3 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  August 9, 2019 - 12:26pm
cesarleeds's picture
Kudos: 6

Hi guys

I´ve being reading on how to set up Infuse in order to work with Google Drive, but the thing is i don´t own any other Apple device other than the APTV 4K.

I currently have around 60tb of media content on my Drive account, and of course i will like to be able to stream that from Infuse.

I´m thinking about buying an iPad if there is no other way to do this, but i wanna be sure there is actually no other way to do it.

Initially i thought about some kind of iOs emulator, but it seems there is no such thing where i can run Infuse.

Then i thought, and this is kind of the ultimate solution, what if i do this from some friend´s iPad, installing Infuse there with my Apple ID, sync Google Drive and i guess i will be ready to go...but what if after that i log out?, i´m guessing the APTV 4K will no longer acknowledge any change made on my Drive account, am i right?

Of course the best thing would be to do it from the APTV 4K itself, but i´m guessing we can´t expect Apple to address this anytime soon, if they ever do.

August 12, 2019 - 12:20pm
james's picture
Staff
Kudos: 1,113

Unfortunately, the only way to set up a cloud share on Apple TV is via iOS. This is due to limitations in the available APIs for Apple TV.

The good news is this is a one-time requirement, so if you were to borrow a friend's iPad, you should be able to get it going.

1. Log in to the iPad with your Apple ID
  2. Download Infuse
  3. Add cloud share(s) via Settings > Add Files
  4. Wait a few moments for the shares to appear on Apple TV (in Settings > Shares)
  5. Delete the Infuse app itself on the iPad (just do not delete the saved shares in the app)
  6. Sign out of your Apple ID on the iPad, and return it to your friend

Doing this will allow your Google Drive share to be saved in iCloud, and will be available even if you remove/reinstall Infuse on Apple TV in the future.

Infuse 6 for iOS and Apple TV is now available!

August 13, 2019 - 4:37am
cesarleeds's picture
Kudos: 6
  james wrote:

Unfortunately, the only way to set up a cloud share on Apple TV is via iOS. This is due to limitations in the available APIs for Apple TV.

The good news is this is a one-time requirement, so if you were to borrow a friend's iPad, you should be able to get it going.

1. Log in to the iPad with your Apple ID
  2. Download Infuse
  3. Add cloud share(s) via Settings > Add Files
  4. Wait a few moments for the shares to appear on Apple TV (in Settings > Shares)
  5. Delete the Infuse app itself on the iPad (just do not delete the saved shares in the app)
  6. Sign out of your Apple ID on the iPad, and return it to your friend

Doing this will allow your Google Drive share to be saved in iCloud, and will be available even if you remove/reinstall Infuse on Apple TV in the future.

Thanks so much for the very detailed reply, James.

Glad to hear this is a one time thing.

I understand once that link Apple Id-iCloud is set under Infuse in iOS, Infuse on the APTV will be able to recognize any new content on my Drive account, even if I'm no longer logged in on any iOs device.