10 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  June 25, 2019 - 7:55pm
kyteflyer's picture
Kudos: 0

I've found that I can edit some folders but not others, not sure why this is, I can edit them on the computer, and from a networked computer, so its not about permissions, but I cannot edit within Infuse... The reason I want to, is that Infuse is not finding the correct metadata for the 2003 version of Battlestar Galactica. Instead, it wants to display the original series, and I cannot do anything about it. Frustrating The folder is named Battlestar Galactica (2003) and all entries are appropriately named according to convention. The name is available within metadata from someplace else, and if only I could edit the folder as displayed on Infuse, I'm sure the rest would follow.

Any suggestions appreciated!!

June 25, 2019 - 8:05pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 366

Could you provide a sample of how you have the actual files named and how are you connected to the share, SMB, FTP, DLNA?

Infuse allows you to name favorites and shares but it doesn't allow you to modify the names of series folders so you'll have to make the necessary changes on the server itself.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

June 25, 2019 - 11:23pm
kyteflyer's picture

Sadly, the folder on the server is already named as I want it (and as normally expected) as Battlestar Galactica (2003). Infuse refuses to name its folder that way, instead calling it Battlestar Galactica and hauling in the metadata for that original series.

As far as not being allowed to edit folder metadata... I can do that for other folders, but not for this, and a couple of others which are behaving as they should, anyway. I did not mean to imply that I wanted to edit the NAME of the folder... just its metadata. If I could find the right series in a metadata list, Infuse would then change the name of the folder to be what it should be,BUT Edit Metadata is not an option for me. When I click-hold on the name of the series... no response. No menu. Nothing.

SMB connection + log in to my Mac Mini + external drive which I have always used. Nothing unusual there.

June 26, 2019 - 12:16am
kyteflyer's picture

Random comment. Infuse 4 has no problem with identifying BSG correctly. Pro 5 can't do it either.

June 26, 2019 - 7:26am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 366

How do you have the individual video files named? That is what the metadata fetch is based on.

I did a test folder and files yesterday and it pulled the correct metadata with a problem, I didn't even have to do a manual edit it found the right one on it's own.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

June 26, 2019 - 12:31pm
kyteflyer's picture
  NC Bullseye wrote:

How do you have the individual video files named? That is what the metadata fetch is based on.

I did a test folder and files yesterday and it pulled the correct metadata with a problem, I didn't even have to do a manual edit it found the right one on it's own.

Hi, thanks for getting back to me. I have the files named thus: Battlestar.Galactica.2003.SxExx and so on. I've also tried it without the 2003, with using brackets (as per the folder), with adding a dash instead of the period, or a colon. I have tried it with no periods at all. At my wits end. Infuse 4 is able to detect the correct series. Infuse 5 Pro cannot (though it could, in its early iterations). Infuse 6 is what's infuriating me now. And, as I said, there is no issue with other series I have, even with being able to get at the metadata.

Attachments: 
  June 26, 2019 - 1:12pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,133

Are you browsing via favorite folders on your Apple TV? If so, do you see the words 'Local Metadata' in the upper right corner while inside any of these folders?

Also, have you tried using the edit metadata option? On Apple TV, you can do this by opening one of the episodes and selecting the Edit option. This should allow you to choose the correct series name, and that selection will automatically apply to all other episodes.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

June 26, 2019 - 1:46pm
kyteflyer's picture
  james wrote:

Are you browsing via favorite folders on your Apple TV? If so, do you see the words 'Local Metadata' in the upper right corner while inside any of these folders?

I've just been through and changed everything to read 2004 instead of 2003 (went to TMdb and found thats what its named there). Made no difference in the TV shows section, in fact took it all out and threw it into "Other". In the Favourites folder, the series exists as its supposed to (no posters though? Not for any of them?) I use list view, its my preferred way to find my stuff.

james wrote:

Also, have you tried using the edit metadata option? On Apple TV, you can do this by opening one of the episodes and selecting the Edit option. This should allow you to choose the correct series name, and that selection will automatically apply to all other episodes.

Thanks for that James Smile So whats happened now, is that in doing that, it was able to find the correct series and name it correctly... but it left season 1 in "other" and basically refused to have anything to do with it. So now I have gone back and renamed S1 with 2003 and it all seems to be working. What a schemozzle. I don't get why it was easy for Infuse 4 to find and name correctly, but 5 and 6 could not.

Thanks for your help Smile

June 26, 2019 - 1:49pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,133

Glad you got it sorted out!

For future reference, Infuse uses TMDb for movies and TheTVDb for TV series. It looks like TheTVDb does in fact show the 2003 date for this series.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

June 26, 2019 - 1:54pm
kyteflyer's picture
  james wrote:

Glad you got it sorted out!

For future reference, Infuse uses TMDb for movies and TheTVDb for TV series. It looks like TheTVDb does in fact show the 2003 date for this series.

Thats what I thought, and it was named with 2003 from the beginning, when it refused to find anything but the original 1978 series. Anyway, I'll go through and rename everything. Next issue is what to do with the 2 part Mini series, which ended up as a movie on my DVDs. LOL. I'll check in the TVdb. Thanks again Smile