5 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  August 6, 2019 - 1:45pm
mustufa's picture
Kudos: 0

I was about to make an in-app purchase for Infuse 6 for the lifetime subscription in Turkish AppStore, and because the price was extremely high, I went on other country AppStores to compare the prices.

On US AppStore, the price of lifetime upgrade is $54.99.
On TR AppStore, the price of lifetime upgrade is 379.99₺, which is approx. $68

The funny part is, because the purchasing power of individuals in Turkey are far less than US, many application vendors are downpricing applications in TR store (like $0.99 apps are priced for 2-3₺ for attracting audience).

Don't you think that these prices need some adjustments?

August 6, 2019 - 2:09pm
NC Bullseye's picture
Kudos: 383

I always thought that Apple determined the exchange rate for other countries used in the App store.

•Just Another Infuse User• •Not An Employee Of Firecore• •Certified Curmudgeon•

August 7, 2019 - 9:20am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,203

The biggest reason for the price difference is the price shown in the App Store in Turkey (and many other countries) is inclusive of VAT (which I believe is around 18% in Turkey).

In the US, Apple will display the pre-tax price and will add local sales tax (usually 5-10%) during checkout.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

August 7, 2019 - 4:04pm
mustufa's picture
Kudos: 0
  james wrote:

The biggest reason for the price difference is the price shown in the App Store in Turkey (and many other countries) is inclusive of VAT (which I believe is around 18% in Turkey).

In the US, Apple will display the pre-tax price and will add local sales tax (usually 5-10%) during checkout.

Hmm... Thank you for the information, this makes sense.
What doesn’t make sense is that I’m not richer than an average US consumer, so I gave up subscribing.

August 7, 2019 - 4:56pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,203

One thing you may consider is opting for either the monthly or yearly subscription. Both of these strike a great balance between value and cost, and ensures you always have the latest and greatest version.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!