44 posts / 0 new / Last post
  May 4, 2019 - 10:07am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383
  denis75 wrote:

I did the nuclear option (deleting icloud data from my Mac), no effect...
Looks like there is a local cache ?
Denis

Have you done all of the other ideas prior to deleting the icloud data? Delete and reinstall the app? Restart both the app and the ATV?

Did you send in a report as James requested?

I wasn't trying to ignore you, just didn't want to muddy the waters with two problems getting mixed up with the original posters issue.

If you delete the app it will delete the settings and files on the ATV. Then when you reinstall it should be fresh.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

May 4, 2019 - 10:18am
Deschain's picture
Kudos: 13
  NC Bullseye wrote:

Have you done all of the other ideas prior to deleting the icloud data? Delete and reinstall the app? Restart both the app and the ATV?

Did you send in a report as James requested?

I wasn't trying to ignore you, just didn't want to muddy the waters with two problems getting mixed up with the original posters issue.

If you delete the app it will delete the settings and files on the ATV. Then when you reinstall it should be fresh.

He has exactly the same problem as me, so his input is very relevant.

May 4, 2019 - 10:29am
NC Bullseye's picture
  Deschain wrote:

He has exactly the same problem as me, so his input is very relevant.

Since James has asked for reports it's best to stick with that and let him decide what avenue to pursue. That's why I edited my post yesterday to postpone the deleting of icloud data until James could look things over and make suggestions.

Didn't say their input wasn't relevant, just wanted to make sure they had seen James' post and had followed his input before continuing with my input. I'd guess that having two reports for the same strange issue may help narrow it down but didn't want to taint the data by one having deleted icloud and the other not.

It may not make any difference but I didn't want to screw up what you had done so far. Heck you've been working through this so well I just want to find out what the heck is going on. Wink

May 5, 2019 - 4:21am
denis75's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 1

Sent report T6RMK

May 5, 2019 - 1:09pm
toegelr's picture
Kudos: 0

I have the same Issued like the poster bevor !
And I have with 6.05 also again the issued that Infuse not show the Artwork of some TV-Show's or load the Data from Thetvdb e.g. Tatort, Mob City, Jericho and many other in Infuse 5 that was not a problem, in Infuse 6.04 and also 6.05 there ist !

May 5, 2019 - 1:51pm
NC Bullseye's picture
  toegelr wrote:

I have the same Issued like the poster bevor !
And I have with 6.05 also again the issued that Infuse not show the Artwork of some TV-Show's or load the Data from Thetvdb e.g. Tatort, Mob City, Jericho and many other in Infuse 5 that was not a problem, in Infuse 6.04 and also 6.05 there ist !

Are you also having problems changing the artwork for favorites? This thread isn't addressing artwork for specific TV shows, it's a problem with being able to change the artwork for favorites on the home screen. If you'd like to start a new thread with examples of file names you have for specific shows we can sure try to figure out what's going on.

May 6, 2019 - 12:14am
toegelr's picture

Yes i have the same Problem with the artwork !
For the Problem with the Metadate not load on some TV-Shows i will write in the existing thread.

May 8, 2019 - 7:50am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,203

This bug has bee resolved for the 6.0.6 update, which we're submitting to Apple today.

Thanks for your patience.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

May 8, 2019 - 7:54am
Deschain's picture
Kudos: 13
  james wrote:

This bug has bee resolved for the 6.0.6 update, which we're submitting to Apple today.

Thanks for your patience.

Takes users serious, acts quick and provide good communication. This is why I stay with Firecore. Lots of companies could learn from this.

August 10, 2019 - 1:34am
Tazintosh's picture

Hi folks,

In december 2016, I've opened a post "Providing a —much— smarter way to set Infuse Favorite artwork" on Firecore Support which is gone for some reason…: https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/communit...

My InFuse 5.x home screen is full of empty greyed stars (default fav icon), providing an awful user experience.
By reading this post and the documentation, looks like this haven't been addressed in 3 years, while Kodi for instance, have this for years. Why should I even think of buying v6 then?

I simply don't understand your position:
• You have access to a complete database of visuals, that you use to autoset covers for all movies, TV Shows, etc.
• Why not simply propose your customers to use such a related image to illustrate its favorites?
• You claim « The most versatile… Automagic Organization… Amazing features come standard » and yet, the only proposed method to illustrate a favorite is that your customer have to add themself in first place an illustration on a folder, that they'll then have to browse, etc. etc. This is a Back In Time method, seriously.
• Picking an image from the database should even be the default behavior so no one is left with this ugly greyed star image.
• I'm not asking to drop your actual feature, I'm just asking to provide ease of use and UI satisfaction to your customers, that would make Infuse deserve even more praise.

Thanks in advance for reading and considering.

August 10, 2019 - 9:50am
NC Bullseye's picture
  Tazintosh wrote:

Hi folks,

In december 2016, I've opened a post "Providing a —much— smarter way to set Infuse Favorite artwork" on Firecore Support which is gone for some reason…: https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/communit...

My InFuse 5.x home screen is full of empty greyed stars (default fav icon), providing an awful user experience.
By reading this post and the documentation, looks like this haven't been addressed in 3 years, while Kodi for instance, have this for years. Why should I even think of buying v6 then?

I simply don't understand your position:
• You have access to a complete database of visuals, that you use to autoset covers for all movies, TV Shows, etc.
• Why not simply propose your customers to use such a related image to illustrate its favorites?
• You claim « The most versatile… Automagic Organization… Amazing features come standard » and yet, the only proposed method to illustrate a favorite is that your customer have to add themself in first place an illustration on a folder, that they'll then have to browse, etc. etc. This is a Back In Time method, seriously.
• Picking an image from the database should even be the default behavior so no one is left with this ugly greyed star image.
• I'm not asking to drop your actual feature, I'm just asking to provide ease of use and UI satisfaction to your customers, that would make Infuse deserve even more praise.

Thanks in advance for reading and considering.

According to the couple of posts above yours it said that the issue was solved in version 6.0.6 so maybe you might want to at least try a free trial of version 6? It may meet your needs a bit better than version 5.

August 10, 2019 - 10:24am
Tazintosh's picture

Well, according to my test right now on iOS (I already tested it the day v6 came out…), what I'm asking for is still not available.
Cannot test tvOS at the moment, but referring to the help, it's still not supported.

Did I misexpressed myself or did you read my post a bit too fast?

I'm proposing that Infuse either default autoset or at least propose me a list of visuals to pick from to use as favorite artwork, thus avoiding the actual completely odd workflow.

August 10, 2019 - 10:40am
NC Bullseye's picture
  Tazintosh wrote:

Well, according to my test right now on iOS (I already tested it the day v6 came out…), what I'm asking for is still not available.
Cannot test tvOS at the moment, but referring to the help, it's still not supported.

Did I misexpressed myself or did you read my post a bit too fast?

I'm proposing that Infuse either default autoset or at least propose me a list of visuals to pick from to use as favorite artwork, thus avoiding the actual completely odd workflow.

I don't think I read too fast. You posted in a thread that discussed a specific problem "Infuse 6.0.4 / 6.0.5 bug". This problem was marked as solved with version 6.0.6 and you are having a problem with 5.X. I just suggested you try the latest version to see if your specific suggestion may be partially addressed and then you could start a thread in the suggestions sub forum requesting specific changes to the current version, 6.1.4.

I see you duplicated your post under a new thread so that one would probably be best to continue since this thread is solved for the original poster and you'll get better views on your new one. Just a suggestion.