Not sure if any one else has experienced this, and at this stage I'm not sure if it's codec related...
Particular movies just freeze, generally at the start (for two now). Appears to be .mkv format, further codec information unknown. It appears I can skip 30sec forward and it will continue to play, but pauses again at an unknown point, it happened halfway through a movie when it first happened and I just skipped 30sec-1min when it paused but it got frustrating.
- Chromecast 2, hardwire kit (running via eth not wifi)
- Ipad air 2, up to date OS
- Streaming from Synology NAS ds213 w/WD Red drives
- Streaming via smb, logged in with userid and pass
- Have tried upnp streaming (no logging in) but same issue, pause at same point of movie, this interface however sucks (just a directory listing really) and I wouldn't be paying for this app if I had that interface as...
- VLC has similar interface when in that mode, and VLC plays the movie just fine (via upnp at the moment), although on this one tonight threw a ' Performance' error of some sort indicating it would have to do some 'conversion' which may chew the battery.
Any ideas as to what may be up, anything obviously wrong or problematic with my setup!?