4 posts / 0 new / Last post
#1  August 10, 2019 - 7:55am
Zuano's picture
Kudos: 1

Hello,

I have a video learning course with 54 lessons and about 10 to 50 episodes per lesson.

I want this course to be recognized as a series so that I can resume the lessons after a break. At the moment I have to search the folder every time and fight my way through the menu.

With the TV series it is very practical that it is displayed per season and I can continue this season at any time. The season is also shown under "last seen".

That's exactly what I want for my learning course.

Is there already a possibility if I rename it correctly? I tried it with "Course Lesson S01EXX" but unfortunately without success.

I hope I expressed myself clearly. If you have any questions, please ask.

Please help me.

Best regards

Christian

August 10, 2019 - 6:43pm
mofa2016's picture
Kudos: 0

infuse needs metadata from tmdb/tvdb to build up series, with no metadata grabbed, they are just displayed as files

August 11, 2019 - 12:18am
coops's picture
Kudos: 12

Best you start by taking a look here :-
https://support.firecore.com/hc/en-us/articles...

Note the bit about “Custom metadata can be set by adding an XML file. A sample can be found here.” - reckon that's what you'll need to do.

August 11, 2019 - 2:49am
Zuano's picture
Kudos: 1

Thanks coops, for your answer.

The XML file is handy and I was able to change episode details with it. Like author, cast etc.

I also changed in the XML file the media type from movie to TV Show.

Unfortunately, this didn't change the fact that it is not recognized as a TV show.

mofa2016 could be right.

I also tried different filename variations.

show-name_s01e02.mkv
show name/any folder/S01E02.mkv
show name/season 1/episode 02.mkv

Unfortunately the only result was that the folder in Infuse was ignored and that all videos were visible now. It didn't recognize it as a TV show and didn't collect the files.

What do I have to do to make it recognized as a TV show?

Greetings,

Christian