1 post / 0 new
#1  June 11, 2019 - 1:45pm
BoutTime's picture
Kudos: 1

Just discovered this amazing app after buying my first apple device in over 10 years. It’s a 2018 iPad Pro.

I have been using Plex as a lifetime subscriber for a number of years but the way you it handles 4K films and PGS subtitles is pretty pathetic. Most servers do not have the capability to transcode 4K smoothly. The way Infuse makes use of my iPads hardware is fantastic and it’s integration with Plex is a revelation for me. BUT.........

What I would really like to see is the ability to prioritise audio tracks by codec. For instance my 4K rips have a default Dolby TrueHD 7.1 1st track and an AC3 5.1 2nd track. Infuse can make use of both but strangely the AC3 track sounds much better. The TrueHD track is quieter and less immersive which I’m assuming is because of local transcoding by Infuse on the iPad.

So I’d like to be able to tell Infuse to always play the AC3 5.1 track (if there is one) instead of the 7.1 TrueHD track for all films. It would be good to be able to drag codec and channel options up and down a list to show preference.

Or an option to have Infuse inspect the file for available audio tracks and select the one that can be played natively without any conversion? So in the case of my 4K films ignore TrueHD 7.1 and play AC3 5.1 instead.

Cheers.