8 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  May 23, 2019 - 10:20pm
OldSchoolHeel's picture
Kudos: 6

Hello, FTP has stopped working for Infuse for my iPhone, but our ATVs and iPads have no issue with it. It started 4 days ago just on my iPhone.

I can use SMB but it’s created duplicates of all my content on the other devices.

May 28, 2019 - 11:10am
OldSchoolHeel's picture
  OldSchoolHeel wrote:

Hello, FTP has stopped working for Infuse for my iPhone, but our ATVs and iPads have no issue with it. It started 4 days ago just on my iPhone.

I can use SMB but it’s created duplicates of all my content on the other devices.

Let's hope SMB does the trick.

May 29, 2019 - 8:06pm
zont4's picture
Kudos: 2

Both ipad and apple tv apps (infuse pro 6) can’t play video from NAS. Thanks guys, for you “improved FTP connection”
infuse 5 still working

May 30, 2019 - 2:19pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,080
  zont4 wrote:

Both ipad and apple tv apps (infuse pro 6) can’t play video from NAS. Thanks guys, for you “improved FTP connection”
infuse 5 still working

Sorry.

As a first step, can you double-check to ensure the correct username and password are entered for this share? 6.0.7 included a few fixes for how these are saved, though in some cases these may need to be re-entered.

If that doesn't help, and you have a moment to send in a quick report from your device, we'd be happy to take a look.

https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

May 30, 2019 - 3:24pm
OldSchoolHeel's picture
  zont4 wrote:

infuse 5 still working

Can you check the address field and see if it's correct?

As of right now, I have FTP working. This is after days of troubleshooting and talking to email support. I appreciate the help they give, but nothing resolved my issue. They told me to just use SMB. I tried to just use SMB, but I was still getting buffering issues with 4K.

I would sign into FTP through "Available Shares>Media(FTP)>then fill out my information>" My content would show up and collect metadata, but would error out whenever I tried to play it. I tried uninstalling the app and everything I've read here and everything that was suggested to me, but nothing. One thing I noticed is that my address under the FTP setting would keep changing to "homemedia.local." No matter what I tried, it kept changing to this. Finally, I went to "Others>Protocol FTP" and it stopped changing my address and my FTP content started working. It's been about 18 hours now without any issues. But man, Infuse has been a bag of issues since updating to the 6.0 update. I'm not only dealing with my own stuff, but my family and friends who I talked into subscribing to Infuse, which makes it more frustrating.

Also, I had to turn off iCloud sync. I can't get FTP to work with that on.

On a positive note, with FTP working, I haven't had the issue with buffering that I had with 6.0-6.0.6, my folders are loading much faster, icons are displaying as I scroll, instead of slowly loading in, and BDMV folders and ISO's are loading very quickly. So there are definitely some improvements, but they can mean little when you can't play your content.

June 3, 2019 - 1:47pm
james's picture
Staff

Sorry, there's an issue in 6.0.7 which is affecting FTP in some network setups.

We're working to submit a fix to Apple ASAP.

https://firecore.com/comment/99489#comment-99489

June 3, 2019 - 5:53pm
OldSchoolHeel's picture
  james wrote:

Sorry, there's an issue in 6.0.7 which is affecting FTP in some network setups.

We're working to submit a fix to Apple ASAP.

https://firecore.com/comment/99489#comment-99489

Thanks for the reply, James. If this helps, if I had iCloud sync on, the name would get changed to homemedia.local, after a day or so. Without iCloud sync on, it doesn't change on its own. I forgot to turn iCloud sync off on my iPad and kept having this issue, but not on the devices that sync was disabled.

Also, I always used the ip address. I've never used the dns name with FTP.

Looking forward to the fix.

June 4, 2019 - 1:03pm
james's picture
Staff

The fix for this is available in 6.0.8 which was just approved, and is now rolling out on the App Store.

Thanks for your patience. Smile