9 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  May 11, 2019 - 8:13pm
oantby's picture
Kudos: 6

Same issue as topic 19845, but in suggestions, since it didn't seem to get traction there.

In every other apple TV app I know of, I can tap my way up and down a list to my heart's delight. This is my preferred method of getting around menus, as I can do so faster than the swipe-based tracking can move me around. In infuse, however, this jumps me to the top or bottom of a list. This is especially frustrating when I can tap left or right with no issues, but can't tap up or down.

Can we please get a setting to switch the double tap functionality to align with most other apps?

May 13, 2019 - 10:10am
Tom1102's picture
Kudos: 7
  oantby wrote:

Can we please get a setting to switch the double tap functionality to align with most other apps?

Yes please!
I HATE this double tap stupid thing since it was first introduced...
I never got used to it and don't think I ever will, since it's the ONLY tvOS app that behaves this way.
I'm used to fast tapping on every other app but then I use Infuse and it behaves differently and I absolutely hate it.

May 14, 2019 - 5:10am
thierrym's picture
Kudos: 16

Totally agree: it might be convenient to some, but to some others, it is more annoying than useful.

May 18, 2019 - 3:32pm
basskitten's picture
Kudos: 1

+1. I find it way more annoying than helpful.

May 18, 2019 - 5:51pm
EricTheRed's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 2

+1. I hate this feature. It behaves unlike every other Apple TV app. I want to tap as fast as i can to go down a list one at a time.

May 18, 2019 - 11:47pm
NeonKitten's picture
Kudos: 2

Please, please, please add this option. I was scouring this forum looking for reports of what I assumed was a UI bug, because I have never seen any other Apple TV app behave this way. I was about to post a thread on the Apple TV forum reporting this as a frustrating bug until I chanced across this.

Like many, I have become accustomed to just quickly tapping down-down-down to navigate through long screens. I guess it does explain why if I tapped and then thought about life for a few seconds before tapping again, everything worked as it's meant to on the Apple TV Wink

Nothing wrong with special "custom" UI variations, but they should never be the default.

May 19, 2019 - 3:58pm
Nimh's picture

Created an account just to +1 this, please make this a toggle. I just want to tap as fast as I can to scroll down a list, I never asked for it to jump to the bottom. Thanks for the great software!

June 4, 2019 - 1:02pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,099

This change is now available in Infuse 6.0.8.

Double-tap to jump to top/bottom has been removed.

The option to scroll 'over-the-top' and 'under-the-bottom' remains. This means you can quickly get to the bottom by tapping up from the top row, or get to the top by tapping down from the bottom row.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

June 4, 2019 - 1:05pm
basskitten's picture
  james wrote:

This change is now available in Infuse 6.0.8.

Double-tap to jump to top/bottom has been removed.

The option to scroll 'over-the-top' and 'under-the-bottom' remains. This means you can quickly get to the bottom by tapping up from the top row, or get to the top by tapping down from the bottom row.

THANK YOU!!!