6 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  May 24, 2019 - 1:44am
maisen20's picture
Kudos: 3

Hello

I know there are threads about that issue but on infuse 6 pro there's no solution for this issue!?
When i'm @home and connected to my home-network everything just works fine.

When i'm away and connected to my home-network over VPN (fritzbox) all other services/connections to my home-network are working fine, but why is infuse 6 pro unable to stream any video!? It seems there's no connection, the app/library isn't checking for changes too.

Has someone a solution for this or a workaround?

Thank you and best regards
Marcel

May 31, 2019 - 3:13pm
maisen20's picture

Am i the only one with the VPN problem?!

June 3, 2019 - 1:39pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,114

Are you able to connect via SMB using other apps while using your VPN?

It looks like remote access for certain ports (including the default SMB port of 445) may be disabled (https://en.avm.de/service/fritzbox/fritzbox-75...) but in Infuse 6.0.7 you can specify a custom port for SMB, which may allow this to work.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

June 4, 2019 - 1:24am
maisen20's picture

Hello james

Thank you for your help!
You're right, was not able to connect to SMB with other apps/services.
So i removed sharing over SMB and added a new sharing over NFS with the IP of my NAS.

Now i can watch movies over VPN outside my network.

June 4, 2019 - 12:12pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,114

Great! Grin

Thanks for following-up.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

June 17, 2019 - 4:50am
longdistancecaller's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi, thought I would post here give one possible explanation for this problem, which affected me the same way as the OP. I added an SMB share from my QNAP NAS to Infuse, which worked fine while connected over the home network but didn't work over VPN (OpenVPN). When I looked into it, I had added the share from the "Available Shares" section of the Add Files dialogue, which works over Bonjour/zeroconf. So the share had an address of the form [sharename].local. Unfortunately that address can't be resolved over VPN in most configurations, because multicast DNS packets aren't passed to the VPN client. So the share worked at home but not over VPN. Changing the share to use the NAS IP directly fixed the problem same as the OP, but it's not an SMB or Infuse problem (i.e. changing to NFS was just a coincidence). In theory you can set up the VPN to work with Bonjour, but it's probably more hassle than its worth.