4 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  July 1, 2019 - 10:16am
ralphdov's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi,

Due to a lack of space on my 64G apple TV, TVOS has removed all the infused cache to make room. I had the bad surprise of opening infuse and ending up with a completely empty library.

I have 2 questions :

• Apple TV is a "Streaming device", meaning that storage is used only to store application but not the content. Is it possible to have an option in the futur to stream all metadata and artwork from an external storage (icloud, NAS, ...) ? After all, Netflix and all other movies/TV show app does not store any metadata or artwork in the apple TV storage.
  • I had to wait for infuse to get all metadata and artwork again, an I had to apply same correction again. I am using Infuse 5 pro. Will the icloud library synchronization feature in Infuse 6 pro solve this problem ?

NB : the reason why my Apple TV ran out of space is because of the photo screensaver. I activated a screensaver on an album containing more than 10 000 photos. The Apple TV screensaver fills the storage with the photos it reads and stores them in storage instead of purging them. I hope Apple will fix that one day.

Thank you for your help

July 1, 2019 - 11:36am
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 366

The current version of Infuse Pro 6 or Infuse 6 with an active subscription will sync the textual metadata as well as corrections you have made to iCloud as long as you have iCloud sync turned on in the settings. It doesn't store the artwork in iCloud (yet) but this does speed up the recovery of metadata since it comes from your icloud account.

I've had it reload a few times since it started with iCloud and it's a heck of an improvement for the textual data and makes the artwork fetch a lot more tolerable.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

July 1, 2019 - 1:37pm
ralphdov's picture
Kudos: 0

Thank you for your comment. I was wondering if there was any reason to upgrade the Infuse 6 Pro. I guess this is a good reason.
I hope fire core will add artwork as well in a futur version

July 1, 2019 - 2:22pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 366
  ralphdov wrote:

Thank you for your comment. I was wondering if there was any reason to upgrade the Infuse 6 Pro. I guess this is a good reason.
I hope fire core will add artwork as well in a futur version

Yup, I'm waiting too but it's going to be a double edged sword. If your library is one of the larger ones the graphics can really expand your iCloud usage. I'm ready to bite the bullet though and subscribe to a larger icloud storage amount. It may still take some time to reload things but it's darn sure faster from iCloud than it is from the original sources.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•