6 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  July 13, 2019 - 5:08am
pdduggan's picture
Kudos: 0

Sorry, I've checked other posts on this subject but they're just not helping. I have a number of shows that end up in 'Others' and WILL NOT appear in TV Shows and I just cannot understand why. I have tried to make them look exactly like the other shows that are working correctly but I've wasted a ton of time and I'm getting nowhere.

E.g. I have a folder "M:\Video\TV\Veep\Season 5" and in it I have files with names of this format: "veep.s05e01.mkv". From what I've read that should work but it doesn't. When I check it out in the Files view I can 'Edit Metadata' and select the one option (that is Veep 21 Apr 2012) but this seems to achieve exactly nothing.

I'm having similar problems with Fawlty Towers and a couple of others. I have Metadata Fetching turned ON and Embedded Metadata OFF. Any help would be very much appreciated.

July 13, 2019 - 8:12am
zemun2's picture
Kudos: 2

Have you tried using Sonarr? I use it for all of my TV shows and it seems to work well with infuse.

July 13, 2019 - 10:14am
pdduggan's picture

No, I've never heard of it but I will look into it. Thanks.

July 15, 2019 - 11:22am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,152

Welcome to the forum!

What type of device are you streaming from?

When using the Edit option in Infuse, do you see the correct filename listed near the top of the screen, or does something else appear?

We've seen a few cases where certain UPnP/DLNA devices will adjust filenames before sending them to Infuse.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

July 20, 2019 - 8:00am
pdduggan's picture

I'm using Apple TV. After I removed the share and re-added it everything started working as expected. I'd tried removing the folder and reloading several times already though. Seems a bit awkward that the only way to force recognition of the change is to nuke everything and start again but at least it worked. Thanks for responding.

July 20, 2019 - 8:01am
pdduggan's picture

Oh, FROM! Sorry, it's a WD My Book Live but I'm just using an SMB share, not a DLNA server.