7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  April 11, 2019 - 10:11am
ErikBlues's picture
Kudos: 0

Hello,

Me and my brother use infuse and use the same google drive to stream content.
However, we are not in the same icloud family (to many people, he has his family, I have mine).

When I update movie metadata on my devices, it is not synced to his.

How can I sync the library over google drive or some other tool that will update the library between our devices?

Thanks

April 12, 2019 - 9:18am
itimpi's picture
Kudos: 110

I do not believe that InFuse currently has any capability that will support what you want.

I AM A USER - NOT A FIRECORE EMPLOYEE

April 12, 2019 - 11:37am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,033

Welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately this isn't possible with Infuse at this time.

You will be able to access the same Google Drive videos, but would need to maintain your own library, metadata, watched statuses, etc... The only way around this would be to share a single iCloud login, but I wouldn't recommend doing this.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

April 12, 2019 - 3:42pm
ErikBlues's picture

hm.. So infuse will only work for users sharing the same icloud family?
Why does infuse safe the database in the library when it is able to access a google drive share? wouldn't it make more sense to use the already accessible google drive for that?

April 12, 2019 - 5:56pm
AnonyOne's picture

I second ErikBlues opinion with a twist -
why not store the DB with the media files as an option? this would work for Google / OneDrive / or good old local NAS etc

April 12, 2019 - 6:02pm
ErikBlues's picture

Good idea! At the moment it is not worth paying the subscription for me, but with this feature I would be back with an active subscription.

And as motivation for Firecore team: notice that in these “not family sharing environments” each user needs his own license/subscription, which is more money for developers.

April 19, 2019 - 5:01am
josephkarl's picture

I was also having an issue on the cloud server as the backup was not getting done and I was trying to make the backup of the email files and data, but while doing that, I got outlook 0x8004010f and I have to reinstall the email portal service.