6 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  July 18, 2019 - 4:33pm
macfanboy's picture
Kudos: 0

Absolutely love this app on my AppleTV but all of a sudden when I press play on a tv episode or movie I see an ad for monthly/yearly subscription and I can't get past that.

Is there a limit on how much you can watch before functionality is disabled?

July 18, 2019 - 9:17pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 371

The free version restricts certain codecs and types of files.

Now if you have taken a subscription and you are now seeing a screen telling you to upgrade to a subscription then you may have to click on the "Restore" button next to the subscription options.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

July 18, 2019 - 11:18pm
macfanboy's picture
Kudos: 0

These are low-quality files that played fine up until a few days ago.
In fact all my files, no matter how high quality, file size or codec played fine until a few days ago.

Now, these low-resolution 480p files or any other ones will not play.

No never had a subscription and this suspiciously looks like an attempt to get me to pay for one.

Looks like I will have to go back to using Plex ;(

July 19, 2019 - 5:49am
spot1701's picture
Kudos: 4

Subscriptions aren't for everyone. But paying for quality should be.
Search the app store of "Infuse Pro". You won't then have pay any subscriptions.

Thanks

Bryan

July 19, 2019 - 6:31am
remotevisitor's picture
Kudos: 34

The most common reason people find that they need the Pro features of Infuse to play their videos is that the video contains an AC3 sound track (mentioned at the end of the description in the App Store about Pro features). But it could be some other codec which is not supported in the free version which is causing the issue.

Infuse uses software which requires a license fee to be paid to Dolby to play AC3 sound tracks which is why it is not available in the free version.

If it isn’t the AC3 problem I suspect only James would be able to give a definitive answer, and he would need a dump of the codec information from a video file using something like mediainfo in order say for sure what the reason is that the Pro features are required.

July 23, 2019 - 7:23am
gggplaya's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 12

Infuse has the actual paid licenses for Dolby and DTS sound. That's what you get with a paid subscription.

Plex simply passes through or transcodes the audio to stereo and requires a server to do that.

Infuse can play movies directly with hardware decoding on the apple tv. They can't just give their work away for free, these developers need to eat and feed their children.