52 posts / 0 new / Last post
  October 5, 2019 - 2:34pm
iMacProUser's picture
Kudos: 2

Very interesting! I guess the riddle is solved then.

October 8, 2019 - 9:48pm
Rory1's picture
Kudos: 3

Dealing with this issue now as well. Can't seem to get permissions. I can access shares that are on my main drive, but I cannot access any of the shares that are on external drives.

October 8, 2019 - 10:24pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383
  Rory1 wrote:

Dealing with this issue now as well. Can't seem to get permissions. I can access shares that are on my main drive, but I cannot access any of the shares that are on external drives.

So are you using the public beta as the original poster was or are you using the released version? Have you tried the suggestions in post #31 of this thread here https://firecore.com/comment/102823#comment-10...

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

October 8, 2019 - 11:15pm
Rory1's picture
Kudos: 3
  NC Bullseye wrote:

So are you using the public beta as the original poster was or are you using the released version? Have you tried the suggestions in post #31 of this thread here https://firecore.com/comment/102823#comment-10...

Apologies. I had tried that originally before I read this thread and it didn't work. But tried again and full disk access for smbd finally showed up and now things are working again.

Thanks

October 9, 2019 - 5:16am
Shylock's picture
Kudos: 1
  iMacProUser wrote:

Ok, got it Smile

The solution that works for me is to give full disk access to Apple's Samba implementation, located at /usr/sbin/smbd .

Doing that is a bit tricky though, too! I first used the Finder's "Go to folder" menu option to navigate to the /usr directory. Then I dragged the sbin folder to the Finder sidebar. Then in System preferences, go to Security & Privacy, and Full Disk Access, and add the smbd program (which you now can reach from the file selection dialog via the sidebar).

So happy I can use Infuse again to organise my movie library Grin

Hi, it works when I followed this comment. Btw, for external drive, this problem would only happen in ExFat format drive, NTFS is woking as normal.

October 9, 2019 - 2:25pm
rickrebo's picture
Kudos: 0

Just updated to the released version of Catalina on my iMac. Now ATV4 Infuse cannot access any of my shares. I have verified that the iMac external volumes are being shared.

October 9, 2019 - 3:51pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 52

You’ll have to grant smbd the proper access rights. See the posts above on how to do it.

October 9, 2019 - 7:48pm
rickrebo's picture

Thanks. Post 36 worked for me.

October 10, 2019 - 5:35am
SKULL0900's picture
  JarvisMeier wrote:

You’ll have to grant smbd the proper access rights. See the posts above on how to do it.

where can I find smbd
I looked everywhere

October 10, 2019 - 7:58am
rickrebo's picture

Look at post #36 for the instructions on how to find smbd.

October 10, 2019 - 3:02pm
SKULL0900's picture
  rickrebo wrote:

Look at post #36 for the instructions on how to find smbd.

many thanks it worked

October 10, 2019 - 4:06pm
kennethandrefossaa's picture

Post 36 worked for me too Smile
Plex worked, so strange only Infuse is having this issue

October 10, 2019 - 5:28pm
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 52
  kennethandrefossaa wrote:

Post 36 worked for me too Smile
Plex worked, so strange only Infuse is having this issue

Plex Server doesn’t use SMB to access to drives. You’d run into the same problem trying to access them with a windows computer or another player such as Kodi.

October 10, 2019 - 5:50pm
kennethandrefossaa's picture

I know they use separate method to access drivers
My point is that this solution is something a homebrew app is using and not a solution for an app people including me have paid for. Annoying to have to turn in to hacker man just because the computer have been updated 🤪. This issue should have been properly addressed during the beta testing by the developers

October 10, 2019 - 7:34pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383
  kennethandrefossaa wrote:

I know they use separate method to access drivers
My point is that this solution is something a homebrew app is using and not a solution for an app people including me have paid for. Annoying to have to turn in to hacker man just because the computer have been updated 🤪. This issue should have been properly addressed during the beta testing by the developers

You may want to re-read this thread. Sounds like there were issues in the early betas of Catalina that were addressed in the GM beta version and appeared to be fixed for most. The developers can only fix what they can reproduce as broke and without input from beta testers it makes it nearly impossible to cover every possible scenario of possible combinations of settings for transfer protocols. I'd be hard pressed not to blame Apple for the issues since their update broke what was working with prior versions. At least the issues were figured out and fixable.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

October 12, 2019 - 11:47am
hronnie's picture

I tried several ways to solve this issue and finally I removed Infuse and reinstalled it and it worked without any problems.

October 13, 2019 - 9:23am
paul34949's picture

This may be helpful for someone who has been unable to connect to a network drive using SMB. I found a very simple solution.

I have a local network that includes a Mac mini server with an attached USB drive, and after upgrading to MacOS Catalina I was unable to mount the drive from any computer on the network.

I found many posts on various forums that reported the problem but none of the suggested "solutions" solved the problem for me. (And on one forum I was even chastised for reporting the ineffectiveness of two suggested solutions.)

Here's how I solved the problem:

On the Mac mini server I displayed the Info window for the attached USB drive and selected "Shared folder".

Now I'm able to access the drive from my other computers in the network.

October 16, 2019 - 8:18pm
MarkBC's picture

I also had this problem and have solved it thanks to some of the suggestions in this thread.

My Infuse Pro was working fine until a week or so ago. Suddenly Infuse could still see my Shares and Favourites, but as soon as I tried to access any of them, Infuse would go into an unending wait (like more than 30 minutes) or if I tried to delete and recreate a share it would tell me I didn't have permission to access the files.

I did not connect this to the Calalina upgrade until reading this thread. (In my case the upgrade was from latest pubic release Mac OS to public release Catalina.) I had already tried rebooting all devices (Apple TV, router, Mac) because my network addresses had recently changed (due to switching from a router-modem combo to separate router and modem). That didn't change anything.

Another symptom.... the issue wasn't just with Infuse. Another Mac in the house could not see the files on that system either. In fact, it could not even connect to the share. And the Sharing panel of System Preferences on the serving Mac would also freeze (the Sharing panel options would continue to work, but I could not close the panel or back out in any way - something is/was very wrong).

What finally solved it for me was the following:
0) Before today I found that somehow (during the upgrade?) my system's share name had been changed from Topaz.local to Topaz_3.local. I changed it back but that alone didn't fix anything.

The rest is what I did today.
1) Turn off and back on all aspects of File Sharing on the serving mac, including turning off and back on the identified user.
2) Reboot the serving Mac.
3) Reboot the client Mac.
4) At this point my client Mac started being able to connect to the serving Mac and see the files under the shares.
5) I checked and Infuse is working again. I can create shares and access the files under the shares.

Hope this helps others.

Mark BC

October 18, 2019 - 11:54am
ppsky001's picture

我已经解决好这个问题了。
1、重置MAC的共享账户的密码
在“系统偏好设置-用户与群组”,更改密码,如果你是“仅供共享”账户,在左下角解锁后重置密码。
2、重新绑定“windows文件共享”账号
在“系统偏好配置-共享-文件共享-选项-Windows文件共享”,关闭勾选的账户,再勾选上,并输入密码,重新绑定,就可以正常使用infuse了。

测试的时候我发现,在windows文件共享里,你可以关闭勾选账户,但是你再勾选这个账户的时候,输入一样的密码居然会提示“密码不正确”,然后重置该账户密码(重置成一样的密码)就解决了。

以下是机器翻译,如果写的不对,请高手修改下。

I have solved the problem.
1. Reset the password of Mac's shared account
In "system preferences - users and groups", change the password. If you are a "share only" account, reset the password after unlocking in the lower left corner.

1. Rebind the "windows file sharing" account
    In "system preference configuration - share - file share - Options - Windows file share", close the checked account, check it again, enter the password and rebind it, then you can use the infuse normally.

During the test, I found that in Windows file sharing, you can close the checked account, but when you check this account again, the same password will prompt "incorrect password", and then reset the account password (reset to the same password) to solve the problem.

October 24, 2019 - 12:59pm
gsulshski's picture

Post #36 worked for me along with the following ...
I upgraded to Catalina and hadn't used Infuse for at least a week prior.

I noticed in Infuse 6.2, that I didn't have access to my library/share. I used SMB (Legacy) as the method.

I updated my shares but had the problem that the userid/password wasn't right when using infuse 6.2.

I had an external hard drive shares.

I followed #36 and it worked.

October 27, 2019 - 4:05am
jamesv.0957's picture

Simply unchecking then re-checking File Sharing fixed this problem for me.