2 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  May 14, 2019 - 5:39pm
Z1839's picture
Kudos: 0

Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is the right subreddit to post this on, so feel free to redirect me if you think there would be a better sub to ask.

I'm using Infuse on my ipad and trying to get file sharing set up with my Macbook pro. I set it up fine, with the one folder I want to share in the "file sharing" setting on my macbook pro enabled. The thing is, when I go into infuse and open the shared folder, it's showing a lot of other folders available for sharing even though I just have one folder enabled for file sharing on my MBP.

If anyone knows how to limit the sharing to just that one folder I would appreciate if you could help me out.

May 15, 2019 - 2:02pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,060

Welcome to the forum!

There are a few ways to do this, and which to use just depends on the level of control you're looking for.

Option 1
If you just want to make Infuse easier to use (so you can avoid seeing a lot of extra unrelated folders) you can create a Favorite for a folder on your Mac. Doing this will allow you to jump right into that folder from the Files tab. Infuse will also be able to limit its scanning, so it only looks in this folder for videos when setting up your Library.

To create a favorite, simply use the Files tab to browse your Mac, navigate inside the folder you want to have as a favorite, and select the 'Add to Favorites' option found under the 3 dots menu in the top right. This will add a new icon for this folder to the Files tab, and videos from this Favorite will start appearing in the Library.

Option 2
If you want to have a hard limit about which folders/files you have access to in Infuse, you'll want to create a new user on your Mac and enable access to only the folder(s) you want to see in Infuse. You can then create a new share, and add the directory path to the share address. EG MacBook.local/Movies This will prevent Infuse from accessing any files outside of the Movies folder.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!