5 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  June 18, 2019 - 6:02pm
OldSchoolHeel's picture
Kudos: 6

I'm at my wits end here. We just sat down to watch a movie together, so I turned on the ATV, click on Infuse, then my library icons doubled. I go to Shares, and under Saved Shares there's another FTP share with the exact name as my original share. I removed the one that I thought was the dublicate and am now waiting for my metadata to download, again. I click on some of the folders and some of them work and some of them don't, even though they are on the same drive. I had to go through and re-add the folders that don't work. I then go and check out my share and the FTP address has changed from my numeric IP address to homemedia.local, which is what was happening before the update to fix it.

June 18, 2019 - 7:31pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 359

Do you have more than one device ATV, iPhone, iPad etc using the same apple ID and also running infuse? Just wondering if it's pulling the ftp address from another device that didn't have the numerical address but the network name instead.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

June 19, 2019 - 9:11am
OldSchoolHeel's picture

I do have more than one device with the same account and Infuse, but I've never entered that address to gain access through FTP. The difference between now and the previous problem is that now I can change my address back without it being overridden. I've gone through my other devices and they have the correct address.

June 19, 2019 - 9:56am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 359

Since you've gone through and verified that all devices have the correct numerical address has it gone through a complete sync to iCloud? I've had it take over 30 minutes to complete an icloud sync and then show the "Last Updated..." message on the library settings screen.

If it is reverting to the .local address now since you corrected it, how long is it working before it does change?

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

June 19, 2019 - 10:29am
OldSchoolHeel's picture

“Since you've gone through and verified that all devices have the correct numerical address has it gone through a complete sync to iCloud? “

Yes, I did this last night.

”If it is reverting to the .local address now since you corrected it, how long is it working before it does change?”

I didn’t state that it has done it again since correcting it yesterday. Before the most recent update, it was a common issue that made FTP unusable, because it kept defaulting to .local no matter how many times I changed it. Now, it did the same thing as before, but, so far, only once. That was yesterday. It hasn’t forced FTP to use .local since correcting everything, but it’s frustrating that it even did it this one time. Given the previous history I’m just concerned that it’s going to happen again and again.

Edit: Thanks for the help. I'm just going to stop using Infuse. It has been a point of contention for months now and it's not worth the constant hassle for me. I was using it a bit ago with no issue, but I turn it back on a few minutes ago and the library tab was gone and a bunch of things were added to my favorites list, like unwatched in movies and TV, genres, etc. I only keep recently added and my folders, including the main library tab, on the home screen. None of my other devices have a setup like that and I don't have any unusual devices attached to my Apple ID.