have the infuse 6. I see there is a infuse pro 6 in the App Store for 25$.
I paid for a year subscription on the normal 6 infuse.
What are the differences you get with the infuse pro 6? Does it play any files that the normal infuse doesn’t? I have a lot of h.265 files also hdr would the pro handle these different? I don’t know what it’s actually playing on the normal infuse 6 app it won’t tell me if it’s Direct play or anything connect to the plex server. Does the pro give me anything to see more details of what it’s playing besides the top down menu that shows info/video/audio/subtitles? The video tab doesn’t show actual resolution of what it’s playing.

November 7, 2019 - 4:09am
NikG's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 37
  Elijahscott82 wrote:

So let me get this right. I currently have the infuse 6. I see there is a infuse pro 6 in the App Store for 25$.
I paid for a year subscription on the normal 6 infuse.
What are the differences you get with the infuse pro 6? Does it play any files that the normal infuse doesn’t? I have a lot of h.265 files also hdr would the pro handle these different? I don’t know what it’s actually playing on the normal infuse 6 app it won’t tell me if it’s Direct play or anything connect to the plex server. Does the pro give me anything to see more details of what it’s playing besides the top down menu that shows info/video/audio/subtitles? The video tab doesn’t show actual resolution of what it’s playing.

Why not Go to your plex server and check The analysis if it’s direct playing? That’s what I do on my mobile phone. By the way everything direct plays when you have paid for either infuse 6 standalone app or subscription model there’s no transcoding.