5 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  August 8, 2019 - 9:05pm
FC88's picture
Kudos: 0

I'm hoping just an Infuse novice misunderstanding but...

I'm connecting to my local SMB share and the folders and files listed differ sometimes between the Settings>Add Files view and the Files view.

I've attached a couple of screenshots of one example to help. The "Add Files" view shows the correct folder/file listing but the "Files" view is missing some folders and shows random files, from within some of the folders.

Am I not understanding how the "Files" view/section is supposed to work?

Confused, more than Infused Smile

Attachments: 
  August 9, 2019 - 3:55am
spot1701's picture
Kudos: 4

The "add files" view shows you the actual structure of your drive, but the "files" view tried to be clever.
If a folder contains one video file, it will show the video file rather than the folder.
If that file has some metadata it will show that as the title, rather than the actual filename.

Thanks

Bryan

August 10, 2019 - 11:34pm
FC88's picture
  spot1701 wrote:

The "add files" view shows you the actual structure of your drive, but the "files" view tried to be clever.
If a folder contains one video file, it will show the video file rather than the folder.
If that file has some metadata it will show that as the title, rather than the actual filename.

Ahh. OK thanks. Obvious, now that you say it.
Is there any way to turn off this cleverness? It's mainly so the sort order stays by folder name, even when containing only one video file.

August 12, 2019 - 4:23am
spot1701's picture
Kudos: 4
  FC88 wrote:

Ahh. OK thanks. Obvious, now that you say it.
Is there any way to turn off this cleverness? It's mainly so the sort order stays by folder name, even when containing only one video file.

You can't turn it off. But you can put your single video files into a sub folder. It should then stay in Folder Order.

Thanks

Bryan

August 12, 2019 - 5:37am
FC88's picture
  spot1701 wrote:

You can't turn it off. But you can put your single video files into a sub folder. It should then stay in Folder Order.

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.