7 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  August 8, 2019 - 8:26pm
FC88's picture
Kudos: 0

Hi All,

Firstly, thank you Firecore! Understandably, everyone has their own slant on it but thank you for supporting playback of ISO files!

I'm looking to buy a lifetime Infuse iOS license but just wanted to check my wishful thinking/understanding first.

From looking through the info/forums, my understanding is:
1. Infuse 6 for iOS supports playback of Blu-ray and DVD ISO files via SMB. But I need to upgrade to the Pro/Lifetime version before this is functional?
2. Infuse 6 for iOS supports playback from SanDisk iXpand flash drive. Does this also include Blu-ray and DVD ISO files?

If someone from Firecore could confirm, would be much appreciated.

August 10, 2019 - 11:40pm
FC88's picture

Would @james be able to help with these couple of questions?

Your advice would be much appreciated.

August 12, 2019 - 11:49am
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,154

Happy to help.

1. Some video codecs will require a Pro license, so depending on what's inside the ISO files you are attempting to play they may require Pro. FWIW, based on the type of codecs usually found in ISO files, most of these will require Pro.
  2. ISO playback from iXpand is supported

You can receive a free 30 day trial of Pro by starting an annual subscription through the free Infuse 6 app, and this would allow you to try all the Pro features firsthand.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

August 13, 2019 - 7:39pm
FC88's picture
  james wrote:

Happy to help.

1. Some video codecs will require a Pro license, so depending on what's inside the ISO files you are attempting to play they may require Pro. FWIW, based on the type of codecs usually found in ISO files, most of these will require Pro.
  2. ISO playback from iXpand is supported

You can receive a free 30 day trial of Pro by starting an annual subscription through the free Infuse 6 app, and this would allow you to try all the Pro features firsthand.

Thanks for the help James. Much appreciated.

1. Thought probably the case but just wanted to check first.
  2. Great!

Thanks for the tip regarding the 30 day trial.

August 20, 2019 - 7:14pm
FC88's picture

On my 30-day trial and definitely a nice app!

But a couple more questions...
It seems there is no DVD menu support. Is this normal, or something I'm doing wrong?
Also, it seems to struggle with streaming Blu-rays from NAS. I'm not sure if this is a buffering problem or processing (ipad mini 4) problem...?

August 21, 2019 - 11:29am
JarvisMeier's picture
Beta Tester
Kudos: 48

There is no menu support. Bluray iso stuttering is usually a Wi-Fi or NAS bottleneck issue. I have no issues streaming bluray iso however it only works on the Apple TV with Ethernet.

August 21, 2019 - 11:27pm
FC88's picture
  JarvisMeier wrote:

There is no menu support. Bluray iso stuttering is usually a Wi-Fi or NAS bottleneck issue. I have no issues streaming bluray iso however it only works on the Apple TV with Ethernet.

Streaming Blu-ray - I thought maybe similar. I also have no problem streaming via other wired media player. So not NAS but probably Wi-Fi causing the stutter.

DVD menus - Ah that is a shame. I was actually surprised, considering how polished Infuse is, there's no menu support. Any chance this would be added in a future release? Can be a PITA without it for episodic DVDs.