4 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  April 7, 2019 - 1:42am
Jecht_Sin's picture
Kudos: 18

Honestly, I thought at least this would have been added in v6! Even lazy Amazon has a much better system now in Prime Video for Apple TV to manage the TV Shows and its seasons (and I quite like it, I must say)!

Here are few ideas:
1 - I don't want to see all the following seasons in the "Unwatched TV Shows" list. For a regular use (i.e. watching the episodes in progression) is TOTALLY useless!!!! Not to mention that it burns the limit of 25 Seasons max in that list.
2 - To implement the above you really need to have a system to jump from a season to another of the same TV Show:
2a - I'd suggest to have Infuse just showing the TV Shows posters then clicking inside one of it there should be a new screen with the next/current episode to watch, and below you may put the seasons' posters.
2b - I'd love to have always an option to go back to just TV Show screen (the root of the tree)

I mean, that's it, really (I mean.. regarding this particular topic). I understand it will take some time to code, but it would be quite more logic, and in line with many other apps (Should I mention Netflix?). Thanks.

April 10, 2019 - 10:54pm
letchu22's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 4

I think what he's describing is simply more intuitive and what you'd naturally come to expect where TV shows are concerned. Plex handles it in a nice way.

April 14, 2019 - 2:31am
Jecht_Sin's picture
Kudos: 18

I forget to mention that when the last episode of a season ends, it should automatically move the the 1st episode of the next season, if any..

Again, personally I'm getting quite fond of the new way Amazon Prime Video implemented this (see screenshot).

Attachments: 
  April 15, 2019 - 5:00am
danemacmillan's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 143

TV Shows navigation is one of those last improvements that would personally make it a challenge to criticize Infuse about anything core. It’s usually one of the talking points I acquiesce when debating others about alternative products and services. I think there’s a number of good implementations out there that are worthwhile emulating or drawing inspiration from.

• Infuse Pro Lifetime