9 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  July 4, 2019 - 12:51am
thierrym's picture
Kudos: 17

Thank you for the introduction of Plex collections, this is a great addition. And they keep the advanced options set in Plex (sort order and collection mode)!!

It seems however that they are only visible in Infuse's Library.

On my Plex Server, I have several Plex libraries : "Movies", "Movies for kids", "TV Shows", "TV Shows for kids"..., which I favorite in Infuse, so that I can access them directly. Unfortunately, collections do not appear when I browse these favorites. Would be great if they could appear there as well.

July 4, 2019 - 1:03am
joro_abv's picture
Kudos: 5

+100
I have exactly the same setup and so - the same issue. Since Infuse library (sadly and disappointingly) does not reflect the Plex libraries, the only way to have everything sorted properly is to simply not use the Infuse library feature at all ... and then this problem. I even thought initially that the collections feature does not work at all and then noticed that they appear only in the Infuse library only for some unknown and illogical reason.

July 4, 2019 - 12:47pm
elchupete's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 89

This was heavily under discussion during Testphase. It was the case, that Plex Collection showed up as Folder when the Plex Libraries where browsed. This caused more confusion than it was pleasing.

@James please correct me, if I am talking nonsense, but it was decided not to mix movies and collections and that Plex collections will be able to add as a favorite in a future release. For now, Infuse reads the Plex collection and integrates them via its own library

July 5, 2019 - 8:07am
thierrym's picture
Kudos: 17

Thanks for the explanation.

I don’t understand how showing collections in favorited Plex libraries would be confusing: what was the reaction of testers?

I understand that Infuse does not want to add too many options to keep things straight, but maybe throw one would be useful.

July 5, 2019 - 9:33am
joro_abv's picture
Kudos: 5
  thierrym wrote:

Thanks for the explanation.

I don’t understand how showing collections in favorited Plex libraries would be confusing: what was the reaction of testers?

I understand that Infuse does not want to add too many options to keep things straight, but maybe throw one would be useful.

Fully agree. In the current situation Infuse both does not handle collections in Plex libraries as favorites and in the same time does not handle Plex multi-libraries structure in it's own library. So in short - the Plex collections feature is basically non existent. I can't say which feature I miss more, though. If you ask me - you better go for adding multiple libraries support (at last), including support for mirroring Plex multi-library structure in Infuse library. And there you go - you hit two rabbits with one bullet.

July 5, 2019 - 10:18am
7evin's picture
Kudos: 0

When can we have an MCU collection? Or the ability to make our own custom Collection or (playList)?

July 5, 2019 - 6:18pm
CDubs's picture
Kudos: 6
  thierrym wrote:

Thank you for the introduction of Plex collections, this is a great addition. And they keep the advanced options set in Plex (sort order and collection mode)!!

It seems however that they are only visible in Infuse's Library.

I see Collections in “Library”, “All Movies”, and I’ve even added a Favorite item that is just Collections.

I have 2 issues.
1st - My sort order does not work. It uses release date for everything
2nd - any movie that is part of a collection does not show up in my “library” or “All Movies”. Even though all my collections are set to Hide collection in Plex.

July 9, 2019 - 9:49am
infraroth's picture

I would also love to see Plex collections while browsing Plex libraries! Very frustrating in its current state...

July 19, 2019 - 2:19pm
Joost1991's picture
Beta Tester

I agree, I would expect it to match what is in Plex itself.